Sponsored

MagnaFlow JL Jeep Wrangler Street Series Axle-Back Performance Exhaust System

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Still loving mine after about 3 years. The stainless still looks great and I've beaten the living hell out of the tips off roading and they have held up surprisingly well. The outside of them have some nice dents but the insides are perfectly round as they should be. You can't see the dents at all unless you get up very close to it, so it still looks fantastic.

I have the polished stainless version.

I use this to polish the tips and muffler about 4x a year or so. Great product!
1620488621862.png
I've used that for a long time too, works great!
Sponsored

SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 3.6 8-speed Auto
I am not a fan of the twin outlets, it doubles the risk of the exhaust tip being squashed flat when rock crawling.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I am not a fan of the twin outlets, it doubles the risk of the exhaust tip being squashed flat when rock crawling.
I've hit mine with great force and they didn't smash, even a little. The stock pipe would have collapsed.

Rock Hopper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB, 2019 Cherokee, 2015 GrCherokee, 2006 TJ
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
Those tips are much higher than the stock exhaust outlet and the rest of the undercarriage. While I do think you could hit them on a steep departure angle, or dropping off of a rock, they are pretty solid and would be hard to crush without damaging the entire muffler. For that matter almost all exhaust component are vulnerable. You just have to take that into account.

For me it's one of the best sounding and sharp looking exhausts on the market. Definitely an improvement over stock.

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 03 Silverado, 88 Porsche 928 S4
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
finally got mine on today. not 100% happy with it. it sits a little cockeyed, like the hanger welds are off, the left tip sticks out further than the right. and the pipe coupling was so tight i literally had to kick it to get it all the way on. the tips are riding on the plastic bumper. no amount of adjusting would fix it. so there's a little drone at cold idle. does have a nice tone though. hope the tips don't ride on the steel bumper when i put it on.

anyone else have a bunch of sand come out of theirs when unboxing it? not sure why they have to ship it in such a huge box.

Sponsored

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
finally got mine on today. not 100% happy with it. it sits a little cockeyed, like the hanger welds are off, the left tip sticks out further than the right. and the pipe coupling was so tight i literally had to kick it to get it all the way on. the tips are riding on the plastic bumper. no amount of adjusting would fix it. so there's a little drone at cold idle. does have a nice tone though. hope the tips don't ride on the steel bumper when i put it on.

anyone else have a bunch of sand come out of theirs when unboxing it? not sure why they have to ship it in such a huge box.
Try pulling it back some from the inlet pipe and that should tilt it down a little on the tip end.

Sand came out of my MF and all of the Borla's I have had too. Must be used in the manufacturing process.

Rock Hopper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB, 2019 Cherokee, 2015 GrCherokee, 2006 TJ
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase

Two possibilities; Either you got a bad unit, or you didn’t install it correctly. It should easily slip on (no kicking necessary), so I would start there. Maybe remove it and reinstall it. If it were me I would lightly coat all connections from the inlet pipe to the hangars themselves with a light oil which will eventually burn off. The connector should slip on easily, if not you could have something blocking it or as previously mentioned a bad unit. Also I would install everything lose, then align it to you liking. Some have put shims between the bumper and muffler tips before tightening everything down. Once tightened, the shims can be removed and the muffler should stay in place. As Carbon Steel suggested, pulling it out just a little will give you more adjustment.
For what it is worth, mine slid right on after first spraying the connections with WD-40, I was able to position it, then tighten and it fits very well,. No leaks, secure fit, perfect alignment, and no drone.

Hope this helps, and if you aren’t happy send it back and request a replacement.

P.S. the sand is normal, part of the manufacturing process. My Ford racing exhaust and the Jeep Magnaflow were similar.

pangmaster

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Occupation
Enterprise architect
Vehicle Showcase
I just pulled the trigger on this exhaust for my 2-door. Thanks @CarbonSteel for the heads up on hottexhaust.com and the 20% off right now!

I first went with the AWE trail edition catback, which I do like since it's tucked up high and sounds pretty good. But in the end it's just a bit too loud for my taste. But I had to try it.

garyji

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Sahara, 2021 JLU Willys
Mine's been on a few months now and I love it. Mine's close to the bumper but not touching.

G.

Thx1158

First Name
RWW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 2020 Land Rover Discovery
Occupation
Retired USMC
I just pulled the trigger on this exhaust for my 2-door. Thanks @CarbonSteel for the heads up on hottexhaust.com and the 20% off right now!

I first went with the AWE trail edition catback, which I do like since it's tucked up high and sounds pretty good. But in the end it's just a bit too loud for my taste. But I had to try it.
I went with AWE and regret it. Not worth the cost or the wait. Next exhaust for me will be MF.

Sponsored

pangmaster

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Occupation
Enterprise architect
Vehicle Showcase
I went with AWE and regret it. Not worth the cost or the wait. Next exhaust for me will be MF.
What did you not like about it? Sound or other? Just curious...

Thx1158

First Name
RWW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired USMC
What did you not like about it? Sound or other? Just curious...
Well I jumped on it early....waited for a couple of months. I have the tread edition. Don’t buy the hype as I did. Not a deep sounding exhaust as I expected. More “tinny” to my ear. Aside from the price and waiting....the sound left me underwhelmed. The Banks I had on my JK sounded much much better. I will run it for a while then get something that works better for me. Very disappointed in the sound, however the construction seems top notch.

pangmaster

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Occupation
Enterprise architect
Vehicle Showcase
Well I jumped on it early....waited for a couple of months. I have the tread edition. Don’t buy the hype as I did. Not a deep sounding exhaust as I expected. More “tinny” to my ear. Aside from the price and waiting....the sound left me underwhelmed. The Banks I had on my JK sounded much much better. I will run it for a while then get something that works better for me. Very disappointed in the sound, however the construction seems top notch.
Yes, I can agree on the tone being somewhat "tinny" at certain rpms. I am hoping the MF will sound better overall. I listened to a lot of sound clips of AWE, Borla, MF, etc. and it's still hard to know until you hear it in person. The deciding factor for me is when cruising at highway rpms the AWE trail edition is too loud for what I want. It did get better after being broken in, but not enough.

Thx1158

First Name
RWW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired USMC
Yes, I can agree on the tone being somewhat "tinny" at certain rpms. I am hoping the MF will sound better overall. I listened to a lot of sound clips of AWE, Borla, MF, etc. and it's still hard to know until you hear it in person. The deciding factor for me is when cruising at highway rpms the AWE trail edition is too loud for what I want. It did get better after being broken in, but not enough.
When I pulled the stock exhaust, I took Dynomat and lined the underside of the Jeep. that cut the drone to almost zero...very slight.... Had I not done that...I'm sure it would drone. The tread edition isnt loud as much as it sounds like some kids Honda.
Sponsored