Sponsored

How much below invoice on a JLU Rubicon is a great deal?

Luxy60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Willys 4xe, '17 Subaru Crosstrek
I've been searching for a JLU for while and a sales person at a large volume dealership near me said that typically they sell 300 new FCA vehicles a month but they're only expecting to receive 140 over the next 90 days. I expect a very small % of that 140 will be Wranglers. Prices are reflecting that reality.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeepster21

Jeepster21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Did hear today that inventory for the auto industry in general is at its lowest level in history.

JLU was already selling with no incentives, now with record low inventory, look for any discounts to continue to minimize.

I've been searching for a JLU for while and a sales person at a large volume dealership near me said that typically they sell 300 new FCA vehicles a month but they're only expecting to receive 140 over the next 90 days. I expect a very small % of that 140 will be Wranglers. Prices are reflecting that reality.

wranglerguyman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
So Tri-City is still doing their 7% under invoice, and I just got an email from Criswell, they've upped the discount from 3% to 5% under invoice until June 18.

kglassic

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.criswellchryslerjeepdodge.com
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Occupation
Jeep Sales Manager
Criswell Jeep 10 day special offer:

Factory orders 5% below invoice now through Friday, June 18, 2021 @ 6:00 pm EST.

2021 Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited factory orders – 5% below factory invoice (2% Jeep Forum member + 1% AR + 2% conventional financing/leasing).

Our forum pricing does not include your state and local tax, tag/title fees and dealer processing of $500.

No additional fees, equipment or accessories added to your price. Wheel locks are included at no charge (can’t change company policy but we can give them away!)

All trade-in appraisal values are guaranteed until time of delivery of your new Jeep.

Please contact us at [email protected].

OP
OP
Jeepster21

Jeepster21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Again don't get hung up so much on percent below invoice look at the bottom dollar.

You might get a better deal elsewhere as some dealerships will have no processing fee or willing to waive it. Also to take into consideration state tax and other associated fees.

So Tri-City is still doing their 7% under invoice, and I just got an email from Criswell, they've upped the discount from 3% to 5% under invoice until June 18.

Sponsored

wranglerguyman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Again don't get hung up so much on percent below invoice look at the bottom dollar.

You might get a better deal elsewhere as some dealerships will have no processing fee or willing to waive it. Also to take into consideration state tax and other associated fees.
The only thing to consider is the processing fee. State tax is the same regardless of where you purchase your vehicle. Any other fee should be according to your states Dmv fees.

knowing that my state or any neighboring state won’t even get to invoice pricing, I’m game with a $500+ processing fee.

OP
OP
Jeepster21

Jeepster21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Hope that works out for you

Personally I could never go that route and ended up getter a better deal working it directly.

The only thing to consider is the processing fee. State tax is the same regardless of where you purchase your vehicle. Any other fee should be according to your states Dmv fees.

knowing that my state or any neighboring state won’t even get to invoice pricing, I’m game with a $500+ processing fee.

wranglerguyman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Hope that works out for you

Personally I could never go that route and ended up getter a better deal working it directly.
If you could save ~$5-6000, I am pretty sure you would go that route. Especially when your local dealers like to stick to MSRP.

Luxy60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey guys, just picked up my Jeep yesterday from Bud Clary in Auburn. Apparently this type of pricing is going away. They fired the salesman who was giving guys 6-8% off invoice for "selling Jeeps too cheap". I was signing paperwork and the guy helping me just nonchalantly shared that little tid bit with me. If you can get that type of pricing at your local dealer do it quickly as the tide is turning.
This doesn't sound right? No deal goes through without a sales managers approval and sometimes, depending on the deal, the GM. Still a really good deal regardless!

Sponsored

Luxy60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd prefer to keep my business local but these dealers are giving me no choice! :)

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
I just sold my 2014 Sahara and looking at buying or ordering a 2021 Sahara altittude. I am in Mississippi. Out of the 3 dealers I have talked with, one was invoice plus $300 and 2 are sticker minus $500. Any idea of a delaership I could go to to get under invoice pricing? Do not mind traveling within reason. One dealership got the exact jeep I want (White Sahara altitude with Sky one-touch) with all the options I want in last Friday so they have not paid any interest with it sitting on the lot but they marked it up $595 over sticker price for dealer prep and only want to give $500 off that price. Any help would be appreciated!
Are you willing to drive to Nashville? I purchased mine in April from Gupton Motors for 8% under invoice and I'm hearing they are still doing those discounts as of this week.

JeepRx

First Name
Taz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sahara
Are you willing to drive to Nashville? I purchased mine in April from Gupton Motors for 8% under invoice and I'm hearing they are still doing those discounts as of this week.
I ordered from Gupton on Monday. I can fly up for about $100 and drive it back. Gupton has a great deal! Hopefully they will still be offering the 0% for 36 months and I will do that and get 7% off.

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
I ordered from Gupton on Monday. I can fly up for about $100 and drive it back. Gupton has a great deal! Hopefully they will still be offering the 0% for 36 months and I will do that and get 7% off.
They must have updated their policy about the 0%. I was still able to get the full 8% and I received the 0% for 36 mths financing on the balance. Either way, I felt lucky to get the deal I received from them. Good luck!

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)

Exactly, a $500 doc fee is probably about 1% on average for a well equipped Rubicon. Sales tax is based on where you register the vehicle. Every State has different fees for plates and title.
Sponsored