Sponsored

Best LED Headlight Recommendations

Fuel Fire Desire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2020 JT Sport
To match beam tech bulbs what fog light bulbs did u guys use? Thx
I used the ALLA switchbacks. The white light is a perfect match in intensity and color to the beamtechs. Beam pattern matches factory with a clean cut off. The amber is more intense, with more scatter. No good for driving with incoming traffic because of the scatter, but it pierces the rain and fog very well. Very quick and easy to switch back and forth between colors. Just double tap the fog light button. The bulbs remember the last used color, so it will stay on white for each start up.

JbNZg6Kl.jpg
Hc0EYy5l.jpg
Sponsored

MaineBumpkin

First Name
Henri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU, 2021 RAM 1500
Build Thread
Link
Hello all,

I wanted to chime in here and provide some feedback others may find useful. We intentionally ordered our Wrangler without LED package because we heard some people were less than thrilled with OEM LEDs. While we waited for our Wrangler to come in I researched headlights and decided I wanted Oracle Oculus or Axial LEDs.

I ended up finding a YouTube video where one guy showed some concern about the sharp low beam cutoff on the Oracles but I figured it was more a result of his video quality than actual lighting. In the end I decided on Axial due to price.

Flash forward 3 months and just before our Wrangler arrives I find a member here selling his barely used Oracles because he was selling his Wrangler. Sweet deal so I purchased them and sold my Axials to a buddy.

This past weekend I installed the Oracles and took a late night test drive. Two things became quickly apparent:
#1 these headlights are bright!
#2 on hilly dark roads these headlights are scary as shit on low beam!

The cutoff is great for avoiding flashes from other drivers BUT, beyond 30 ish feet they cast ZERO light. 40 MPH on hilly country roads gives you explosive lightning directly in front of you but beyond the cutoff it’s PITCH BLACK.

Sorry to bag on a good product but the feature which keeps you from blinding other drivers is too good because there in ZERO bleeding of light beyond the cutoff. This means you are constantly having to adjust low / high beam. That said, when the high beams are on it seems like you can light up a mile in front of you (on flat ground).

I may go with BeamTech LED’s next and sell my Oracles to some lucky person who lives in a relatively flat area :)
Jeep Wrangler JL Best LED Headlight Recommendations C780ACDF-9160-413C-9C21-4E728CE862CF

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I may go with BeamTech LED’s next and sell my Oracles
Don't do it. While the Beamtechs are good, they can't compare to the Oracle Oculus. I ran Beamteachs for about a month before switching to the Oracles.

mark090852

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wranger Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Hello all,

I wanted to chime in here and provide some feedback others may find useful. We intentionally ordered our Wrangler without LED package because we heard some people were less than thrilled with OEM LEDs. While we waited for our Wrangler to come in I researched headlights and decided I wanted Oracle Oculus or Axial LEDs.

I ended up finding a YouTube video where one guy showed some concern about the sharp low beam cutoff on the Oracles but I figured it was more a result of his video quality than actual lighting. In the end I decided on Axial due to price.

Flash forward 3 months and just before our Wrangler arrives I find a member here selling his barely used Oracles because he was selling his Wrangler. Sweet deal so I purchased them and sold my Axials to a buddy.

This past weekend I installed the Oracles and took a late night test drive. Two things became quickly apparent:

The cutoff is great for avoiding flashes from other drivers BUT, beyond 30 ish feet they cast ZERO light. 40 MPH on hilly country roads gives you explosive lightning directly in front of you but beyond the cutoff it’s PITCH BLACK.

Sorry to bag on a good product but the feature which keeps you from blinding other drivers is too good because there in ZERO bleeding of light beyond the cutoff. This means you are constantly having to adjust low / high beam. That said, when the high beams are on it seems like you can light up a mile in front of you (on flat ground).

I may go with BeamTech LED’s next and sell my Oracles to some lucky person who lives in a relatively flat area :)
C780ACDF-9160-413C-9C21-4E728CE862CF.jpeg
If your Oracle headlights are only lighting about 30 feet in front of you on low beam, then you have them aimed much too low. You can easily adjust the height of the low beam a little higher and you will project light out much futher, and still not blast light into the eyes of incoming traffic. I have those same lights, and I live in a VERY hilly area, and have no problem with them at all. SO much better than the halogen lights that came stock. Just fine tune your aiming, a little at a time, and I think you will be very impressed with them.

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
Hello all,

Hey Henri, Mark has the right idea! We'd suggest re-adjusting your headlights as it sounds like they are likely aimed too low. Simple fix!

Here are some guidelines for doing so as well as a customer photo of the high/low beam comparison showing that these should be lighting further out when re-aimed correctly. Please let us know if we can assist with other questions here or by calling our team at 1-800-407-5576.
  1. Park the Jeep 15-20ft. away from a wall on a flat surface.
  2. Measure from the ground to the center of each headlight.
  3. Mark the same height on the wall with tape.
  4. Locate the adjuster bolt on the back of headlight covered by a rubber cap.
  5. Aim the cutoff line to meet the marked spot on the wall using the supplied tool.
-Rachel

Jeep Wrangler JL Best LED Headlight Recommendations oculus_beam_Pattern_Wrangler_JL_ORACLE_1024x1024

Sponsored

MaineBumpkin

First Name
Henri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Thanks all, I’ll try this and come back with some results!

MaineBumpkin

First Name
Henri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I adjusted them properly and it’s a bit better but there is no changing the fact that the cutoff is very well defined. I basically need to use my high beams more frequently but besides that, I’m satisfied. I installed Axial LED’s in my buddy’s JL and the cutoff was just as well defined as the Oracles.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I adjusted them properly and it’s a bit better but there is no changing the fact that the cutoff is very well defined. I basically need to use my high beams more frequently but besides that, I’m satisfied. I installed Axial LED’s in my buddy’s JL and the cutoff was just as well defined as the Oracles.
I have been looking hard at the Oracle Oculus but as you said there is a distinct cutoff line I’m not sure I could warm up to.

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
You get used to it. I know exactly what you are talking about...most quality aftermarket LED/HID projection systems use the "Euro" cutoff because it's more desirable in every superficial way - meaning it looks much cooler to everyone else. Problem is it sucks for the driver. American style LED/HID cutoffs are softened so there's more light bleed above the cutoff...all OEM systems on GM, Ford, FCA, Honda, and Toyota are this way. So when you are used to that, or Halogen systems, and switch to Euro-style, man it's difficult to adjust. I first noticed this on my Profile LED Projector retrofit on my Tahoe. But after two years of driving with that setup, i'm used to it and it doesn't bother me at all. I LOVE driving my Tahoe at night because the lights are fantastic, and i've gotten so many comments on high nice my headlights are...both from the in-truck perspective and the head-on perspective. My wife said the same thing about her Oculus setup...hated it the first time she drove it, but within days she said she got used to it and really likes it now. Neither of us really use our high beams much at all anymore.

Sponsored

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
I have the @ORACLElights, they have been great. Also have a bunch of other Oracle products, all great.

72367307-D9F0-4469-8398-F1114DC8C34B.jpeg
Seconding. I love my oracle headlights. Stupid bright and no issues in the 6 months I’ve had them. Only thing is to adjust them properly. When I added my tires in the trunk and sagged the rear end these things were zeus beams at night in peoples mirrors.

Big fan or oracle either way, just added their blacked out tail lights.

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
Seconding. I love my oracle headlights. Stupid bright and no issues in the 6 months I’ve had them. Only thing is to adjust them properly. When I added my tires in the trunk and sagged the rear end these things were zeus beams at night in peoples mirrors.

Big fan or oracle either way, just added their blacked out tail lights.
I LOL'd at Zeus beams!!! I have their headlights and blacked tails as well. Love them both.

PacNWJLGecko

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
@ORACLElights I have a Wrangler Unlimited Sport on order with the halogen headlights. Are your lights plug and play besides the Halo feature?

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs