JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

squapat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi A4 and 2018 Audi Q5
Yup - in 1 day AFAIK. They don’t take long to build. Have you seen the Nat Geo video on Jeep builds? Pretty cool.
I've been trying to find that Nat Geo Video but can't find it. I have Disney +, but live in Canada, so I assume it's only viewable from the US?

Advertisement

squapat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi A4 and 2018 Audi Q5
It’s not “just a Jeep”. It’s A JEEP! It’s ok to be excited/upset. My dealer yesterday told me maybe by the end of the month ☹
It will be a 3 months wait for me in a few days and still no VIN, no ideas when it will be built. This will be my first Jeep and I can say that I've never been that excited about a new vehicle before, and I've owned a lot of them in the last 40 years. Just not a fan of the way FCA handles new orders.

syismaster1

First Name
Sy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
She's here! 7 months, 14 days order to dealership.

643808156.jpg
Wow Kudos to you for waiting that long. No way I will wait 7 months...

Cavs42

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
My options were wait 7 months, or not get my Jeep... It sucked, but it was an easy choice.

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link
Order now and get it just in time for a New Year's Resolution! :bandit:

Sponsored

Judy33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 TJ
I have a question - where does the crypto sticker info come from? I just got my build sheet and it says Red Trail Rated Badge but I thought the 4xe’s got Blue Trail Rated Badges??

MassMopar

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JT Mojave, 23 JLR
5/6 Ordered a JLUR 4xE
  • Gecko
  • Cold Weather
  • Tow
  • Proximity Entry
5/13 - Got VIN from dealer
5/27 - Dealer update - Still in D status, no estimated delivery

I imagine all Gecko orders are waiting for the paint shop to crack into the first case of Gecko. Anyone seen any orders with Gecko be built yet?
I bet the 4xE is slowing it down. Have you seen other 4xE moving quick? I ordered a JLURD with half doors and it took 19 days to get past D. Built in a day and now 13 days in JB “accessories” status.
As of 6/2 ... Still in D per the dealer.

Other 4xE Rubicons are being built that were ordered after mine, I'm convinced Gecko is the holdup on our build.

In Jeep's defense... We ordered our '18 JLUR with similar options and it was delivered in 2 weeks, 6 days. We took delivery exactly 3 weeks after we ordered it. I feel like that Jeep was built so fast this one will balance it out with a longer-than-average build time.

Any other Gecko builds get past D yet?

RoadRunner

First Name
Tami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Build Thread
Link
Sport Unlimited Altitude
5/13 placed order
5/20 VON/POC
5/22 VIN
5/24 build sheet
5/26 sticker
5/28 shipped
6/2 delivered

Picking it up tomorrow! 🥰

Hydro blue
3 piece Hard top
2.0 L Automatic
Convenience group
LED lights
side steps
technology group
all weather floor mats

PacNWJLGecko

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
As of 6/2 ... Still in D per the dealer.

Other 4xE Rubicons are being built that were ordered after mine, I'm convinced Gecko is the holdup on our build.

In Jeep's defense... We ordered our '18 JLUR with similar options and it was delivered in 2 weeks, 6 days. We took delivery exactly 3 weeks after we ordered it. I feel like that Jeep was built so fast this one will balance it out with a longer-than-average build time.

I think there is literally the only one Gecko that is out there right now.

MassMopar

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JT Mojave, 23 JLR
I think there is literally the only one Gecko that is out there right now.
Yea I saw the one pic of a Sahara that supposedly originated on facebook. Maybe it was a test run. I'm sure once the production run of Gecko is loaded up in the paint shop the builds will start flowing...

Sponsored

K-nuk

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, CJ7
I've been trying to find that Nat Geo Video but can't find it. I have Disney +, but live in Canada, so I assume it's only viewable from the US?
I don’t see why the CRTC would block it. Here’s the series on Disney+. It is called “Made in a Day” and S1E10 is about Jeeps. Try searching for the title. FYI I could only find it on the Disney app on my Apple TV. I could not find it on the app running on my computer.

32857CCE-1913-4B3E-994C-0BFA807D1EF2.jpeg

Rogue Toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Rubicon
Mine is similar, ordered on 4/16. Barebones, no A/C, manual trans, hardtop.
I wonder if they prioritize higher margin builds first?

I was actually going to make this same observation. It would completely make sense from a business standpoint to prioritize high margin orders with the most equipment, or builds that are very close to "typical" dealer orders with the highest likelihood of parts being readily available.

I'm sure that even if that were the case, though, there are lots of other factors such as individual options which even if not costly are being affected by the worldwide supply issues and thus delaying builds. I doubt an automaker would intentionally delay an actual customer order by a significant amount if they could avoid it. A week or two, sure. A month or two, probably not.

bilottag

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2021 Wrangler High Altitude
I don’t see why the CRTC would block it. Here’s the series on Disney+. It is called “Made in a Day” and S1E10 is about Jeeps. Try searching for the title. FYI I could only find it on the Disney app on my Apple TV. I could not find it on the app running on my computer.

32857CCE-1913-4B3E-994C-0BFA807D1EF2.jpeg
I couldn't find it on Disney+ in Canada, but then I used a VPN with a US IP and the series magically appeared for me.

K-nuk

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, CJ7
I couldn't find it on Disney+ in Canada, but then I used a VPN with a US IP and the series magically appeared for me.
WTF CRTC??? Canadian content rules? Or maybe because it isn’t available with French subtitles? 😂 I can get CFL down here (when they play)….

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU

It probably is the hold up. Billet Silver the color that is being replaced with Gecko. The factory probably has to finish all the Billet Silver orders before they start painting the Gecko orders. With Hydro Blue, it took 2 1/2 months from the time the color showed up in the order guide until the started to paint them.

Advertisement

Advertisement