Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021JLUD
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone installed the Dynatrac EnduroSport on a Diesel?
Sponsored

kosinar

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black JLUR 3.0 EcoDiesel received 3/6/20
Looking at either Evo enforcer 4.5” stage 3 lift, or stage 3 plus lift. Called Evo, they said enforcer plus is whats needed to properly lift Jeep. Plain stage 3 is “just for upgrade”. Maybe i should’ve gotten clarification. What’s differences? Wasn’t planning on dropping this much cash for lift, but I want it done right. May do some crawling 1-2 times a year. Other than that, mall crawler.

B708A097-58E6-4B76-B69E-2A9F025B9738.png

7443ED8E-E0F2-47CC-ACFA-F21629633E8A.png
If you don't plan on bigger than 37" tire, Mopar 2" lift is the best deal. It comes with Fox shocks and you can get it for almost half of what you are looking at. I have it and it rides better than stock. You will have to buy adjustable track bars. Both, front and rear. At least front for sure. You can space it up later to clear up to 40" tires for not much money. I did just that recently.

Themistocles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Ram 2500 Cummins / 20 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
If you're still in the market and are possibly looking for a more complete system for your Diesel JL, definitely check out our Overland Plus - Diesel Version suspension system! Like I mentioned this is a complete lift that comes with everything you need in order to properly lift your vehicle while keeping suspension geometry intact so your vehicle continues to ride as smoothly as it did right from the factory! Our Overland Plus system combines the best of both worlds with amazing on-road and off road performance from our maintenance-free, self-centering Giiro joints that soak up road noise and vibrations for a quiet comfortable daily driver and plenty of flex and misalignment for a competent rock crawler, but now specifically available for your Diesel model JL! Feel free to check the system out on our website :)

https://www.claytonoffroad.com/product/jeep-wrangler-diesel-25-overland-lift-kit-2018-jl

2020BlueDiesel-1297.jpg
I will second this. I have the Clayton diesel Overland plus in my 2020 diesel Rubicon and it is a winner.

Lots of great advice in posts so far. I would say, do it right the first time...don't patch together your suspension. If you just want to run 37's and are not absolutely set on exactly 4.5 inches my recommendations are:

1. Go with a quality / complete system with adjustable everything (Clayton 2.5/3.5, MetalCloak 2.5/3.5, Rock Krawler 2.5/3.5)
2. Switch out your flares for Rubi flares...and maybe split those and then put in good inner fenders (AAL is my favorite) but Metal Cloak is good as is GenRight and a few others.
3. Replace at least your front drive line (I went Adams, other good ones mentioned in previous posts)
4. Don't consider things as "drop in and go" do tuning...get on a ramp and lift and tweak your sway bar end link lengths, work on e-brake cable routing, and brake line routing / extensions as well as getting track bar and control arm lengths perfect.
5. Do the work to put the right shocks on based on measured travel (with the Clayton 2.5 the only shocks I have found that fit are the Fox 2 or 2.5 DSC 4.5 - 6 inch lift.) All others will require either a limiting strap (shock not long enough) or added bump stop (shock not short enough compressed). The limiting strap restricts your droop (good to have but not just because you picked a shock that was too short) and the bump restricts your up travel (want as much up travel as possible)
6. Think about your steering (if you haven't get your aluminum steering box replaced - TSB) at least put in a good steering stabilizer (Fox 2.0 is a great choice) and consider upgrading steering components (Yeti...or something like that).

Bottom line if you want the jeep to perform off road and handle nicely on road you can't really do half measures. Fully adjustable suspension, drive line, and the right shocks. Plan for $4k - $5k. You can spend more (3.5" shocks for example or a long-arm suspension or a good coil-over suspension). But you don't need to. At $4 - $5k of parts and labor (assuming you don't a lift and a ramp in your garage) you can put in a suspension that will feel and handle like the OEM ride on the street, and succeed on 7s and 8s out at Moab or Sand Hollow.

my 2 cents.

Elven_1986

First Name
Shan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
for just another data point, on my Willys Diesel, the Mopar "2 inch" lift got me 4.25" lift in the front, and ~3.25" in the rear. re-adjusting the headlights afterward was a must; i don't want to be 'That Guy' with the LEDs glaring away at oncoming traffic.
i used the front LCAs that came with the kit, and while i haven't checked the Camber yet, the steering doesn't feel much different.

i'm sure it may settle a bit (and hope it does!), but i haven't had much need/opportunity to drive it since the change, and it's only got a few hundred miles on it since.
adjustable Track Bars are in the works, but i'd like to see it settle a tad more before doing that part of the setup.

will it fit 37s? don't know; don't really care. (i know; so very uncool,..)
plan is for 35s more to make it another high articulation overlanding monster like my last J**p, and i don't want to increase the unsprung weight, don't want to increase the risk of damage due to twisting against too much larger a tire, don't want to have a 100lb spare, and don't want to have to re-gear lower than 4.11s.

I am a novice refit, hope seniors leave valuable adviceMy car, a 2022 JLUR diesel I bought three months ago, has 11,000 miles on it.I bought it to run 35 "tires and rims sprocket hub and front and rear steel bumpers and front and rear steel bumper plates and WARN EVO 10-S winch and WARN Epic Sidewinder, replacement rock guide weighs 68 LBS, 10,000 miles,Up to now, only one steering stabilizer has been replaced and everything is normal. Now I only want to replace four shock absorbers, because I just want to experience a more comfortable ride. On the way, I ordered four Fox 2.0 Performance Shocks Set 2-3 inches to directly replace the original ones.How many washers can be added to balance the back

88.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
shocks should not affect ride height.
springs affect ride height.

I am a novice refit, hope seniors leave valuable adviceMy car, a 2022 JLUR diesel I bought three months ago, has 11,000 miles on it.I bought it to run 35 "tires and rims sprocket hub and front and rear steel bumpers and front and rear steel bumper plates and WARN EVO 10-S winch and WARN Epic Sidewinder, replacement rock guide weighs 68 LBS, 10,000 miles,Up to now, only one steering stabilizer has been replaced and everything is normal. Now I only want to replace four shock absorbers, because I just want to experience a more comfortable ride. On the way, I ordered four Fox 2.0 Performance Shocks Set 2-3 inches to directly replace the original ones.How many washers can be added to balance the back
Sponsored