What happened with ROAM offroad?

OP
OP

Dleague

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
My guess is that it is a largely defunct business. They were a startup company and things went south. I believe Anthony is probably selling off remaining inventory. But make no mistake, there is no warranty on anything you buy. He will ghost you if you have an issue.
Sponsored

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Tagging @rustyshakelford as he had a post a while ago I can't find now.

My guess would be they're a small shop and got overwhelmed with the response for the JL stuff. Pandemic probably making it hard for them to keep up as well.

I try to give them the benefit of the doubt but it's going on 2, maybe 3 years? If you're having issues, you should probably say something.

Buckster

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 billet silver JLUR '16 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase
I emailed them early May asking about the rock rails and Anthony replied pretty quick saying they did not have an ETA on any more stock, but he could put me on the notification list for when they do.
Looking for some alternative options for rails/steps, but I just don't see a lot that floats my boat. I liked the Roam design.

SlowPoke21

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I emailed them early May asking about the rock rails and Anthony replied pretty quick saying they did not have an ETA on any more stock, but he could put me on the notification list for when they do.
Looking for some alternative options for rails/steps, but I just don't see a lot that floats my boat. I liked the Roam design.
LOD. No question. Very similar design. And a great company from what I have heard on these forums.

Themistocles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Ram 2500 Cummins / 20 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
LOD. No question. Very similar design. And a great company from what I have heard on these forums.
Concur, I have the Roam rock rails. I can barely tell the difference between Roam and LOD. If you want the look of the Roam rails but can't find them...get the LOD.

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Roam has a rash of bad powder coat a couple years ago, they treated their customers extremely poor. Word got out and I’m sure it hurt them pretty badly. They will definitely never get any of my money. I can attest to the great product and customer service from LOD. If you’re having that much trouble communicating with a company why would you even consider doing business with them?

Yogi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
GM, P.Log, CITT, 310T
If you’re having that much trouble communicating with a company why would you even consider doing business with them?
Absolutely ... and if you ever had a warranty issue the odds of getting it resolved would be slim to none.

Jhendo

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Rubicon Firecracker Red
Occupation
Product/Digital Design Sales
I've had my Roam steps for almost 2 years and the finish is bubbling up in many places. I reached out to Anthony after year 1 and he said it was from road salt...I wash the Jeep regularly in the winter but it doesnt help. At the end you get what you pay for. The Roam steps were about half the cost as LOD. Live and learn.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I have actually heard back from Anthony pretty consistently in the last month or so. they are out of stock right now, but will be getting more. the last batch sold out right away. I cant vouch for others experience, and even mine has varied over the years. but I will say Anthony is still keeping in touch and responding to me (last time over the weekend) so if you really like the product it may be worth waiting. I also 2nd LOD. my only issue is that they use less mounts, and it is all one piece. the multiple piece design of the Roams and the beefy brackets worked well for me and they also do a better job of keeping rock chips on the doors and fenders down.

with that said, I may be using LOD on my new build when it comes in if Roam is not in stock. I need a heavy duty slider with a step as I beat up my Jeeps off-road quite a bit and with my artificial knee that still has issues I need the step. (plus to help my daughter in). I have run the Roam frame mounted sliders / steps on 2 of my 3 JLURs so far and they held up great. however for number 4 I may have to switch. I hope they get things turned around, but thats out of all of our control. If I needed a set today, it would be LOD for sure.

Last edited:

Sponsored

MDG

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKUR
Roam has a rash of bad powder coat a couple years ago, they treated their customers extremely poor. Word got out and I’m sure it hurt them pretty badly. They will definitely never get any of my money. I can attest to the great product and customer service from LOD. If you’re having that much trouble communicating with a company why would you even consider doing business with them?
My experience with ROAM has been the worst with any vender by far!

i bought a set of slider steps from them shortly after buying my JLUR. Took 6 weeks for them to be delivered from TX to CT and when they arrived the box was almost non existent. So badly damaged I have no idea how all the small parts were still there. After 6 month of these being on my Jeep the rust appeared. I tried all means of contacting Anthony and he never replied. It was only after I posed my experience in an earlier thread that he reached out to me. When I relied to his email I never heard from him again. I ended up having to pay out of pocket to have them blasted and recoated. They have now been perfect for two years.

In my opinion it is no loss that this company no longer exists. A product their own doing.

If I were you I would buy from someone else.

OP
OP

Dleague

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

i bought a set of slider steps from them shortly after buying my JLUR. Took 6 weeks for them to be delivered from TX to CT and when they arrived the box was almost non existent. So badly damaged I have no idea how all the small parts were still there. After 6 month of these being on my Jeep the rust appeared. I tried all means of contacting Anthony and he never replied. It was only after I posed my experience in an earlier thread that he reached out to me. When I relied to his email I never heard from him again. I ended up having to pay out of pocket to have them blasted and recoated. They have now been perfect for two years.

In my opinion it is no loss that this company no longer exists. A product their own doing.

Very similar here. My powder coating didn’t protect them and they started to rust. Will likely have to pay to blast and powdercoat all over again.

Jhendo

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Rubicon Firecracker Red
Occupation
Product/Digital Design Sales

Where did you get them recoated? I need to get some estimates and I'm not too far from you in northern Westchester.

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
That makes sense. However, none of that pops up on google.

I have a theory of what is going on, but it’s just that. A theory.

How is it that you have this great business with no presence on google? No address. No corporate/business office number? Just a word press website, a single email and a single personal phone number

it doesn’t add up

My theory is this place is actually an alien autopsy center. They recently moved to an unknown location due to the government being forced to divulge all of the info they have on UFOs. đź‘˝

Jeep Wrangler JL What happened with ROAM offroad? 41BEC438-B275-45E2-BB59-9DF0B530F70A

I also have a set of their latest rock slider steps. Very good quality and installation does not require the removal of the body bolts.

MDG

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKUR
Very similar here. My powder coating didn’t protect them and they started to rust. Will likely have to pay to blast and powdercoat all over again.

I did it with a batch of parts my brother needed done for one of his projects. It was done by:

B&C Powder Coat in Meriden CT. Talk to Craig 1 203 988 7082
Sponsored