Sponsored

Bruce's 2021 Snazzberry 2 Door Rubicon

DUNE RAP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL 2DR RUBICON
I have the same exact Jeep except with painted fenders and roof and automatic transmission with the V6 E-torque. I did the factory steel bumper with the Warn Evo 8 synthetic rope. I get compliments on the color almost every time I drive it. A few people thought I had the Jeep repainted a custom color. LOLOLOL

OP
OP

BruceA78

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR 6-Speed
I have the same exact Jeep except with painted fenders and roof and automatic transmission with the V6 E-torque. I did the factory steel bumper with the Warn Evo 8 synthetic rope. I get compliments on the color almost every time I drive it. A few people thought I had the Jeep repainted a custom color. LOLOLOL
Nice, I love the color too and like you, I have received many compliments!

OP
OP

BruceA78

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR 6-Speed
Finished up the onboard air by running a like to the front bumper and mounting the air chuck for easy access. My Speedflate four tire inflator comes tomorrow. I got the air hose and all associated connectors at a local Tomkins Industries store (https://www.tompkinsind.com/). The air hose is rated for use up to 500 degrees F.

IMG_0399.jpg

IMG_0398.jpg

IMG_0397.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP

BruceA78

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR 6-Speed
Tried to get my Mountain Off Road Enterprises (M.O.R.E.) oil pan skid plate installed but ran into an issue installing one of the vertical support bars. The motor mount nuts are welded to the motor mount and the length of the of the bolts are not long enough to where the new nuts for the vertical support bar on the drivers side could get started. Luckily for me MORE has awesome customer support and I was actually able to call them up while I was under the Jeep and then send them pictures of the issue and they are sending out longer bolts that will fit. The 2021 2 door they mocked up their install with had longer bolts from the factory so not sure what is different with mine - maybe the manual transmission?

IMG_0392.jpg

IMG_0391.jpg

jadewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport (sold), 2021 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I've had the Midland GMRS unit installed for a few weeks using Cooltech's antenna and mic mounting kit. The Mic mount could be a LOT better because it partially blocks the air vent it's by and also the mic that comes with the Midland MXT275 would hit the channel selector dial on the radio every time I would put the mic back. My buddy fabricated a wooden piece to go between the mic mounting bracket and the mic holder. It could have been fabricated to fit a lot better.
https://www.cooltechllc.com/2018-je...rs_bundle_options-front_mount_antenna_bracket

AntennaWire2.jpg

AntennaWire.jpg

Mic_mount2.jpg

Mic_mount.jpg

image.jpg
I've been running into the same problem with the tuner dial and the mic. This is a real slick fix you've got! I may have to try working up something similar on mine (unless your buddy wants to sell more of those wood ones to the public ;) )

Btw, where did you end up mounting the head unit? I was going to go in the footwell, but it interfered with rolling the seat forward.

OP
OP

BruceA78

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR 6-Speed
I've been running into the same problem with the tuner dial and the mic. This is a real slick fix you've got! I may have to try working up something similar on mine (unless your buddy wants to sell more of those wood ones to the public ;) )

Btw, where did you end up mounting the head unit? I was going to go in the footwell, but it interfered with rolling the seat forward.
Right now it is sitting in the glove box until I can get around to mounting it behind the glove box similar to how @Larrymuld https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...nstall-location-questions.70840/#post-1483320 has his mounted.

OP
OP

BruceA78

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR 6-Speed
Received my @Speedflate 4 tire inflation system in the post today so I decided to try it out. I also previously purchased the Staun Automatic Tire Deflators that I used to deflate the tires today but didn't time them. They come preset to 18psi but after airing down all 4 tires the onboard computer read 17psi for 3 tires and 16 psi for the right rear passenger.

One thing I noticed about the SpeedFlate digital pressure gauge is that when actively filling my tires it says I have about 4-5 psi less that I actually do. For example as soon as I hooked it up it read 17psi then I started the compressor and turned the valve to the digital pressure gauge on and it immediately popped up to 22psi. Once I got to 37psi I turned the valve to off and then it gave me an accurate reading of 32psi. I then turned the valve back on and let it go up to 42psi and shut the valve off and turned off the compressor and everything read 37/38psi.

I timed the inflation and from 17psi to 38psi on my stock Rubicon 33" BFG's it took 4 minutes and 11 seconds but I did have to flip the valve to off and back on twice to verify my readings so maybe subtract a few seconds for that. Also after filling the tires the back rear passenger tire was reading 1 psi (37 vs 38) lower than the other 3 tires, so maybe that sensor isn't quite calibrated the same as the others.

AirPressure7.jpg

AirPressure6.jpg

AirPressure5.jpg

AirPressure4.png

AirPressure3.jpg

AirPressure2.jpg

jadewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport (sold), 2021 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link

Sponsored

OP
OP

BruceA78

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR 6-Speed
Yup, glovebox is where I stashed mine for the moment as well. Thank you for that link! I think that may be what I go with, too.

Your rig is looking great! Love that snazzberry color!
Thanks! There are so many colors now it's hard to go wrong with any of them, but I fell in love with the Snazzberry when I first saw it and knew I had to have it! :)

Upsidwn

First Name
Mat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Tried to get my Mountain Off Road Enterprises (M.O.R.E.) oil pan skid plate installed but ran into an issue installing one of the vertical support bars. The motor mount nuts are welded to the motor mount and the length of the of the bolts are not long enough to where the new nuts for the vertical support bar on the drivers side could get started. Luckily for me MORE has awesome customer support and I was actually able to call them up while I was under the Jeep and then send them pictures of the issue and they are sending out longer bolts that will fit. The 2021 2 door they mocked up their install with had longer bolts from the factory so not sure what is different with mine - maybe the manual transmission?

Jeep Wrangler JL Bruce's 2021 Snazzberry 2 Door Rubicon AirPressure2

Did you end up getting this on okay then?

I have a 2021 JLUR 3.6/8sp and am running into issues with another manufacturers engine skid plate myself. Those bolts not being long enough is one of them, but after much back and forth and a few months gone by now, I'm just needing a skid under my engine before I do some damage and am looking at other options. Was hoping you got this all mounted up and maybe had some pictures or input as to how it went? Thanks

OP
OP

BruceA78

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR 6-Speed
Did you end up getting this on okay then?

I have a 2021 JLUR 3.6/8sp and am running into issues with another manufacturers engine skid plate myself. Those bolts not being long enough is one of them, but after much back and forth and a few months gone by now, I'm just needing a skid under my engine before I do some damage and am looking at other options. Was hoping you got this all mounted up and maybe had some pictures or input as to how it went? Thanks
The bolts haven't arrived yet but are supposed to be delivered tomorrow. I'll have to let you know once I get them on.

JasonS

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Did you get the Varozza ARB mount sorted out? Would you say that the biggest issue was caused by
Today also mounted the ARB Twin Compressor using the Varozza 4x4 Mount which requires relocating the windows shield wiper fluid reservoir. Had a problem removing one of the 2 wire mounts for the PCM that need relocated and then ran into 2 issues with the reservoir. 1) Was that I have the front mounted off road camera which has a connection to the windshield wiper fluid reservoir so the camera can be cleaned off. 2) I don't know if something changed with the 2021 JL's engine compartment but the revivor mount would NOT fit properly and had to be bent and raised a bit to get it to fit. I'm going to be emailing this pics to Ben Varozza to see what he has to say because it looks a little janky mounted the way it is right now.

https://varozza-4x4-outfitters.myshopify.com/products/jeep-jl-jt-arb-twin-compressor-mount

Did you ever get this sorted out? Was the primary problem the trail camera hardware? I don't have that on my Jeep and am looking at this mount for the compressor.

OP
OP

BruceA78

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR 6-Speed
Did you get the Varozza ARB mount sorted out? Would you say that the biggest issue was caused by

Did you ever get this sorted out? Was the primary problem the trail camera hardware? I don't have that on my Jeep and am looking at this mount for the compressor.
Hey Jason - No I never got it completely figured out. It is installed and working okay after bending the mounts for the wash fluid reservoir but cannot say I am a huge fan of it. One thing also that their description doesn't mention is you have to remove the ECM (or PCM I forget) and mount it below the ARB compressor on their custom bracket. So this kit requires a lot of changes compared to some of the other kits.
Sponsored