Sponsored

Just got home from Bronco event...

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
But those interior materials, holy moly they are garbage. I don’t expect them to be better than a Ford F150 King Ranch (or even a lariat) but it’s cheaper than the XLs interior. The benchmark is, of course, the Wrangler and it’s not even close.
I was truly stunned.

At first I couldn’t recall the last time I saw such cheap plastics but then I did - not a Kia or Hyundai but a Ford Mustang.

Note the interior of the Bronco Sport feels like the inside of a luxury car by comparison, the materials are reasonable for a modern car, but the Bronco’s? Horrible. I wish I wasn’t exaggerating at just how bad they are.

In all seriousness, if I had a pending order, I’d cancel it, it’s that bad, you could grab the dash and make it creak up and down.
Sponsored

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
THe mindset of jeep losing the leadership is kind of funny. THere is no other vehicle that will out do a jeep in off roading. Bronco isnt even out yet but likely it will be as close to lame as it's other so called competition.
Leadership isn’t all about off-road.

Imagine how “ordinary” people will be swayed if Broncos manage to be just slightly more reliable than Wranglers?

No issues with start/stop or a second battery in the wheel well.

Rear window defroster wires that stay attached.

Perhaps no steering issues.

There are a variety of points of comparison here - we know most Wranglers don’t see more off-roading than a gravel parking lot.

If Jeep sold only to off-roaders they likely couldn’t keep Wrangler production going.

OP
OP
sk00pie

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
I was truly stunned.

At first I couldn’t recall the last time I saw such cheap plastics but then I did - not a Kia or Hyundai but a Ford Mustang.

Note the interior of the Bronco Sport feels like the inside of a luxury car by comparison, the materials are reasonable for a modern car, but the Bronco’s? Horrible. I wish I wasn’t exaggerating at just how bad they are.

In all seriousness, if I had a pending order, I’d cancel it, it’s that bad, you could grab the dash and make it creak up and down.
Yup same thoughts. The materials even compared to our JL wranglers were very noticeably lower quality. Was not expecting that.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I was truly stunned.

Yup. That’s what I’ve noticed on the videos when they closed up onto the details. But Ford won't allow anyone to say anything negative under threat of being blacklisted.

It follows a well established pattern, though: Ford’s choice of materials have felt and looked cheap for a number of years now.

It would be quite ironic if Jeep Wrangler ends up becoming the obvious choice for those who seek better craftsmanship... 😫

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Yup. That’s what I’ve noticed on the videos when they closed up onto the details. But Ford won't allow anyone to say anything negative under threat of being blacklisted.
Can't stop it now that the Broncos are on a public tour. :rock:

It would be quite ironic if Jeep Wrangler ends up becoming the obvious choice for those who seek better craftsmanship... 😫
It would be a most interesting conundrum if Wranglers turn out to have better interiors but Broncos have more robust mechanicals…

Sponsored

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
Just got home from the Denver Bronco event. It’s my first time seeing and sitting in the Bronco. My wife’s comment was that she’s very happy we went ahead and bought a Rubicon. There are certainly things to like. The cargo area looks a bit larger. The lack of a sport bar is a big plus IMO. The seats are very comfortable as well.
I look forward to seeing one in person and get an idea of what it is like without the sports bar, though i do like the look of it in the JLs. We put those roof hammocks on either side of the sports bar and the kids use it as support to get from one hammock to the other, so we do get "functionality" out of the sports bar as well.

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Looks like Ford will offer the full-time 4WD transfer case with the manual transmission.

D550F921-6052-4ACD-AA31-BAFE0665FEFB.jpeg

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
Remember all those vehicles on the road show are pre-production mannequins and don’t represent final production fit/finish/materials. I’m in quite a few pre-prod cars during the course of reviewing them and it’s interesting to later go back and drive a production version and see how all the little changes and tweaks improve the final product. Think about how many changes the Wrangler has had over the JL run with parts revisions. It’s like that.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
I don't know if it's because I have a peasant sport cloth interior, but the bronco interior looks AMAZING. Makes me feel ancient like how the JL made the JK feel.

T Town

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
Looks like Ford will offer the full-time 4WD transfer case with the manual transmission.

Jeep Wrangler JL Just got home from Bronco event... D550F921-6052-4ACD-AA31-BAFE0665FEFB
I’m no expert but at least on the base you have to get Sasquatch to get full time 4WD. Plus at least this year no Sasquatch with manual. Maybe next year.
On some of the upper levels you can get full time 4WD with a manual but only 33’s. Some come with 35’s out of the box but no manual on those either.
Of course with manual there is no trail control, the locked wheel turn thing and maybe something else.
But, if you pick and choose carefully you may be able to build something that you like.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Remember all those vehicles on the road show are pre-production mannequins and don’t represent final production fit/finish/materials. I’m in quite a few pre-prod cars during the course of reviewing them and it’s interesting to later go back and drive a production version and see how all the little changes and tweaks improve the final product. Think about how many changes the Wrangler has had over the JL run with parts revisions. It’s like that.
True. But Ford’s plasticky interiors, cheap switchgear and obvious cost-cutting have been the norm in their production vehicles for the past 10 years.

BuyHold

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Dr Rubi, '23 JTM
... no Sasquatch with manual.

...only 33’s.

...no manual on those either.

But, if you pick and choose carefully you may be able to build something that you like.
There is just something that is so connected and raw you can only get in a manual. Let's hope Ford sets it right and gets the kitted out options on the manuals rather than relegating them to second class transmissions.

/s/ Life long manual owner

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser

D550F921-6052-4ACD-AA31-BAFE0665FEFB.jpeg
Looking at the button dial above and to the left of the shifter, it has buttons for 2H, 4L, 4H and 4A, which I assume automatically shifts between Low and High range.

If it was full time 4WD it wouldn't have 2H.

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
On some of the upper levels you can get full time 4WD with a manual but only 33’s. Some come with 35’s out of the box but no manual on those either.
FWIW, the manual transmission Bronco they had at the event was shod with General Grabber A/T LT265/70R17s.

Jeep Wrangler JL Just got home from Bronco event... 2CEBD4C2-8991-485A-B154-6794002C516C

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
There is just something that is so connected and raw you can only get in a manual. Let's hope Ford sets it right and gets the kitted out options on the manuals rather than relegating them to second class transmissions.

/s/ Life long manual owner
Ford is going to follow the market. The sad reality is that most buyers want automatic; more so those looking to buy a 4-door SUV.

My Fiat 124 Spider is a nimble 2-seat roadster with an sweet Mazda 6-speed manual transmission: still 50% of sales are automatic.
Sponsored