Sponsored

The dealership ordered the wrong Jeep!!???!

Wonder

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR (aka Juno) - Hydro Blue
TLDR: Jeep dealer ordered the wrong Jeep from the factory for me and is beyond incompetent.

My sister and I ordered two brand new Jeeps last month in person at the dealership. I ordered mine first with the dealer which was a loaded 2021 Rubicon, and she ordered a loaded 2021 High Altitude. Both Jeeps were white but many unique options between the two. My jeep came in 4 weeks on the dot and hers right under 6 weeks. Went to the dealership today to pick them up and there were two exact same white High Altitude editions there….. BEYOND PISSED. Nothing they can do but to order me a brand new Jeep from the factory again. I now have to wait another god knows how many weeks for mine to be done while my sister gets to drive her beautiful new Jeep all around town… if you order a Jeep from a dealer please please please make sure they order the correct one and don’t make a huge F$”$ing mistake like they did with mine which will ruin half of my summer.

Wondering if anyone ever went through this BS before???
At least you didn't order it in February, only to be told in May that production on 2 door models to Australia have been postponed indefinitely, then told you have to wait until at least September before the new upgraded order "might" arrive.
Sponsored

Wonder

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah if this happened to anyone but me I would probably be laughing too, but I got $3,000 worth of mods sitting in my room waiting to be put on and whenever the Jeep finally gets in if I don’t like the mods or something breaks that I bought I can’t even return them because the return timeframe would have passed by then…
I need popcorn for this thread.

Wonder

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hahahahaha I wish I would have…. Because I would
So you want the p
How is this on me?? I sat down with the dealer and spec’d my Jeep out and he printed the sheet with the whole spec list and put the order in and we signed the papers… the Jeep came to the dealership with my name on the factory sticker, but it was a completely wrong model and specs… I didn’t voluntarily wait 2 weeks, I was still at school in another state till the other day when I came to pick up the 2 Jeeps, which the other one came in a day before I got home so we picked them up together as the logical option…. And I’ve graduated from college now, why the hell are we bringing up poor mothers? That has nothing to do with me, I get that I’m “privileged” but I wasn’t just givin $60k to buy a car… I have been investing since I was 14 and made plenty of money to buy me a new car and more, anyone can do what I did… not my fault they don’t.
Don't or can't? Where did the money you invested in the first place come from?

Someone made a mistake.
It is what it is.

Patience is a virtue that few possess.

Meanwhile, I'm waiting until September at the bare minimum before I even receive a delivery date for my Rubi.

OP
OP
Cjanak21

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber Security Consultant
So you want the p

Don't or can't? Where did the money you invested in the first place come from?

Someone made a mistake.
It is what it is.

Patience is a virtue that few possess.

Meanwhile, I'm waiting until September at the bare minimum before I even receive a delivery date for my Rubi.
I started my first paper route when I was 14 making about $50 a week, and then at 15 started my first full-time job as a lifeguard and then so on. 100% of the invested money came from my hard work. The only help I received was getting rides to and from work from my parents because obviously I couldn’t drive myself

Sponsored

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
I started my first paper route when I was 14 making about $50 a week, and then at 15 started my first full-time job as a lifeguard and then so on. 100% of the invested money came from my hard work. The only help I received was getting rides to and from work from my parents because obviously I couldn’t drive myself
Kudos to you for your hard work. When my kids were in high school, I promised them all the $$ they saved during those 4 years, I would add the same amount on graduation day (just to give them a little incentive). They "only" saved about $1000 each which is hard for a teenager to just sit on for 4 years. I surprised them and gave them double back of what they saved and told them I appreciate their efforts.

OP
OP
Cjanak21

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Kudos to you for your hard work. When my kids were in high school, I promised them all the $$ they saved during those 4 years, I would add the same amount on graduation day (just to give them a little incentive). They "only" saved about $1000 each which is hard for a teenager to just sit on for 4 years. I surprised them and gave them double back of what they saved and told them I appreciate their efforts.
Wow… we need more parents like you (if the parents can afford it obviously)

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Wow… we need more parents like you (if the parents can afford it obviously)
Always taught my kids the life lesson of you get rewarded for hard work, not for just sitting on your ass all day expecting mom and dad to support you (outside of the normal parent duties). I never got that from my parents and always said I would be "better" than that.

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
TLDR: Jeep dealer ordered the wrong Jeep from the factory for me and is beyond incompetent.

My sister and I ordered two brand new Jeeps last month in person at the dealership. I ordered mine first with the dealer which was a loaded 2021 Rubicon, and she ordered a loaded 2021 High Altitude. Both Jeeps were white but many unique options between the two. My jeep came in 4 weeks on the dot and hers right under 6 weeks. Went to the dealership today to pick them up and there were two exact same white High Altitude editions there….. BEYOND PISSED. Nothing they can do but to order me a brand new Jeep from the factory again. I now have to wait another god knows how many weeks for mine to be done while my sister gets to drive her beautiful new Jeep all around town… if you order a Jeep from a dealer please please please make sure they order the correct one and don’t make a huge F$”$ing mistake like they did with mine which will ruin half of my summer.

Wondering if anyone ever went through this BS before???
You're counting in terms of weeks. Canadians are counting in terms on months. Yes, plural. If I had to wait just four weeks to get my Wrangler, i'd probably celebrate (I don't even have a VIN yet).

You'll drive that thing for years. My take: just talk slowly to the dealer so he understands what you want and wait for your Jeep to come.

...and consider yourself lucky. :)

Sponsored

Wbino

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
Who gets a Jeep the same color as their sister?
That's weird.
And probably the reason for your mess. 🚙🚙🙂

OP
OP
Cjanak21

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Who gets a Jeep the same color as their sister?
That's weird.
And probably the reason for your mess. 🚙🚙🙂
Because it’s a nice color?? Both Jeeps had separate names on them and they were completely different models, no excuse to confuse them. Also she will be 700 miles away when I move this summer so why in the world would it matter

Wonder

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kudos to you for working for those funds and to your parents for teaching you how to invest, but remember that not everyone has access to those things, so saying that people "don't" is downright insulting to those that can't.

I think the point most people are trying to make here is that whilst you have accomplished a lot, you should be grateful that you have the opportunity to purchase one at all rather than complain about what has happened.

EMpunker

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon V6
Bummer! Same thing happened to my brother when he ordered his Land Rover Defender.

Maybe they sold yours 2 weeks earlier and hoped you wouldn't notice a bait and switch...

OP
OP
Cjanak21

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Bummer! Same thing happened to my brother when he ordered his Land Rover Defender.

Maybe they sold yours 2 weeks earlier and hoped you wouldn't notice a bait and switch...
Lol… I wouldn’t notice the difference between a Rubicon and a High Altitude with a $7k price difference, but ya idk what happened :/
Sponsored