Are you showing 99 mpg in electric?

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
Don't remember it being this way but after I got the Jeep back from the dealer to fix a fuel cap issue, my MPG when in electric is at 99. Drops all the way to zero at a stop then quickly gets back up to 99 as soon as I hit the pedal and stays at 99 until engine kicks in.

Could've sworn that before taking to dealer that mpg was fluctuating around 50 or so in battery mode before but maybe I didn't notice it was always at 99?
20210602_194035.jpg
Sponsored

Getmadboy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Don't remember it being this way but after I got the Jeep back from the dealer to fix a fuel cap issue, my MPG when in electric is at 99. Drops all the way to zero at a stop then quickly gets back up to 99 as soon as I hit the pedal and stays at 99 until engine kicks in.

Could've sworn that before taking to dealer that mpg was fluctuating around 50 or so in battery mode before but maybe I didn't notice it was always at 99?
Jeep Wrangler JL Are you showing 99 mpg in electric? 20210602_194035
Yeah my 4xe does the same thing. It’s calculating 99 mpg in all electric because it’s using zero gas

ND_4XE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Resurrecting this old thread. Does everyone's 4xe show 99 "Current MPG(e)" when running in hybrid or electric mode?

This is not right. We also have a Pacifica Hybrid and the "Current MPG(e)" shows the actual electrical fuel economy displayed as MPGe (miles per gallon equivalent). The average MPG(e) in the Wrangler is calculated correctly when running off the battery (no gas), so there is no reason they can't properly display the instant/current MPG(e). The way it ramps up and down so fast between 0-1 mph indicates there is an issue with the calculation in the software. We have an appointment with the dealer this week to look at it, not sure how far we'll get.

Here is our Wrangler:
Jeep Wrangler JL Are you showing 99 mpg in electric? Wrangler 4xe @ 60mph.JPG

And here is our Pacifica in comparison:
Jeep Wrangler JL Are you showing 99 mpg in electric? Pacifica Hybrid @ 60mph.JPG

Patthe

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler unlimited JL
The 99 MPG is accurate if you are not moving. The 99 is the max level it can show.
Basically if you don't move you are doing 99+ MPG as it will take 99+ Gallon to make 1 mile if you don't move :D

ND_4XE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Willys 4xe
The 99 MPG is accurate if you are not moving. The 99 is the max level it can show.
Basically if you don't move you are doing 99+ MPG as it will take 99+ Gallon to make 1 mile if you don't move :D
Um.......that's not what it does. It shows 0 mpg when stopped and 99 mpg when the vehicle is moving over 1 mph.

And if you used 99 gallons to go 1 mile, you would be getting 1 mile / 99 gallons = 0.01 mpg.