Sponsored

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
The optional 37's for the Raptor are 37x12.50R17 load range C. The tires are already in production, in stock and should be available for order next week. My local Discount has my order standing by and will process it next week. These new KO2 37's weigh just 64.8 pounds!
That is interesting that they are under 65lbs. It is really ridiculous how Ford is making 35s available from the factory in any Bronco model, the Raptor and the Super Duty Tremor, with 37s coming on the Raptor37 and likely the Bronco Warthog, yet, Jeep tops of at 33s.

With tires like the KO2 now available with light weight, low noise and 3MSP winter rating, it should be a no brainer to offer 35 AND 37 on the Rubicons. I put 37KO2s on my JLUR no lift for a few days and had no rub and little change in performance. With a lift anything less than a KO2 37 looks silly on a JLUR.

P.S. I'm no KO2 fan boy - I actually don't like it off-road, and bought them simply because they were the only light tires that I could get in 37s after waiting for a few weeks on DC Extreme Country.

The fact that the even the 392 had 33" tires top is silly.
Sponsored

BCMgunner

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 on 37” KO2s
I’m a K02 fanboy. I’ve had them on 6 vehicles. No better tire if you have a lot of Highway miles to get to your offroading and not big into mudding.
TrailRecon runs them likely for the very same reason.

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
That is interesting that they are under 65lbs. It is really ridiculous how Ford is making 35s available from the factory in any Bronco model, the Raptor and the Super Duty Tremor, with 37s coming on the Raptor37 and likely the Bronco Warthog, yet, Jeep tops of at 33s.

With tires like the KO2 now available with light weight, low noise and 3MSP winter rating, it should be a no brainer to offer 35 AND 37 on the Rubicons. I put 37KO2s on my JLUR no lift for a few days and had no rub and little change in performance. With a lift anything less than a KO2 37 looks silly on a JLUR.

P.S. I'm no KO2 fan boy - I actually don't like it off-road, and bought them simply because they were the only light tires that I could get in 37s after waiting for a few weeks on DC Extreme Country.

The fact that the even the 392 had 33" tires top is silly.
I agree. I was all in to buy the Bronco then delays made me drop my reservation and I bought a Rubicon. One of the draws was the factory 35's. Good to hear Jeep is at least rumoring to be doing something with a larger tire.

OP
OP
Stormin’ Moorman

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Just imagine Jeep Inc. Did something that made sense and we expected, like 35s on a Rubicon. If they bumped the suspension 1” put 4.56 gears in it...I don’t think most people would modify that. (Since most only do it for looks anyway). Haha, I realize how stupid that statement is now.

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I’m a K02 fanboy. I’ve had them on 6 vehicles. No better tire if you have a lot of Highway miles to get to your offroading and not big into mudding.
TrailRecon runs them likely for the very same reason.
I agree that it is a fantastic A/T to put miles on and get to far away trails - which is my case, since every trail is 150+ miles away from me. Clay type mud is not much a concern for me. My issue is it slides easily sideway on off camber and rocks, and does not provide much tracking on rocks/ledges.

I believe TrailRecon ditched the KO2s for M/Ts.

Having said that, for OEMs like Jeep and Ford the Tires like the Duratrac, KO2 and soon to be release Goodyears on the Bronco are no brainers. Snow rated, light and capable. There is no reason not to offer them in 35s and 37s on off-road factory vehicles.

Sponsored

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
As a clarification, the factory can have 35” tires on the Rubi without sticking out beyond the fenders. They would just have to have the stock backspacing (6.125”) and 35x11.5 tires. The configuration in the spy photo has wheels with 4.4” BS and 35x12.5” tires.

Also, very interested in the Raptor 37” K02s as C rating should save me some weight over my current 37” D rated K02s.
I wouldnt expect much.

per BF Goodrich, the 35” C rated is 65lbs each. The existing 37” is only 69lbs each. I cannot see a C rated 37” saving much on that.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
I wouldnt expect much.

per BF Goodrich, the 35” C rated is 65lbs each. The existing 37” is only 69lbs each. I cannot see a C rated 37” saving much on that.

The info we received from BFG (this was from corporate a few weeks ago) on weight was 64.81 pounds each. If this is correct, it would mean about a 4 pound difference from 37D to 37C...On the 315 (35) KO2 the weight difference between the 315C and 315E is about 2 pounds.

In any case my KO2 37 C's will be on order next week! Not that they will be of any use to me till mid July-thats when my new Dana UD44 should arrive. (I sold my OEM Rubi axle and discovered during installation of my Mopar UD44 that either the right axle tube or right spring perch was misaligned.)

Rockstar08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
The info we received from BFG (this was from corporate a few weeks ago) on weight was 64.81 pounds each. If this is correct, it would mean about a 4 pound difference from 37D to 37C...On the 315 (35) KO2 the weight difference between the 315C and 315E is about 2 pounds.

In any case my KO2 37 C's will be on order next week! Not that they will be of any use to me till mid July-thats when my new Dana UD44 should arrive. (I sold my OEM Rubi axle and discovered during installation of my Mopar UD44 that either the right axle tube or right spring perch was misaligned.)
I sure hope they will be 65lbs that would be awesome and these will be what I will be putting on my 2022 JLUR also, even the D rated at 69lbs is still less then most 35” tires so the C load is a no brainer and will help with fuel mileage for sure!!

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Okay it’s settled. I am buying 39” KM3s now. 💸💸💸💸
Yup. They've always been like that. Whatever size you want, you always gotta go two inches higher.

Sponsored

AusJeepNoob

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon EcoDiesel
Yup. They've always been like that. Whatever size you want, you always gotta go two inches higher.
Except in Australia where you're not allowed to go more than 7% over the largest factory tyre diameter and they go based on the size the sidewall not what it actually measures as.

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
Except in Australia where you're not allowed to go more than 7% over the largest factory tyre diameter and they go based on the size the sidewall not what it actually measures as.
holy crap, that sounds like something you’d see in California.

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
I agree. I was all in to buy the Bronco then delays made me drop my reservation and I bought a Rubicon. One of the draws was the factory 35's. Good to hear Jeep is at least rumoring to be doing something with a larger tire.
it makes a lot of sense that Jeep should offer bigger tires at the very least on the Rubicon. Hope it happens.

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....

wow, that would be great if true.

i am just curious how they can get the 37” to be the same weight as the 35” C rated.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
wow, that would be great if true.

i am just curious how they can get the 37” to be the same weight as the 35” C rated.

Yup! A very good trick indeed...Based on the difference between the 315's C-E (about 2 pounds) you would expect closer to 67 pounds, however 64.81 pounds was the info given by BFG a few weeks ago...
Sponsored