Sponsored

The dealership ordered the wrong Jeep!!???!

Socks

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler JK Rubicon Hardrock
I was 21 when I ordered my very first brand new pickup, 1984 Chevrolet K30 4X4. Ordered in August delivered in October. I'll be 59 this year and I'm still as excited about getting a new vehicle as I was over 37 years ago. I qould have been way ticked off then or now if they screwed up that bad. Congratulations on your new ride when it finally gets here.
Sponsored

BuffaloBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler, 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel 2020 JLUR Ecodiesel
Sorry to hear this happened. I can relate..... Back in 2008 I ordered an Audi S5, most of the options, phantom black, manual transmission. Waited nearly a year for it (one of the models being built in Germany).

It finally showed up at the dealership.....with an automatic transmission! Was not too happy about that. The salesman, who no longer worked there by this time, had ordered the wrong trans. My wife and I nearly backed out of the deal, as it had taken so long and we were second guessing ourselves about foolishly spending that kind of $ on a car.

Well, they did reorder it for us, now a 2009 model, and it arrived in a few months. Traded it late fall of 2019 on the 2020 JLURD.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Sorry to hear this happened. I can relate..... Back in 2008 I ordered an Audi S5, most of the options, phantom black, manual transmission. Waited nearly a year for it (one of the models being built in Germany).

It finally showed up at the dealership.....with an automatic transmission! Was not too happy about that. The salesman, who no longer worked there by this time, had ordered the wrong trans. My wife and I nearly backed out of the deal, as it had taken so long and we were second guessing ourselves about foolishly spending that kind of $ on a car.

Well, they did reorder it for us, now a 2009 model, and it arrived in a few months. Traded it late fall of 2019 on the 2020 JLURD.
I was afraid you were going to say that they next years version no longer had the stick option. I wanted a RS4 back in 08/09/10...haha

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Yeah I know itā€™s not the ā€œactualā€ order but I go to college in a different state and flew home specifically to order this Jeep from them and thatā€™s all they needed and said the Jeep would be there in 4-6 weeks, and Iā€™m just beyond frustrated and confused on how the hell they can mess up this bad. The VON number usually takes about a week I believe I heard and I couldnā€™t obviously be there then due to me being away at school.
22 yrs old, in college, buying a $57,400 Wrangler, had to "Fly Home" to get it, and the order was messed up?? Please, give me a break!! Stop wining. You are making yourself sound spoiled.

OP
OP
Cjanak21

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber Security Consultant
22 yrs old, in college, buying a $57,400 Wrangler, had to "Fly Home" to get it, and the order was messed up?? Please, give me a break!! Stop wining. You are making yourself sound spoiled.
Iā€™m spending $50,000+ and what I bought came wrong and Iā€™m upset about it? Last time I checked, anyone spending this kind of money would be pissed off and upset too. What does age have to do with this too? I could be 16 or 60 spending a lot of money and not getting what you ordered is frustrating and upsetting to everyone.

Sponsored

chris87114

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Iā€™m spending $50,000+ and what I bought came wrong and Iā€™m upset about it? Last time I checked, anyone spending this kind of money would be pissed off and upset too. What does age have to do with this too? I could be 16 or 60 spending a lot of money and not getting what you ordered is frustrating and upsetting to everyone.
Age doesn't have anything directly to do it. And I'm sure your excitement about all the adventures you could have in your new jeep was something that you were greatly looking forward to. And it's super frustrating for anyone, at any age, to experience disappointment when you have an expectation that doesn't get met.

The negative reactions that you're getting is due to your tone, and perhaps, given your age and fortunate financial situation, the lack of opportunities to experience major disappointments in life so far.

Most of us aren't fortunate to have a summer to wreck anymore. We are going to jobs to pay our bills (even those of us lucky enough to have good jobs and healthy financial outlooks) and are lucky if we can take off a few weeks per year and those often get eaten up with other responsibilities (family, house projects, etc). A wise person will also find an opportunity in a bad situation - What a silver lining is there (you can let your investments grow for a while longer before you pay for the jeep, you can rent a jeep on Turo and keep the miles off your new ride, you can take a trip this summer to some place you weren't planning because you have to wait on the jeep now, etc)? Also - What can you learn from this experience (double check other people's work when it's really important, etc)?

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
You are correct. Many on this site complain more about less and it has nothing to do with age.

My JL was my first new car purchase and I purchased it the year of my 40th wedding anniversary. I didn't have any more experience than you purchasing a new car and it was learning experience for me as it is for you.

It seems to me that some of the old men busting your chops here are conflating age with experience. They also seem to be using you to vent their frustrations with what they see as today's irresponsible young adults.

Ignore the attacks and take the advice, I hope everything works out for you.

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
I remember when my JLUR arrived on the truck the salesman took a few pictures and emailed them to me. It was really great to see it for the first time and made the wait til I could pick it up a few days later even harder.

My college graduation present to myself was a new 2007 Saturn Sky Redline that I ordered in Aug and arrived in Dec and have great memories from it.

Francis405

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue 2 door Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 3.6
Yeah I know itā€™s not the ā€œactualā€ order but I go to college in a different state and flew home specifically to order this Jeep from them and thatā€™s all they needed and said the Jeep would be there in 4-6 weeks, and Iā€™m just beyond frustrated and confused on how the hell they can mess up this bad. The VON number usually takes about a week I believe I heard and I couldnā€™t obviously be there then due to me being away at school.
God was telling you not to spend so much money, you should take the cheaper model they got for you.

Sponsored

Mtpockets

First Name
MT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4-Door
Jeep Wrangler JL The dealership ordered the wrong Jeep!!???! 1622447511150
I
I think youā€™re missing a critical option. Whereā€™s the tow package?

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Occupation
Retired - Medical Imaging
So, nobody going to comment on a $100 deposit on a $60,000 car that he is supposedly paying cash for? Iā€™m surprised they took your order with a $100 credit card deposit.

OP
OP
Cjanak21

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Jeep Wrangler JL The dealership ordered the wrong Jeep!!???! 1622447511150
I
I think youā€™re missing a critical option. Whereā€™s the tow package?
Yeah thatā€™s one of the options I kinda regret not getting, but I really donā€™t plan on towing anything with this Jeep and Iā€™m just going to slap on a aftermarket hitch to put a bike / snowboard rack on

OP
OP
Cjanak21

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
So, nobody going to comment on a $100 deposit on a $60,000 car that he is supposedly paying cash for? Iā€™m surprised they took your order with a $100 credit card deposit.
Iā€™m trading in my current ā€˜18 JLR for a new 4 door ā€˜21 JLUR, and all they wanted was $100 deposit so if any rebates came in between time of order and pickup I can add them onto the order. Thatā€™s the only reason I even needed to put a deposit down, if u really want to see me pay in cash Iā€™ll post a pic of the check for you when the Jeep hopefully comes in šŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļøā€¦ also not the first time dealing with the dealer, used them to buy my ā€˜18 back then as well so there was a ā€œtrustedā€ connection supposedly.
Sponsored