Sponsored

How much below invoice on a JLU Rubicon is a great deal?

ShaunBJeeps

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee X4, 2017 GMC Sierra
Any place that tries to charge you a doc fee I would just keep on walking.

They can offer the car at 20% below invoice but what's most important is what you're actually paying walking out the door based on everything else they either attempt to add on or claim as part of their dealership fees.
You just have to look at the deal holistically. I don't like doc fees, but if a dealer is offering me 8% off invoice with a $500 doc fee, that's still better than a dealer offering 2% off and no doc fee. In my experience buying cars, at the end of the day, the OTD price is usually pretty similar wherever you go. Sometimes the dealers advertise a low price & have a high doc fee. Sometimes they advertise no doc fee but won't deal on the price as much.
Sponsored

WashingtonWetWheeler

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' 6spd JLUR. UD60s & 40s
Hey guys, just picked up my Jeep yesterday from Bud Clary in Auburn. Apparently this type of pricing is going away. They fired the salesman who was giving guys 6-8% off invoice for "selling Jeeps too cheap". I was signing paperwork and the guy helping me just nonchalantly shared that little tid bit with me. If you can get that type of pricing at your local dealer do it quickly as the tide is turning.

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
My order I have in right now is around 4.5% under invoice after all fees. Same dealer late last year when I was originally going to order was around 9-9.5% under invoice after all fees.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Yeah it sucks but what can you do? The market is where the market is. I will look for the best deal but also consider the chip shortage, including the high demand for wranglers.

Newbalewb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Wrangler X
Don’t forget that if you’re selling a used car right now that you’re basically getting way more than you would a year ago. I’m trading in my 2019 for basically the same price I paid new for it...

Sponsored

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Don’t forget that if you’re selling a used car right now that you’re basically getting way more than you would a year ago. I’m trading in my 2019 for basically the same price I paid new for it...
No I totaled my car so no trade in.

OP
OP
Jeepster21

Jeepster21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Not at all surprised on that. And I guess for a lot of people it depends on where you live in my area there are several Jeep dealerships.

Some are better than others but generally go with your gut feeling. In my case I found the out the door price differed significantly from one dealership to another. I was glad that I got an amazing deal and equipped exactly as I wanted it with no regrets.

Hey guys, just picked up my Jeep yesterday from Bud Clary in Auburn. Apparently this type of pricing is going away. They fired the salesman who was giving guys 6-8% off invoice for "selling Jeeps too cheap". I was signing paperwork and the guy helping me just nonchalantly shared that little tid bit with me. If you can get that type of pricing at your local dealer do it quickly as the tide is turning.

OP
OP
Jeepster21

Jeepster21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Yes I've been getting a lot of feedback from people when the consensus is if you haven't already ordered then the optimal deals have since passed and going into the 2022's things will be much more different as demand is significantly high based on availability.

I've never believed in holding out for the next year or the next year after as vehicles always change but there's certain times in the market especially after the pandemic that we experienced a unique opportunity and congrats for those that jumped on the opportunity.

My order I have in right now is around 4.5% under invoice after all fees. Same dealer late last year when I was originally going to order was around 9-9.5% under invoice after all fees.

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
Yes I've been getting a lot of feedback from people when the consensus is if you haven't already ordered then the optimal deals have since passed and going into the 2022's things will be much more different as demand is significantly high based on availability.

I've never believed in holding out for the next year or the next year after as vehicles always change but there's certain times in the market especially after the pandemic that we experienced a unique opportunity and congrats for those that jumped on the opportunity.
On the flip side I bought my truck last year in May and ended up getting almost 20% off sticker... Most trucks in my area are going over sticker right now. I got offered about 10% more than I paid for my truck at my last oil change.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeepster21

Jeepster21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Gladiator?

Noticed those are having a cash incentive.

On the flip side I bought my truck last year in May and ended up getting almost 20% off sticker... Most trucks in my area are going over sticker right now. I got offered about 10% more than I paid for my truck at my last oil change.

JeepRx

First Name
Taz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sahara
I just sold my 2014 Sahara and looking at buying or ordering a 2021 Sahara altittude. I am in Mississippi. Out of the 3 dealers I have talked with, one was invoice plus $300 and 2 are sticker minus $500. Any idea of a delaership I could go to to get under invoice pricing? Do not mind traveling within reason. One dealership got the exact jeep I want (White Sahara altitude with Sky one-touch) with all the options I want in last Friday so they have not paid any interest with it sitting on the lot but they marked it up $595 over sticker price for dealer prep and only want to give $500 off that price. Any help would be appreciated!

OP
OP
Jeepster21

Jeepster21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Wow things definitely have tightened up in the past couple weeks then.

I just sold my 2014 Sahara and looking at buying or ordering a 2021 Sahara altittude. I am in Mississippi. Out of the 3 dealers I have talked with, one was invoice plus $300 and 2 are sticker minus $500. Any idea of a delaership I could go to to get under invoice pricing? Do not mind traveling within reason. One dealership got the exact jeep I want (White Sahara altitude with Sky one-touch) with all the options I want in last Friday so they have not paid any interest with it sitting on the lot but they marked it up $595 over sticker price for dealer prep and only want to give $500 off that price. Any help would be appreciated!

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Wow things definitely have tightened up in the past couple weeks then.
Yeah it looks like it. Hoping custom orders still have more wiggle room.

Trying to get 5% under invoice on a BTO. I will be satisfied.

OP
OP
Jeepster21

Jeepster21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
At this point you might want to look at cars.com to check the availability at what you might be interested and to determine whether you would find it on a lot or need to go the ordering route.

Sponsored