First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
installed the winch. lights is next on the list. that will be next weekend, because its to freaking hot.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210606_141622[1]

mike_b_81

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
How did the plastidip hold up on the antenna? I'm thinking about doing this also. I still have some flat black plastidip from another project.
2 years later and for the most part itā€™s holding up great, thereā€™s a little bit here and there thatā€™s flaking off, I could reapply and be good to go. So Iā€™m pleased with how itā€™s held up. You have to be right up on it to tell itā€™s coming off. And I do have a scratched off part where a guy at the car wash took an adjustable wrench to my antenna to take it off without even mentioning it to me.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 3612A43A-7371-425E-9168-4F76CE228A27
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? A3E108F7-042B-445C-8E43-8E7ECBB1D374

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2020 JT, 1990 Mustang
Build Thread
Link
Installed Diabolicalā€™s Slipstream along with Shadeidea screens and some inexpensive Hooke Road tube doors and Lange Coyote side view mirrors. Next up is a Midland GMRS radio.
Note - Iā€™m 6ā€™0ā€ tall and my head hits the sun screens, not a fan of that.

5E8B97D8-6ED9-4EA9-9732-49C5D09C4459.jpeg

66C0AA53-215D-4D2A-8D13-C0E54484D621.jpeg

3495C28E-1E97-41FA-8111-7EBC25615653.jpeg
Jeep looks great!

I am the same height and really wanted the two piece sun screens but read a few that said the same thing. I went with the one piece and have maybe an inch and a half of clearance. Wish there was one that mounted even with the top of the cage.

how were the Hooke doors to align? I have been eyeing those and the EAG ones.

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
I drove 700 miles for work, got home at the crack of dawn, and went to work on the Rubicon takeoff lift. I added 0.75" coil spacers in the front and LCAs from the Mopar lift kit. I already had the Rubicon shocks.

I finally corrected the front end sag, and I feel better about doing most of the lifting with springs. I debated not even throwing the spacer in there, but it came out level, and wouldn't have without it. I have some room in the wheel well now without making the stock tires look stupidly small.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1623023395334

Measuring from the ground to the bottom of the fender flares, I had 34.5" and 36.5" starting out, and 37.5" all around when I got done. (I had my son stand on the piece of "black pudding" as he calls it to stand in for the bumper I'm about to bolt on.) I drove the Jeep very gently to jostle everything a little and settle it down some before measuring.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1623024041477

I still have to torque the LCAs. I was going to do that and change the rear bumper, but the bottom fell out of my ass at noon. The job probably took about four hours total, or six hours with breaks. It was the first time I ever took apart any suspension components. It was easier than I expected. I did get the axle breather tube pretty tight, and probably should have loosened it, but I didn't tear it, and it seems fine.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1623022780431

I went to bed for a few hours, and the 30% chance of a shower turned into three straight hours of rain so far. Damn it. Not getting the bumper done today. I have to go lay down in the rain and torque the LCAs so I can take it somewhere and get it aligned tomorrow.

Rain in the forecast every day for the foreseeable future, so no going topless anytime soon. I should, however, have some very muddy dirt roads to explore next weekend!

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1623024330763

Last edited:

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I drove 700 miles for work, got home at the crack of dawn, and went to work on the Rubicon takeoff lift. I added 0.75" coil spacers in the front and LCAs from the Mopar lift kit. I already had the Rubicon shocks.

I finally corrected the front end sag, and I feel better about doing most of the lifting with springs. I debated not even throwing the spacer in there, but it came out level, and wouldn't have without it. I have some room in the wheel well now without making the stock tires look stupidly small.

Measuring from the ground to the bottom of the fender flares, I had 34.5" and 36.5" starting out, and 37.5" all around when I got done. (I had my son stand on the piece of "black pudding" as he calls it to stand in for the bumper I'm about to bolt on.) I drove the Jeep very gently to jostle everything a little and settle it down some before measuring.

I still have to torque the LCAs. I was going to do that and change the rear bumper, but the bottom fell out of my ass at noon. The job probably took about four hours total, or six hours with breaks. It was the first time I ever took apart any suspension components. It was easier than I expected. I did get the axle breather tube pretty tight, and probably should have loosened it, but I didn't tear it, and it seems fine.

I went to bed for a few hours, and the 30% chance of a shower turned into three straight hours of rain so far. Damn it. Not getting the bumper done today. I have to go lay down in the rain and torque the LCAs so I can take it somewhere and get it aligned tomorrow.

Rain in the forecast every day for the foreseeable future, so no going topless anytime soon. I should, however, have some very muddy dirt roads to explore next weekend!

You donā€™t need alignment, if you want one then thatā€™s ok, but donā€™t get one thinking you need it , cuz you donā€™t.:)

jadewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport (sold), 2021 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
why do your wheels look like they are not actually tied together, the driver side looks turned while passenger looks straight?
šŸ˜†

Combination of camera position and wide angle lens. Both wheels are turned to driver side. But the distortion around the edges on the ultra wide lens makes it look weird.

I swear they're on there right. ;)

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
why do your wheels look like they are not actually tied together, the driver side looks turned while passenger looks straight?

That's Jeep's take on an all new 4-wheel independent steering system! Take that Bronco!

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
2 years later and for the most part itā€™s holding up great, thereā€™s a little bit here and there thatā€™s flaking off, I could reapply and be good to go. So Iā€™m pleased with how itā€™s held up. You have to be right up on it to tell itā€™s coming off. And I do have a scratched off part where a guy at the car wash took an adjustable wrench to my antenna to take it off without even mentioning it to me.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 745AFD68-CACF-4539-93EE-FFE8107D2BCD
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 745AFD68-CACF-4539-93EE-FFE8107D2BCD
do you loose any radio reception.

seannaz

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JKUR 4XE, Cyber Truck (on order...)
Vehicle Showcase
Whereā€™s the stickers for Energizer, Radio Shack, and your local power company? šŸ¤£
YES!!! Maybe a Duracell logo - now weā€™re talking!!

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
You donā€™t need alignment, if you want one then thatā€™s ok, but donā€™t get one thinking you need it , cuz you donā€™t.:)
I've been arguing with a mechanic buddy of mine all week. He's convinced the mods I made will totally wreck the alignment, and I'm convinced it will be fine. I want the print out to show him I did my homework.

I'm also going to get them to torque the LCAs. The only way I'm ever going to get that done myself is to dig a huge hole in the yard so I can stand under the damn thing and put some ass into it. I just can't get enough muscle into the wrench on my back in the driveway. My air gun only gets up to about 120 ft. lbs.