Bumper Mounted Lighting Options

DARAMOS

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Unlimted Sport
I have a Sport and am replacing the factory bumper. The bumper I am getting is the EVO 1/4 which does not have any fogs.

I want to install something bumper mounted. I am leaning towards Baja Design Squadron's Wide. I am partial to the look of KC's especially with the "KC Grill" but don't really see any that would be good for what I need.

I do not have added AUX switches so hoping for something plug and play until I am able to get some switches.

Lighting Requirements:
Need something that would augment my headlights during the South Florida rainy season (amber fogs/wides/cornering/combo) that is legal to drive with on. Also I live in a rural area so ample "flood" / side lightning is important too.
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
The Baja Design Squadron SAE lights are street legal. If the new bumper has fog light cutouts, get the pair with the "R" designation. If mounting on the top of the bumper or on a bull bar, get the pair without the "R". @BajaDesigns can help you with hooking them up to the factory fog light harness.

A regular pair of Squadron Pros with a combo lense would be needed for lighting up a lonely rural road.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
The Baja Design Squadron SAE lights are street legal. If the new bumper has fog light cutouts, get the pair with the "R" designation. If mounting on the top of the bumper or on a bull bar, get the pair without the "R". @BajaDesigns can help you with hooking them up to the factory fog light harness.

A regular pair of Squadron Pros with a combo lense would be needed for lighting up a lonely rural road.
i agree.

OP
OP

DARAMOS

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Unlimted Sport
How would the Flex Era 4 Combo's work for this application? i am worried that the lighting would be too "blinding".

I also like the LP4's and can go with amber driving/combo.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
How would the Flex Era 4 Combo's work for this application? i am worried that the lighting would be too "blinding".

I also like the LP4's and can go with amber driving/combo.
I've been pleased as punch with the LP4 Pros with the combo amber lenses.

Jeep Wrangler JL Bumper Mounted Lighting Options 20210512_195756_resized
Jeep Wrangler JL Bumper Mounted Lighting Options 20210128_132835_resized
Jeep Wrangler JL Bumper Mounted Lighting Options 20210127_200104

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
for the outer two lights on your bumper, what mount did you use?
All 4 lights on the bumper used the mounting brackets that came with them. I simply used a factory steel bumper bolt location.
Jeep Wrangler JL Bumper Mounted Lighting Options 20210525_115958
Jeep Wrangler JL Bumper Mounted Lighting Options 20210525_120025

It was a last minute placement decision. My original plan was to mount those 2 on top of the bull bar, so all four LP4's would be in a square formation, but there wasn't enough room for bar clamps because of how close the lamps are to the underside of the bar. In the future, I'll modify the mounting brackets so the lights sit a little lower. All I need is another 1/4" of space for the bar clamps. Until then, I didn't want to drill extra holes in the bumper.
Jeep Wrangler JL Bumper Mounted Lighting Options 20210920_101429
Sponsored