Sponsored

Sky One-Touch Power Roof owners - would you get it again?

OP
OP
Jeepster21

Jeepster21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
One word... Amazing.

Just a press of the button in within 30 seconds the sky above is open for the road. Each day to and from work I have been dropping the top and it's amazing.

Oh did I say it's amazing :)
Sponsored

Blendo

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JKUR
Additional info: The Hothead Headliner is a GREAT addition. The black top will radiate our AZ heat in the cabin and is thin so it allows wind and road noise through.

I installed the headliner in like 20min, super easy. No problems folding top back. Quieted down the road noise and made it cool even sitting in a parking lot in full sun.

https://hotheadheadliners.com/products/sky-one-touch-headliner?variant=39284096532546

Jeep should have had this from the factory, considering the Sky roof was like a 4k addon.

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
Additional info: The Hothead Headliner is a GREAT addition. The black top will radiate our AZ heat in the cabin and is thin so it allows wind and road noise through.

I installed the headliner in like 20min, super easy. No problems folding top back. Quieted down the road noise and made it cool even sitting in a parking lot in full sun.

https://hotheadheadliners.com/products/sky-one-touch-headliner?variant=39284096532546

Jeep should have had this from the factory, considering the Sky roof was like a 4k addon.
Thank you for sharing your experience, Chris!

-Mark

OP
OP
Jeepster21

Jeepster21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
I can see where you're located there be an interest in it but I think for most places most people would forgo it.

Down South

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
This is correct. I talked to Jeep after I bought mine and the SPT is made with Premium Twill fabric material.

I have used this from day one and keeps Top clean etc. Water runs off and bird poop wipes off.

Great product.
I've noticed this product mentioned in other places with good reviews. I ordered it about a week ago and it came in a few days ago. I applied it to my SOT and it goes on easy.
Judging on how much it took for one application, it appears that I'll get two applications out of one bottle.
Does that sound about right?

Sponsored

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I've noticed this product mentioned in other places with good reviews. I ordered it about a week ago and it came in a few days ago. I applied it to my SOT and it goes on easy.
Judging on how much it took for one application, it appears that I'll get two applications out of one bottle.
Yes, if you do really good applications. I had 2 applications per bottle. Once you get good applications on you can use less.

OP
OP
Jeepster21

Jeepster21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Someone had a good suggestion of using a spray bottle.

Down South

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Someone had a good suggestion of using a spray bottle.
Thought about that. The directions on the bottle say not to spray. I assume it might be due to problems with overspray? I believe next time, I'll spray it on and wipe down.

As I mentioned earlier. I love the SOT. Easy open or close going down the road.

OP
OP
Jeepster21

Jeepster21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Maybe try spraying it on a towel or applicator.

Thought about that. The directions on the bottle say not to spray. I assume it might be due to problems with overspray? I believe next time, I'll spray it on and wipe down.

As I mentioned earlier. I love the SOT. Easy open or close going down the road.

Sponsored

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired
OK, so I have one coming with the SOT. I currently have a JL Sahara Hardtop with loud tires and that is all I hear on the highway. I have a 2 door JK Rubi with mud terrains and a bestop sunrider that is not as loud as the Sahara. My question is this: Is the SOT loud to the point where conversations cannot be had while on the highway and is wind noise similar to a soft top?

OP
OP
Jeepster21

Jeepster21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
By no means I just got the Rubicon with the heavy tread tires and with everything closed up it works perfectly.

This feature is an amazing aspect of the vehicle for those that get it in many don't know about it.

Personally it provides the best combination on the Wrangler allowing you to fully open the top in about 30 seconds and close it entirely in about another 30 seconds far easier than having to lift off panels store them somewhere and then reinsert them.

OK, so I have one coming with the SOT. I currently have a JL Sahara Hardtop with loud tires and that is all I hear on the highway. I have a 2 door JK Rubi with mud terrains and a bestop sunrider that is not as loud as the Sahara. My question is this: Is the SOT loud to the point where conversations cannot be had while on the highway and is wind noise similar to a soft top?

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Wind noise is way less than a softtop. Cross winds and Semi traffic can cause a little buffeting but nothing bad.

Definitely worth* it.
Gregj

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jeepster21

Jeepster21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Was out today and though chilly had top open about a foot or two.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I have only had my Jeep with SOT since this spring. I use it all the time, it turns the Wrangler into a convertible. It does not look quite as cool as a Jeep with the hard top completely off, but that is a small price to pay because I would hardly ever mess with taking the top off.

Anyway, I always hand wash but I am wondering when 5 months of winter hits Michigan and the pressure washer gets stored in the basement so it doesn't freeze up how will I hand wash?
When it dips below freezing here in NYC I go to an indoor hand washing place. It’s like 20 bucks for just a wash and 35 if you want the mats cleaned, liquid wax and tires shined. I give a $20 tip. Well worth it to me.
Sponsored