First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe, 2022 Rav4 Prime, 2020 Highlande Hybrid
Occupation
Architect
I find it interesting I show 24 miles available with electric in a Rubicon when fully charged.
The Jeep bases that on your driving style. Mine showed 30 miles range yesterday morning, we got 28 before it switched over, also a JLURe.
Sponsored

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Wow, never got to 28 miles in my JLUe (is that the new shorthand?). I'm doing about 26 to 27. It's well within the original Jeep estimate of 25. I'm not sure where the revised 21 is coming from. Though it's getting crazy hot out now. So both me and the battery need that AC. Had a few days where it was in the 70s and I could keep everything opened up, which also probably caused extra drag.

Summer is coming. :(

Skeethree

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Architect
Wow, never got to 28 miles in my JLUe (is that the new shorthand?). I'm doing about 26 to 27. It's well within the original Jeep estimate of 25. I'm not sure where the revised 21 is coming from. Though it's getting crazy hot out now. So both me and the battery need that AC. Had a few days where it was in the 70s and I could keep everything opened up, which also probably caused extra drag.

Summer is coming. :(
It just seemed easier to develop a new shorthand than keep writing out JLUR4xe, we all know that every Wrangler is 4x so I dropped that. Could probably drop the ā€œUā€ too since all ā€œeā€™sā€ are Unlimiteds. Dash typically now reads 30 mile range after recharge (based on my vast 7 days of experience!) but drops a little below that over the course of the day.

JollieOllie

First Name
Ollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Firecracker Red Unlimited Rubicon 4xe
Vehicle Showcase
It just seemed easier to develop a new shorthand than keep writing out JLUR4xe, we all know that every Wrangler is 4x so I dropped that. Could probably drop the ā€œUā€ too since all ā€œeā€™sā€ are Unlimiteds. Dash typically now reads 30 mile range after recharge (based on my vast 7 days of experience!) but drops a little below that over the course of the day.
For michail and Skeethree, which option do either of you have on your Max Regen button, and do you press it all the time? Do you maintain or charge?

(Skeethree, this is also a JLWrangler forum so you can drop that as well, so I hope you are enjoying your Re! ;))

Skeethree

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Architect
For michail and Skeethree, which option do either of you have on your Max Regen button, and do you press it all the time? Do you maintain or charge?

(Skeethree, this is also a JLWrangler forum so you can drop that as well, so I hope you are enjoying your Re! ;))
Ollie, I haven't tried any significant driving with the max regen yet. Mentally I'm not sure it will produce any more added k/w hours than normal slowing down (which also shows some regeneration). Since I've already figured out that normal driving with less than 1% battery life equates to about 10-15% electric use based on regen, I should try driving with max regen for the same distance to see if I still get the same gas mileage and/or more electric miles. Will do that over the next few days and let you know since I have been doing the same repetitive 17 mile drive these days. Also just added sunglass holders to the rollbar, will see if that improves mileage.

Sponsored

Demonic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
I went through 1 tank of gas without plugging in aside from the original 100% charge when the tank was filled at the dealer. On E-save (battery save mode, not charge), and no plugging in, max regen, I averaged 22mpg for the tank. In my 2018 which was identical aside from being a 2.0T, I usually averaged about 21mpg. This is a Rubicon JLURe with every option though, so I'm sure the lighter builds could easily do 25mpg on eSave max regen, without plugging in.

Skeethree

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Architect
I went through 1 tank of gas without plugging in aside from the original 100% charge when the tank was filled at the dealer. On E-save (battery save mode, not charge), and no plugging in, max regen, I averaged 22mpg for the tank. In my 2018 which was identical aside from being a 2.0T, I usually averaged about 21mpg. This is a Rubicon JLURe with every option though, so I'm sure the lighter builds could easily do 25mpg on eSave max regen, without plugging in.
I've averaged 26.2 after no battery power left without using esave or max regen, just hybrid setting.

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 4xe, 21 Supra 3.0, 21 Pacifica Hybrid
I think your MPG will also improve when you are hybrid (no charge) as you break in the ICE engine more. I noticed a 2-3mpg improvement in my 3.6L after the first 1200 miles or so.
I've averaged 26.2 after no battery power left without using esave or max regen, just hybrid setting.
I would be ecstatic with that. I averaged 17mpg lifetime in mostly city driving with our 3.6L 19 JL Wrangler Unlimited Sport with Rubicon shocks/springs and 33" tires.

JollieOllie

First Name
Ollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Firecracker Red Unlimited Rubicon 4xe
Vehicle Showcase
Ollie, I haven't tried any significant driving with the max regen yet. Mentally I'm not sure it will produce any more added k/w hours than normal slowing down (which also shows some regeneration). Since I've already figured out that normal driving with less than 1% battery life equates to about 10-15% electric use based on regen, I should try driving with max regen for the same distance to see if I still get the same gas mileage and/or more electric miles. Will do that over the next few days and let you know since I have been doing the same repetitive 17 mile drive these days. Also just added sunglass holders to the rollbar, will see if that improves mileage.
Skee - as I'm awaiting the delivery of my 4xe it's great that the people, like yourself, who have received theirs can report to us what they are experiencing. Thanks.

The extra down draft from the sunglasses should definitely help improve handling.

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
So far, I'm calculating I should typically get around 90 to 100 MPG in my "JLUe" given my typical daily driving. Long highway trips will bring that way down.

Sponsored

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe

I usually use max regen all the time. It takes some skill to learn how to feather the accelerator in low positions to vary deceleration rates.

You don't get so much charge from regen that you see it on the range/power indicators.

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
I gave that as a suggestion to the Brandon who has been doing all of those 4xe youtube videos.

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
A lot of people have asked the question ā€œWhat is the gas milage of the Wrangler 4XE?ā€ Hereā€™s why that is an enormously problematic question. Also, hereā€™s why MPGE and MPG can not be confused.

53 MPG in a Wrangler 4XE?!?!

Please share this video with anyone who tells you the 4XE will get 49 miles to the gallon. Yes, it looks like Iā€™m getting 53.6MPG on my trip odometer but thatā€™s not a real number.

I use the "Fuelly" app to track all 4 of my vehicle's fuel mileage. And it's free... :)

Flieger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4Xe Rubicon
Here's an interesting study:

• the WSJ and researchers at the University of Toronto estimated the environmental impact of a Tesla (TSLA) Model 3 versus a Toyota (TM) RAV4. This is what they found:
  • The production of a Tesla Model 3 generates 12.2 tons of CO2 versus the Toyota RAV4's 7.4 tons (65% more), due to the metals needed for the Tesla's lithium-ion battery.
  • Emissions from ongoing use vary depending on the type of electricity grid used to charge the Tesla. Assuming the national average emissions from the US electricity grid, the Tesla emits 34% of the emissions of the RAV4 for every mile driven. Total emissions of the Tesla and RAV4 are equal at 20,600 miles driven, while at 200,000 miles, which the WSJ says is the lifespan of a typical car, the RAV4 has generated 78 tons of greenhouse gases versus 36 tons for the Tesla.
  • With 470 ft-lbs of torque at 0 rpm, the 4xe is going to be kick-ass on and off road.
I can attest to that.

My fuel economy is in the Crapper because I canā€™t seem to resist cackling like a maniac burying my right foot to the floor.

Flieger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4Xe Rubicon
With the $7,500 rebate there is no premium right now. It costs less than the regular models with the same options.
Hi Sboden,

For folks who usually get a refund at the end of the year, would this tax credit come back as part of their refund?

I understand you may not be a tax professional šŸ˜.

We have an LLC and have to write checks every quarter so this $7500 bucks is real money in our pockets.

I wonder about that donā€™t file quarterly or get refund checks every year.
Sponsored