Bubbles in Paint at Door Hinges

Murph-NH

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Don't they need to blend it in order for everything to match correctly? Mine has been in for almost 3 weeks now and I'm getting really nervous that there's going to be obvious paint spots where they fixed corrosion on four doors and hood
Well I just called and they said it is ready. Guess we will see very shortly how well they can paint just the doors and hood in silver without blending. Shop gets good reviews so hope it was done well.
Sponsored

PiroJeep96

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
Hope it matches! I know all the pain of mis matched doors.. told me it was Punkn’ looked almost like Nacho when i got it back. Especially noticeable at dawn or dusk.. mine goes in monday hopefully it matches this time.

ErAcEr

First Name
Matthew (Mateo)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 ZH2 , 2018 Z900, 2013 Vulcan 1700
Occupation
Engineer/Technician
If anyone is able to answer:

How do I go abut getting a loaner ride while they have mine? This be my only means of transpo (other than bikes but they dont see inclement weather)

Murph-NH

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Doors look great but hood hinges look like they had the b crew on it and there are sanding marks etc but the paint matches well lol. Might say something or just be happy the way it is

Last edited:

Sponsored

damageinc321

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon unlimited
20210522_184049.jpg
20210524_103535.jpg
here are a few of mine took it to the dealer and they took pictures but no response yet, then again I brought it to the dealer months ago about the rear defroster cable breaking off and still haven't heard back about that either. Smh
20210527_124057.jpg

Murph-NH

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
The rear defroster is simple to fix yourself if you have a half decent soldering iron. The dealer will use some horrible epoxy that fails rather quickly or they have to replace the entire rear glass.

PiroJeep96

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
Doors look great but hood hinges look like they had the b crew on it and there are sanding marks etc but the paint matches well lol. Might say something or just be happy the way it is
Dam man.. they told me my hinges where pitted so bad they had to order new ones.. maybe they tried to resurrect yours?

PiroJeep96

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
If anyone is able to answer:

How do I go abut getting a loaner ride while they have mine? This be my only means of transpo (other than bikes but they dont see inclement weather)
Hmm.. If your dealer is taking the vehicle in for warranty work they should provide you with alternative transportation. Its not your fault it has to go in..

Murph-NH

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
They replaced all of the hinges. The problem is they over sanded areas on the hood itself and left sanding marks. Am I being anal?
Jeep Wrangler JL Bubbles in Paint at Door Hinges 160F0D94-ABD2-483E-B8DD-456539B5C23E
Jeep Wrangler JL Bubbles in Paint at Door Hinges 41775BD6-B3C2-41C5-A1E4-55D353C6B452
Jeep Wrangler JL Bubbles in Paint at Door Hinges C4BC7D7E-7F37-4ED1-BA50-A42B8E58624C

Sponsored

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Hmm.. If your dealer is taking the vehicle in for warranty work they should provide you with alternative transportation. Its not your fault it has to go in..
Even most higher end brands will not do that.

If your BMW or Porsche dealer offers a loaner, it's only because the dealership has chosen to do so, not because the manufacturer does.

18BlackJLRU

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4XE Rubicon
You you are correct, under the basic 3 year warranty, they do not supply any loaner cars.

Mine is going in on Monday for a week... I’m getting a loaner car only because I know the dealer owners and have a good relationship with them.

To get a loaner, you may want talk to your salesman, or to the director of the sales department (they are more flexible then the service department) or to the service manager.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
You you are correct, under the basic 3 year warranty, they do not supply any loaner cars.

Mine is going in on Monday for a week... I’m getting a loaner car only because I know the dealer owners and have a good relationship with them.

To get a loaner, you may want talk to your salesman, or to the director of the sales department (they are more flexible then the service department) or to the service manager.
The cares team can rent you a vehicle. But it’s going to be some compact car and maybe in the form of reimbursement. That’s how Rams Care handed it when his new Ram broke on him. Jeep Cares is probably similar.

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
The problem with car rentals is it's usually done via an outside company.

True story:

My dealer rented me a car when my Jeep was in the shop.

That rental agency went out of business a year later and sold their assets to another firm.

My dealer did not in fact pay for my rental, so a collection agency nailed me for the price of the rental plus about $100 in fees.

The service manager had since left the dealership so the dealer said they "had no record" of the rental or a promise to pay for it.
Sponsored