Sponsored

Would you switch to a jt?? Why, or why not?

Ksvette

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu sport s
If you could swap your wrangler out, anfyget a jt. Keeping the same payments etc (or pick between a wrangler and jt for same price). Would you? Which would you want, and why?

Torn, as I may be looking at that. I prefer the size of the wrangler, and the departure angle. But the bed may be so useful, and better for camping....
Sponsored

SurfJeep

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Willys
There have been a few threads on this, and I think you may find a slightly biased crowd here... haha.

I was leaning JT until I compared them side by side and drove both. The dealer was willing to deal more on the JT, and I was replacing a pickup expecting to get another. In the end the bed was too small to really be useful to me.

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
For me personally, the JL is the Jeep for me. I already have a 3/4 ton truck to do truck stuff with. The JT has a lot of appeal but the JL is better for my needs. If I had unlimited funds and space, I'd have a JT in my fleet. I just can't justify it otherwise.

PacNWJLGecko

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
I drove a JT and a JL before I ordered my JL. I had really preferred the look of a JT over a JL until I drove one. The JL already feels smaller on the inside than it looks. The JT feels TINY on the inside. Especially considering it was me and my Dad out shopping Jeeps and we were running around in his 2019 F150. That thing is HUGE on the inside compared to a JT.

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
The bed is useful, but so is a shorter overall length and a good bit of storage area out of the elements. I have a utility trailer at home for the very few times I need it.
You just need to decide which is more important for your needs.

Sponsored

Steve F

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JKU
I tow a camper trailer and tour, I prefer the secure and enclosed space of the JL over the tub of the JT. The camper carries most of the gear other than electronics etc (camera those sort of things) so the JL suits my needs better. I also have a small fridge etc in the rear, again that secure. clean storage works better for trips once base camp is setup. In short, nup, I'd stick with the JL, I think it looks better to ;)

OP
OP
Ksvette

Ksvette

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu sport s
The bed is useful, but so is a shorter overall length and a good bit of storage area out of the elements. I have a utility trailer at home for the very few times I need it.
You just need to decide which is more important for your needs.
I would definitely need a cover, as we use our jeep for travel a ton. Inside storage on jl was certainly lacking. It did feel more comfortable though.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
I would buy one to compliment my JLR in matching Sting Gray. I wouldnā€™t trade... But at the JTR price, with the options I want. I feel a base Power Wagon is better bang for buck and would compliment the JLR just as well.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
If you could swap your wrangler out, anfyget a jt. Keeping the same payments etc (or pick between a wrangler and jt for same price). Would you? Which would you want, and why?

Torn, as I may be looking at that. I prefer the size of the wrangler, and the departure angle. But the bed may be so useful, and better for camping....
JL. I think the JT is fugly.

Jeep Wrangler JL Would you switch to a jt??  Why, or why not? 1623111277240

Sponsored

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
ā€˜Merica
Sold my JLU last week. Ordered a JTR Diesel on 5/8, picking up tomorrow. Sold my F150 when I bought the JLU in 2018 and canā€™t count how many times I have needed a truck for the extra bed space and didnā€™t have what I needed. JT for me.

OP
OP
Ksvette

Ksvette

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu sport s
No. JT isn't as capable off-road. I have a truck for truck stuff.
This seems to be what a lot of people say. But, I don't have a truck for truck stuff. That is part of the issue. I don't do heavy duty truck stuff, but the bed would be nice.

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
ā€˜Merica
Sold my JLU last week. Ordered a JTR Diesel on 5/8, picking up tomorrow. Sold my F150 when I bought the JLU in 2018 and canā€™t count how many times I have needed a truck for the extra bed space and didnā€™t have what I needed. JT for me.
I should note that the wife has a JLU. While I get my JT delivered this week, I still have a JLU at my disposal.

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon two door. 2.0 Turbo.
I would be really tempted if they made a two door or extended cab JT. The way it is now is just too long in my opinion. But then again, my wife and I do not have kids so two doors work just fine for us.

But I really do think that FCA (or whatever their name is now - haha) is selling themselves short (pun intended) by not having options like all the other brands do for pickups.

Hey Jeep big-wigs.... if you read this....(which they won't but hey it can't hurt, right?) ...BUILD A PRODUCTION VERSION OF THE J6 CONCEPT...IT WILL SELL!!! Even do it on a JL unlimited chassis like the concept was...I think it would sell surprising numbers. If you need big towing and hauling numbers then you really are better off in a half ton or bigger anyway.

Well, I know ONE would sell anyway!;)
Sponsored