Right Hand Drive JL / JLU Mods

SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 3.6 8-speed Auto
Surely I am not the only RHD owner on this forum.

This thread is for all RHD owners to discuss, showcase and share their JL / JLU mods.
Sponsored

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
We have a few in America. Mostly sold to mail delivery drivers. I only seen one modified. Wished they sold them in two doors, I would have bought one just to be different.

Plasmadaddy

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Overland. 2019 Harley Davidson CVO Road Glide.
Not sure the mods us RH Drivers do are all that different to the LHDs (apart from us having to pay three times as much!!)

OP
OP
SilverSurfer

SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure the mods us RH Drivers do are all that different to the LHDs (apart from us having to pay three times as much!!)
Suspension parts, lift kits, steering damper relocation, non invasive snorkel, axles, fenders, etc. There are loads of mods that does not fit the RHD JLs.

Sponsored

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
We have a few in America. Mostly sold to mail delivery drivers. I only seen one modified. Wished they sold them in two doors, I would have bought one just to be different.
Oh God not me. In 2009 I went to London with my cousin and my nephew. I rented a car. I remember them two saying “oh wow check that out” and me not even turning my head to look because it took all of my concentration to drive that thing and stay on the left side of the road. Then they’d laugh as I went to enter the car I kept opening the left door and didn’t realize I screwed up until I saw there was no steering wheel.
In all honesty I’m sure you’d get used to it.

Steve F

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JKU
Suspension parts, lift kits, steering damper relocation, non invasive snorkel, axles, fenders, etc. There are loads of mods that does not fit the RHD JLs.
I have the teraflex levelling kit, 2" in the front 1.5" in the rear, a locally made adjustable panhard (Toughdog) for the front and another locally made adjustable panhard (Whiteline) for the rear. The Rugged Ridge snorkel fits with a tweak with the heat gun to get over a ridge in front of the A Pillar. Got no need to change axles and fenders on mine with 305/70R17

Jeep Wrangler JL Right Hand Drive JL / JLU Mods 20210427_172401 (2)

OP
OP
SilverSurfer

SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I also have a Traflex leveling kit in my 2-door JLR.

A Tazer Mini JL
33" tires
Rockblox mud flaps in the front

That is about it.

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Oh God not me. In 2009 I went to London with my cousin and my nephew. I rented a car. I remember them two saying “oh wow check that out” and me not even turning my head to look because it took all of my concentration to drive that thing and stay on the left side of the road. Then they’d laugh as I went to enter the car I kept opening the left door and didn’t realize I screwed up until I saw there was no steering wheel.
In all honesty I’m sure you’d get used to it.
That is exactly how I feel when I drive in the U.S.

When my cousins come to Jamaica, they always head towards the driver's side of the vehicle. Then they do a double take. It is hilarious to watch.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
That is exactly how I feel when I drive in the U.S.

When my cousins come to Jamaica, they always head towards the driver's side of the vehicle. Then they do a double take. It is hilarious to watch.
I wasn’t crazy about all the roundabouts too but it was a beautiful city and the people were nice. I had a good time.
Sponsored