Banned
Banned
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Sport
Possibly if youre looking for audio precision you should try the JL Audio FiX 86. That DSP allows you way more customizable audio tuning for specific needs. Also maybe higher quality speakers such as AudioFrog or at that level.
When I sat in the Jeep with the Alpine system, I thought it would sound better. then it did.
Sponsored

iuseJT

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT
When I sat in the Jeep with the Alpine system, I thought it would sound better. then it did.
Dont quote me on this but I believe and I have seen it on other forums that the speakers that come in the Premium Alpine System from JL and JT are the same speakers that come in the basic non premium sound system JL/JT. A while ago I had purchased a takeoff premium alpine system from a guy that took it off his JT and his speakers looked exactly as mine. I ended up reselling everything due to the wiring being complicated for me and just kept the 8.4 Radio to use in my Jeep. So basically the speakers do suck lol

TJJL19

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Sport
Does anyone have the
Alpine 820SVX-ENW-MO-U-SWV
Mounting Bracket R, that they want to sell?

ggilla614

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Occupation
Engineer
Has anyone else had any success installing the Alpine KTP-445U amp using the iDatalink HRN-DSP-CH3 wiring harness?

Sponsored

WRGLR-JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willy's 2 door
Vehicle Showcase
This past saturday I used the PAC Amppro AP4 CH41 R.2 harness to add an old Rockford Fosgate amplifier to the basic system in my JL. Most difficult part was splicing the speaker leads from the amp to the harness dongle that then plugs into the main PAC harness behind the radio. I also recommend not trying to stuff the RCA jack converter behind the radio. The PAC harness is long enough to allow placement behind and to the left of the glove box. Otherwise it's a plug N play install. And WOW what a difference even using the original basic speakers...crisper and clearer sound. If you want to add an amp this , in my opinion, is a worthwhile expense even at $270.00....

iuseJT

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT
My son and I recently installed the Alpine KTP amp in our F150 FX4, and the amp was the only thing on backorder from Crutchfield (however, it only took about 3 days for them to get it in stock and ship it- they seem to get shipments of this amp in pretty regularly).

From what I can tell, the Alpine KTP is designed to receive high level inputs. Overall, I would say the Alpine KTP-455 amp is the best amp on the market for my particular needs (which is why I now have three of them installed in vehicles). Compact, enough power for my purposes, and installation is really straightforward (love not having to install resistors in the channel feeds like you apparently have to do with most amps). It's only 50 amps per channel or so, but considering you have to keep the gain turned pretty much all the way down to keep the volume at listenable levels it seems to pack plenty enough punch to run 4 to 8 speakers.
I couldnt stop myself with the KTP Amp you told me about, it sounds great and now I just bought an Alpine PWE-S8 Powered Sub Lol… If im not mistaken by reading previous posts you are running a Powered Sub also right? If so are you running the speaker inputs for the sub through the 2 RCA Jacks only? Thanks

AMT

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T
Just got my first Jeep 2 days ago and loving it! Not sure who likes it more, me or my 6, 4 and 2 year old sons...
I am an extreme novice/newb when it comes to doing anything to vehicles other than changing oil or putting in gas / adding air to tires, but looking forward to doing things to the Jeep with help from people, forums and YouTube.
I have the 7" radio with base/non-premium sound package (no subwoofer) and while at some point am planning to put in a subwoofer and amp (sounds like the Alpine PWD-X5 is an all-in-one solution, but may do some other methods mentioned here if cheaper) I am currently looking to only change out the speakers on the dash and in the roll bar. I have read through this forum and sounds like the Kicker 47KSC3504 and Kenwood Excelon KFC-X3C that TJ used are 2 great choices to do so (seems like you tried a number of options and decided these worked the best). My question is: will these changes make a noticeable difference in sound quality just changing out the speakers and nothing else? Looks like there are 2 speakers on each side of the roll bar, did you change anything else at that location or just the Kenwoods? Sorry about rambling on... like I said new to it all and just not sure if this first go 'round will work? Thank you to everyone who has contributed here, trying to follow along best I can đź‘Ť

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Just got my first Jeep 2 days ago and loving it! Not sure who likes it more, me or my 6, 4 and 2 year old sons...
I am an extreme novice/newb when it comes to doing anything to vehicles other than changing oil or putting in gas / adding air to tires, but looking forward to doing things to the Jeep with help from people, forums and YouTube.
I have the 7" radio with base/non-premium sound package (no subwoofer) and while at some point am planning to put in a subwoofer and amp (sounds like the Alpine PWD-X5 is an all-in-one solution, but may do some other methods mentioned here if cheaper) I am currently looking to only change out the speakers on the dash and in the roll bar. I have read through this forum and sounds like the Kicker 47KSC3504 and Kenwood Excelon KFC-X3C that TJ used are 2 great choices to do so (seems like you tried a number of options and decided these worked the best). My question is: will these changes make a noticeable difference in sound quality just changing out the speakers and nothing else? Looks like there are 2 speakers on each side of the roll bar, did you change anything else at that location or just the Kenwoods? Sorry about rambling on... like I said new to it all and just not sure if this first go 'round will work? Thank you to everyone who has contributed here, trying to follow along best I can đź‘Ť
I installed the Kickers in the dash then two weeks later yanked them out and installed Infinity REF-3032CFX in their place. Granted I did that for two reasons, one to match the Infinity's in the SB but mostly because they sounded terrible. The Kickers are at best a lateral change from the factory, not an upgrade. I've had Kenwood in the past and they were ok, the new JBL Club 3.5" look like a better upgrade also if not an Infinity fan.

OP
OP
Varilux

Varilux

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
iuseJT said:
I couldnt stop myself with the KTP Amp you told me about, it sounds great and now I just bought an Alpine PWE-S8 Powered Sub Lol… If im not mistaken by reading previous posts you are running a Powered Sub also right? If so are you running the speaker inputs for the sub through the 2 RCA Jacks only? Thanks
Yep, I have a SoundOrdnance powered sub under the passenger seat. At first, I fed it with speaker wires (high input), but later rewired it using the low powered (RCA) sub feeds in the harness. Either seemed to work equally fine in my setup.

Sponsored

iuseJT

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT
Yep, I have a SoundOrdnance powered sub under the passenger seat. At first, I fed it with speaker wires (high input), but later rewired it using the low powered (RCA) sub feeds in the harness. Either seemed to work equally fine in my setup.
Thanks for the response. The harness you used looks like it has a LOC covered up under the tape for the SUB feeds or am I wrong see attached picture. Also how did u manage to secure the amp under the seat? Thanks
Jeep Wrangler JL Plug and Play amp upgrade to basic system 725CB86B-1B82-46AA-8C0C-9F14824EB72B

OP
OP
Varilux

Varilux

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
iuseJT said:
Thanks for the response. The harness you used looks like it has a LOC covered up under the tape for the SUB feeds or am I wrong see attached picture. Also how did u manage to secure the amp under the seat? Thanks
I believe (been a while now, so I might be remembering incorrectly) there was another part of the harness that converted the plug into RCA jacks. I think you can use the feeds from the sub out feed to hook up RCA plugs (you can either cut up an existing RCA cable, or there are adapters you can get through BestBuy or on Amazon). I also seem to recall that only one of the RCA plugs seems to send a signal (I found I could disconnect one of the plugs with no change in sound, your experience may vary).
As far as securing the amp under the seat, it is a tight fit with both the amp and the powered subwoofer. Honestly, I just have the amp laying on the carpet (it is heavy enough to stay in place). I like having the amp "loose," because it is easy to pull it out from under the seat to tweak the gains and dip switches if necessary (although after the first few weeks, I had it set where I like).

OP
OP
Varilux

Varilux

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This definitely looks like it would eliminate the need to cut into the factory harness. It provides out and in wiring from the amp (and, it already contains the resistors necessary with most amps to make the head unit think there are speakers connected). The only wiring required would be to make all the connections to the amp's in and out feeds (which should be a total of 16 wires).

Angel Arvelo

First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Altitude
Occupation
Engineer
Hello Guys.

I recently purchased a JLU Altitude with the 7'' screen and non-upgraded audio.

I want to improve my overall audio quality and volume and get a richer sound without voiding the warranty (Bought the additional 75k miles warranty).

Do you have any ideas?

Not sure if it will work but I was thinking about using these parts:

- PAC AmpPRO AP4-CH41 Aftermarket Amplifier Interface
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_541AP...-Aftermarket-Amplifier-Interface.html?tp=6348

- Alpine - 10-Inch Loaded Subwoofer Enclosure, Mono Amplifier & Amp Kit Package with In-Store Amplifier Installation
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/alpine...ion/9999300000000494.p?skuId=9999300000000494

- And give a try to these Infinity REF-3032CFX

Let me know what you think.
Thanks
Sponsored