PDelena

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Vehicle Showcase
My understanding is that the “ship date” on the POC is the date Jeep scheduled to finish build status G. From there it may be inspected, or further inspected, then to JB status for their ancillary vendors to complete any items that do not fall within build status E, F or G. Then it goes to KZ, maybe, or to be inspected, or some form of storage for some arcane reason.

I fully believe that your delivery date is directly proportional to the (# of queries to Jeep Chat x the inverse of your level of courtesy to the JC attendant / 1 - your level of patience). Now, where the hell is my Jeep???
Thanks for the explanation. I wish Jeep would use terms that were easier for us lay folk to understand. "Ship Date" to me means it's shipping not "it might be halfway done being built or completely done and shipped or maybe we haven't started it yet, who knows?".

Advertisement

Judy33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 TJ
My ship date was 5/28 and then last week they told me delivery this Sat 6/3 and now its Delivery 6/12.... just got told a few min ago..... I wanna cry and then I feel like shit that I'm so upset, like its just a jeep why am I so disappointed. geesh I hate this pushing out stuff.
It’s not “just a Jeep”. It’s A JEEP! It’s ok to be excited/upset. My dealer yesterday told me maybe by the end of the month ☹

desmo2

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 TJ '97-'11. '21 billet silver JLR
My dealer told me to expect 6-8 weeks for my JLR 3.6 manual.

11 weeks later, and I am still in inspection after a month + in that status.

My order has been "prioritized", whatever that means. I think it means, 'customer pacification protocols are now initiated.'

taxjoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-door Wrangler Rubicon (ordered 4/3/21)
Do you mind sharing your order vin / nickname? I’m asking because I’d like to know what you ordered as accessories. Hoping something different than mine! 😂 my vin nickname is VinDiesel.
K-nuk, attached is my window sticker. I ordered several options but I am absolutely convinced it was the half doors that caused much of the delay. But, what do I know, just guessing.

Attachments

Purple Turtle

First Name
Sabrina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Purple TJ, 2021 HellaYella JLUR
It’s not “just a Jeep”. It’s A JEEP! It’s ok to be excited/upset. My dealer yesterday told me maybe by the end of the month ☹
Thanks :) You are right is is A JEEP!!!! At least we will eventually get it... we could be like the people who ordered broncos.... poor people :(

Sponsored

Purple Turtle

First Name
Sabrina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Purple TJ, 2021 HellaYella JLUR
Question as I haven't seen much update on the 24 hr changes and they all state 6/1... did Jeep workers go on Strike? I read a quick article from 5/14 that they were "thinking of taking a vote" on striking.... couldn't find anything else. I do notice the # of vehicles that are on the list for changing in the last 24 hrs is much smaller than normal AND they all have 6/1 dates.... none for 6/2 updates...

NoVABr0ker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S 75D; Mercedes GLS450
Maybe just a delay due to Memorial Day weekend?
FWIW I ordered 5/18 and was told by my dealer that I am in D1 with an estimated ship date of 6/20.

Slickrockguy

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I sit here daily reading posts on this thread, some ppl waiting forever, some getting a quick build and delivery. All I can say is congrats to those who are getting their Jeeps in a reasonable time frame. For those experiencing long waits I don't know how your not going nuts.
I'm on day 20 since ordering and day 17 since receiving a VIN and entering "D" or the "waiting for parts to schedule build" phase and I'm already getting impatient and annoyed. Doesn't help my dealer told me a 4-5 week build time and Jeep chat is saying average is 7-9 weeks.
Good luck to all of you, may your build go smooth and your wait be short.
I ordered the same day as you (5/12) and ordered a very similar Jeep. Snazzy 392, one touch, dual doors. I have a VIN, but have not entered D1 yet either. I am interested to see if there is a time difference between our two builds.

ShaunBJeeps

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee X4, 2017 GMC Sierra
I ordered the same day as you (5/12) and ordered a very similar Jeep. Snazzy 392, one touch, dual doors. I have a VIN, but have not entered D1 yet either. I am interested to see if there is a time difference between our two builds.
I’m convinced it’s all random. A friend and I each ordered a Jeep on the same day from the same dealer with almost the same options. I got my build sheet Monday. He is still in “waiting to build” stage. There is no reason for us to have such a different wait time other than randomness & luck!

Bku9929

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Defender 110
I placed my order on a 4xe Rubicon on 5/20. Yesterday I was in Frame and as of today I’m in trim. I’m guessing I could still get stuck on inspection for a while. The original expected ship date on my POC was 6/5.

Sponsored

Slickrockguy

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I’m convinced it’s all random. A friend and I each ordered a Jeep on the same day from the same dealer with almost the same options. I got my build sheet Monday. He is still in “waiting to build” stage. There is no reason for us to have such a different wait time other than randomness & luck!
That is my suspicion as well. I'm not expecting to see it until mid July. The 392's just don't seem to be getting through production very fast. I'll count myself lucky if I see it before then.

SnazzySkyTop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JWS One Touch Sky Top
I ordered on 4/29.
VIN 5/20
Build 5/25
Sticker 5/26 and that's when the dealer told me their info said it was shipped.
6/1 Dealer said on train with delivery estimated in Birmingham on 6/4. Then onto the truck and off to the dealership.

My original ship date in the VIN email was 6/17.

Unlimited Sahara
Snazzberry
One Touch Sky top
Added every option but the smoker's package

gringo72

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
I placed the order 5/19
Received VIN 5/25 (got it from FCAchat)
2 door
Dual door
Sarge green
The dealership is completely useless. I contacted them a couple of times for updates and every time they said they will get back to me. Never happened.
Today I got this message from FCAchat

Sarah
Thank you so much for holding. I am showing that your vehicle is currently in the paint stage of the build process. Currently no Dealer ETA has been provided.

Does it mean the car was built? It is getting closer to be shipped?
Fingers crossed!!!

Chazdog

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Honda Pilot for now
I have thought the same thing with mine being less than a $30k Jeep
Mine is a 2 door S manual soft top so not even close to the aveage sticker price going out the door. It was delivered in 5 weeks from the date of order. I suppose any given option, however small, can hold up production if the part is not on hand at plant.

amprice4

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 4XE
I placed the order 5/19
Received VIN 5/25 (got it from FCAchat)
2 door
Dual door
Sarge green
The dealership is completely useless. I contacted them a couple of times for updates and every time they said they will get back to me. Never happened.
Today I got this message from FCAchat

Sarah
Thank you so much for holding. I am showing that your vehicle is currently in the paint stage of the build process. Currently no Dealer ETA has been provided.

Does it mean the car was built? It is getting closer to be shipped?
Fingers crossed!!!
I’m afraid you will have to serve time in JB with those dual doors.
G-trim will be next then JB

Advertisement

Advertisement