Minor issues growing in frequency

Mtrctylarry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
That's how a modern day vehicle tells you the battery(ies) need replacing.

Replacing the auxiliary battery is not fun: you have to remove the main battery, which weighs 50 lbs; then the fuse box with all the connections underneath. This is just to be able to reach the cover for the auxiliary battery. Then you have to remove that cover, disconnect the aux battery and pull it out. The you have to put everything back together. It took me 3 hours to complete. Reconnecting the fuse box took the longest. There is not much room to get my hand in there and push the connectors in place.

I am amazed how smoothly the Jeep starts now.

I replaced both batteries in on pass; I don't want to have to do the same thing six months later for one or the other battery.
I’m going to try doing that…what brand of batteries did you use?
Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase

JLRyder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS
Jeep or Ford it doesn’t really matter, what you have is something you intimately know for about, 3 yrs correct? To other posters point, you never know what you are going to buy, old or new, is going to be worth one of your hard earned pennies and not be a nightmare vehicle.

Wait till it breaks, get it fixed, and keep it. It’s better to know your enemy than gamble on the unknowns later wishing you would have just kept the darn thing.

Good luck!

JeeperKeeper

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Willy’s Unlimited
Yeah, but the problem is what do I get next?

I’d like to stick to something that is 4WD and body on frame.

I love Wranglers, but I don’t trust my dealer, or FCA for that matter. And Ford is no different.

Toyota probably has the best dealership in town, but I ain’t buying another Tacoma. That V6 and automatic transmission are atrocious.

Perhaps it is time to give GM a try. My brother hasn’t had any problems with his 2015 GMC Canyon in six years.

First I need to exhaust this line of inquiry that the auxiliary battery isn’t causing the issues. Would hate to give up a nice Jeep over something that ends up being so trivial.
That transmission and engine is bullet proof unlike these jeeps it’s a huge gamble with FCA.

Mtrctylarry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
O'reilly's own brand; it is called Super Last. The big battery was $199; the aux battery was $107.

This is the aux battery. Apparently O'reilly is one of the few places that keeps them in stock.

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/...AxQUvnJ-X793CDEyKG8V59HVwxPukm4QaAk_vEALw_wcB

1622489178148.png
O'reilly's own brand; it is called Super Last. The big battery was $199; the aux battery was $107.

This is the aux battery. Apparently O'reilly is one of the few places that keeps them in stock.

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/...AxQUvnJ-X793CDEyKG8V59HVwxPukm4QaAk_vEALw_wcB

Jeep Wrangler JL Minor issues growing in frequency 1622489178148
Thanks! Have a great Memorial Day

Sponsored

Sanchese

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Rubicon, 2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon on Order
In my jeep the dash clusters were lighting up like a Christmas tree.
Used a reader and no codes.
It would not happen all the time.
Solution was to clean all the grounds including the battery terminal which was loose.
Solved the problem.
Happened again 1 year later.
This time it was not the ground but a loose positive battery terminal.

Hope this helps!

Mtrctylarry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
In my jeep the dash clusters were lighting up like a Christmas tree.
Used a reader and no codes.
It would not happen all the time.
Solution was to clean all the grounds including the battery terminal which was loose.
Solved the problem.
Happened again 1 year later.
This time it was not the ground but a loose positive battery terminal.

Hope this helps!
I'll definitely check that first...Thanks

Chris2183

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S (Sold) 2021 JLU Willys
That's how a modern day vehicle tells you the battery(ies) need replacing.

Replacing the auxiliary battery is not fun: you have to remove the main battery, which weighs 50 lbs; then the fuse box with all the connections underneath. This is just to be able to reach the cover for the auxiliary battery. Then you have to remove that cover, disconnect the aux battery and pull it out. The you have to put everything back together. It took me 3 hours to complete. Reconnecting the fuse box took the longest. There is not much room to get my hand in there and push the connectors in place.

This is the auxiliary battery I got. O'reilly keeps it is stock.
1622488993445.png

I am amazed how smoothly the Jeep starts now.

I replaced both batteries at the same time so I don't have to do the same thing in six months.

There is an old forum thread that shows how to swap the aux battery by going through the fender. Seems to be a much faster way.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ent-the-easy-way-pull-the-fender-flare.56807/