Sponsored

2nd time out, 2021 diesel more issues , Round two!

Alex01

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Wrangler, 2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Update, they are now telling me they think the ABS module is bad and they are replacing all the harnesses front to back and the ABS module.
But guess what the ABS module is on back order because of the pandemic which means they have to buy the thing back.

I think i am just done with jeep.

I started shopping for a new one and flower motors in Montrose CO had one that I was semi interested in. I called them and explained the situation to them.

as per usual, jeep dealers dont give a crap about you. I was treated like complete garbage from the dealer in montrose. Why is it that American car dealers feel like its ok to treat people buying expensive vehicles like shit?

They had a different JLUR that i was interested in and i was told sorry, they are selling it for full sticker and refused to offer me any kind of deal on it.

I paid invoice for my current one that jeep is buying back. So now I'm expected to pay MORE for the new jeep with LESS equipment then my current one that is broken by no fault of mine.

I have had it with this crap. The video is going up on youtube. I will link all of you to it if you want to watch it. I will NEVER buy another jeep product and my whole idea of camping this summer and exploring is out the window. I guess i will go back to playing golf.

I am disgusted with this entire experience and will never buy a jeep product again.
For people reading this thread who are new to jeep and considering buying one although my advice is biased, do yourself a favor and just dont.

These are not good vehicles and nothing more then a temporary fad.
Jeep service is on par with a used car dealer selling cars from the back of a gas station.
Jeep dealers in general from the 4 I have step foot in are the most un-profession bunch of people i have ever seen. Including the service guy at medved that told me " well you didnt buy it here so you shouldnt expect our best service" to the flower motors manager telling me he wont sell me one for less then full sticker.

The cooperate greed strategy has flowed downhill from FCA to its dealers.

This entire situation is disgusting and FCA should be ashamed of themselves. My wife wanted to buy a matching rubicon like mine and guess what she is not buying now?

That old saying goes, do me right and ill tell 5 people about it. Do me wrong and ill tell everyone i meet. Well that is what Jeep just earned with this mess.

Remind me to thank Jeep for ruining my family's long holiday weekend
I understand your frustration having been through a similar experience with another brand. That said dealers are not owned by the manufacture, they are privately owned so just because you had a poor experience at one doesn't mean that the other dealer is going to give up their profit to keep you happy. Your best luck would likely be to order a new one or even ask the dealer that you've been working with if they'd be willing to have the jeep you're looking at transferred over. From what you've described though it doesn't seem like the current dealer is trying to help too much.

I'm sorry you've had this experience. You clearly got a lemon and it shouldn't have taken as long as it did for jeep to offer the buyback. If this ever happens again in the future, which I hope is doesn't, you can contact an attorney much sooner into the process and they can work to get you out. They get paid by the manufacturer so there's no out-of-pocket expense.

I hope you find a vehicle that meets your needs and are able to leave this experience in the past. Between my family, we've had 5 FCA products ranging from a TJ, Grand Cherokee ED, 1500 ED, 2500, and a JLUR ED. Out of those only 1 had any issues but it ended up being a software issue that was fixed with the EPA-approved update on the EcoDiesel 1500. I'd be willing to bet if you gave the brand another chance you'd get a better-built rig. But, if I was in your shoes I'd also likely have a sour taste in my mouth after that experience also.
Sponsored

Last edited:

MatthewAMEL

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLURD, '23 CT5 Blackwing, '18 Accord Touring
That sucks to hear about your Jeep experience. There is no way to justify the way FCA has treated you during this ordeal.

I will say only not to judge the Wrangler itself. You got a lemon to be sure, but my Jeep experience has been overwhelmingly positive.

This JLURD is my 4th Wrangler (CJ-7, YJ, TJ) and 5th Jeep ('93 XJ) and I've been happy with all of them. I completely understand the disappointment and sympathize. If you are still looking for a vehicle that provides a similar experience, consider the forthcoming Bronco (be prepared to wait 12-18 months for a vehicle).

IMHO, there are few better ways to enjoy Colorado with family/friends than with a Wrangler out on the trail. Hope to see you out there.

Mtpockets

First Name
MT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4-Door
Find another dealer to buy one from.
Some forum members here buy one 1000 miles away, fly out there, and drive it home.
Don't give up!

OP
OP

Bobbys

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Find another dealer to buy one from.
Some forum members here buy one 1000 miles away, fly out there, and drive it home.
Don't give up!
There isnā€™t one to buy and according to jeep I canā€™t even order one because they have stopped production for the diesel because they canā€™t get parts

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Well the madness continues
Dealer had the jeep for two days and magically couldnā€™t duplicate the issues

I offered to go for a ride with them to show them and they said they didnā€™t have time
Wow.....

so after two days I go pick it up and drive it down a wash board road and with in 3 minutes all the lights go on again
So now I have a broken jeep and a bunch of morons at a dealership

I have not even made my first payment on this thing. I am at a loss

I may be pursuing jeep to buy this vehicle back I have had it with this shit

my 2008 Cherokee did this and it was 10 years of torture my wifeā€™s 2010 jeep did the same thing

not sure what to do now

BA872B7D-4448-4E37-A58E-A19D511414E5.jpeg
What is the "this" in the 2nd to last sentence? Does it mean that you've had this issue on two previous Jeeps?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Bobbys

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
What is the "this" in the 2nd to last sentence? Does it mean that you've had this issue on two previous Jeeps?
Not the exact same issue but my 2008 had constant problems including a real main deal at 60.000 miles

My wife had a 2010 that had an electrical problem itā€™s entire life
It would randomly not start and left her stranded countless times with probably two tow truck rides a year

I was crazy to think it would be any different this time

Austintatious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUS / 2021 JLUSD
Reading this thread reminds me of my first 2015 JKUS - dude, I feel your pain. The freedom panels would leak like crazy after every rain, the dealership couldn't give a rat's ass about doing anything other than changing foam kits and making it worse. I could go on and on about how FCA dealership service departments suck but I believe the root cause is that they closed down many dealerships during the "great recession" and to my knowledge have re=opened very few so there is a much smaller service network available to service a much larger market.

Anyway, I went thru the whole "Jeep Cares" process which left me with impression they follow procedures designed to minimize internal costs and potential litigation, ultimately I retained a Dallas attorney who specializes in these things and deals with FCA on a daily basis. He was able to obtain a five figure settlement for me AND have my Jeep repaired at another dealership at no cost to me. DM me if you'd like his contact information. My saga is also well documented on another owner's forum.

I still have that JKUS. Yesterday, I took delivery of a 2021 JLUS Diesel. I've owned several FCA vehicles over the last 7 years and feel like I'm much more knowledgeable now when it comes to effectively resolving any inevitable issues with my new one. And that is to immediately address any chronic issues swiftly and persistently much like you have here.

Good luck.

Caseman2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking for jeep
I have a few questions.
Do you get a loaner car while your Jeep is in the shop?

And did you purchase this jeep from another state?

This whole situation makes me question buying out of state but noone (that I have found in Wisconsin ) will go below invoice. And if I go out of state for 8% off invoice. I mess up lemon law

OP
OP

Bobbys

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
I have a few questions.
Do you get a loaner car while your Jeep is in the shop?

And did you purchase this jeep from another state?

This whole situation makes me question buying out of state but noone (that I have found in Wisconsin ) will go below invoice. And if I go out of state for 8% off invoice. I mess up lemon law
Do yourself a favor just donā€™t buy one period.
If you do Iā€™m sure there is plenty of room on the forum for you to create your own thread that looks like this one.

There are countless buy back threads , why would you even consider this junk especially traveling to buy one out of state
I bought mine in the state i live in

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/the-jeep-wrangler-is-one-of-the-most-unreliable-cars-of-2020/

Caseman2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking for jeep
Do yourself a favor just donā€™t buy one period.
If you do Iā€™m sure there is plenty of room on the forum for you to create your own thread that looks like this one.

There are countless buy back threads , why would you even consider this junk especially traveling to buy one out of state
I bought mine in the state i live in

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/the-jeep-wrangler-is-one-of-the-most-unreliable-cars-of-2020/
Ok thanks for the heads up

Do you get a loaner car at least while they sort the issues out?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Bobbys

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Ok thanks for the heads up

Do you get a loaner car at least while they sort the issues out?
Loaner while they worked on it yes. The second they move forward with the buy back according to the dealership (not FCA) I need to bring their loaner back leaving me car less

If your not scared off with all these issues more power to you

I think the folks on here claiming success with FCA products are driving older ones for year JLā€™s maybe 2019ā€™s

As that report shows 2020 it was rated as one of the most unreliable vehicles and that continues

Did you see the post about all the 4xe isssues?

They are buying those things back faster then they can sell them

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
judging by how much grief J**p seems to be giving me about how they can't even give me an estimate as to when they'll have the parts to replace those damaged when my Ecodiesels Fuel Pump grenaded after a few thousand miles, i don't find this hard to believe.

sorely disappointing.

There isnā€™t one to buy and according to jeep I canā€™t even order one because they have stopped production for the diesel because they canā€™t get parts

Mtpockets

First Name
MT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4-Door
judging by how much grief J**p seems to be giving me about how they can't even give me an estimate as to when they'll have the parts to replace those damaged when my Ecodiesels Fuel Pump grenaded after a few thousand miles, i don't find this hard to believe.
In those few thousand miles did you ever run out of fuel? Or run your fuel near empty?

OP
OP

Bobbys

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
In those few thousand miles did you ever run out of fuel? Or run your fuel near empty?
They bought mine back abs put me through 3 months of hell
Never again

Ill buy a bronco