Sponsored

Tread Lightly in Ocala, FL

bwally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Hey everyone.

Does anyone have experience with the Badge of Honor trail in Ocala / Tread Lightly?

I drive a JLUR, no concerns obviously. My son wants to take his 2WD Renegade (all terrain tires, but no lift).

Good idea, bad idea? Possible or no chance? Wanted to make a father / son weekend out of it
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hey everyone.

Does anyone have experience with the Badge of Honor trail in Ocala / Tread Lightly?

I drive a JLUR, no concerns obviously. My son wants to take his 2WD Renegade (all terrain tires, but no lift).

Good idea, bad idea? Possible or no chance? Wanted to make a father / son weekend out of it
You’ll be fine, worst thing you’ll encounter is some sugar sand, ( drive around it) and some pinstripes from the tight trails. You can do it in moms minivan if you want.......

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
A very very very easy trail system. I did it in 2wd with out airing down. Because I did not air down there ere a couple of spots that I had to use 4wd because of deep sand. There are places that the brush is bad and you can get some pin striping if you are not careful.

We explored for the day and then used hammocks to camp and sleep that night.

Jeep Wrangler JL Tread Lightly in Ocala, FL 1622975584961

Jeep Wrangler JL Tread Lightly in Ocala, FL 1622975627315

Jeep Wrangler JL Tread Lightly in Ocala, FL 1622975682839

NOTE: The mud on the Jeeps were from Alabama. We did not see any mud there.

Overall it was a fun day. Not challenging, but still fun to explore. There are many miles of trails. Even some small lakes here and there. If the brush got to heavy, we just turned around and found a different trail.

Last edited:

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
Bring a tow strap and/or a kinetic strap as I've recovered plenty of 2WD vehicles stuck in Ocala. If you're looking for more info on the trail checkout www.trailsoffroad.com.

DARAMOS

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Unlimted Sport
A very very very easy trail system. I did it in 2wd with out airing down. Because I did not air down there ere a couple of spots that I had to use 4wd because of deep sand. There are places that the brush is bad and you can get some pin striping if you are not careful.

We explored for the day and then used hammocks to camp and sleep that night.

NOTE: The mud on the Jeeps were from Alabama. We did not see any mud there.

Overall it was a fun day. Not challenging, but still fun to explore. There are many miles of trails. Even some slam lakes here and there. If the brush got to heavy, we just turned around and found a different trail.

what is a slam lake? thinking of getting this badge soon.

Sponsored

DARAMOS

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Unlimted Sport
A slam lake is an auto correct from Mac for small lake...... Had to go back up and edit my post.....
ahh i was hoping that was slang for some sort of fishing hole lol...

MMalone

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sahara 4XE White
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
A fellow Jeeper and I are also planning our 1st trail ride, looking for help/advise from any of you that have done the Ocala NF, Tread Lightly Trail(s). We have researched and watched a lot of videos, can someone recommend or provide a link to a good map. Is there a map available that shows where a beginner should and should not go? Stock JL's.

gnvNole

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
A fellow Jeeper and I are also planning our 1st trail ride, looking for help/advise from any of you that have done the Ocala NF, Tread Lightly Trail(s). We have researched and watched a lot of videos, can someone recommend or provide a link to a good map. Is there a map available that shows where a beginner should and should not go? Stock JL's.
If you are still looking for a good map, happy to share a route that uses Gaia or another mapping service. Starts around Paisely Woods, by the cemetery and winds up to Salt Springs. Pines, hard dirt, some sugar sand. Not too tight and a little bit of water, most of which you can drive around, some you have to go through. Feel free to PM if you are interested.
Sponsored