California 4xe Deals

CaliforniaWheelin'

First Name
Sullivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JK
Has anyone been able to order a 4xe for under MSRP in California? I’ve been looking with no luck.
Sponsored

Shasta_Steve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ, F150 Rubicon 4xe
I am having the same luck around Sacramento. No one wants to budge much and not just on the 4xe. I am almost certainly headed for Idaho. Honestly looking forward to the road trip.

jgriffs

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
I read in a different thread that there was dealer up in Elk Grove that had some offers. But, I have yet to corroborate the offer.

Where did you get a deal in Idaho?

Jerpy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
I was able to get ~7% below MSRP in San Diego through my credit union. They have an auto buying service and negotiated the price with the dealer, so I didn't have to deal with salesmen or even set foot on a lot. I'm never buying another car without it.

Sponsored

sethz

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 4xe
Orange Coast is a SCAM. Avoid at all costs. Not sure how you got them to do the deal that you got from them. Here was my deal from their Internet Sales Manager :

MSRP: $ 54,830
Discount: $1500

And then comes the dealer mumbo jumbo garbage :

(1) Non Tax fees : $ 693 ( Dealer doc fee is separate)
(2) Nitro Fill: $179
(3) Finishing Touch: $ 895
(4) KARR Alarm: $895

This is robbery by daylight and total BS ! I am not sure how dealers such as OC stay in business. SCAM. RUN !!!

Jerpy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure how you got them to do the deal that you got from them.
I thought I was pretty clear in explaining the process I went through to buy my 4xe in my linked post (which you quoted)? 🤷‍♂️

Here was my deal from their Internet Sales Manager :

MSRP: $ 54,830
Discount: $1500
Well, I didn't go through their Internet Sales Department, so that's your first problem. Second: what model/options is this a quote for?

And then comes the dealer mumbo jumbo garbage :

(1) Non Tax fees : $ 693 ( Dealer doc fee is separate)
(2) Nitro Fill: $179
(3) Finishing Touch: $ 895
(4) KARR Alarm: $895

This is robbery by daylight and total BS ! I am not sure how dealers such as OC stay in business. SCAM. RUN !!!
Yeah, I dunno what any of that stuff is or why they gave you those numbers. Is "Nitro Fill" and "KARR Alarm" even a thing that is done to Jeeps? Sounds like someone incompetent put together that quote for you. 🤔

As I said before: my bank negotiated the deal on my behalf and I never spoke to anyone from the dealership nor set foot on their lot, so I don't appreciate you saying I'm "full of BS" on other forum threads, sir*. Don't blame me because you can't follow simple directions. 🤫

CA = High taxes and no deals :facepalm: !!!
Oh, I think I get it now: you just hate California? That's okay, nobody is forcing you to live here. If you don't enjoy the consistent 70°-80° temperatures year-round, feel free to pack your bags and move back to Georgia -- I assure you: we'll survive without you. You take care now! 😉👍

Last edited:

Sponsored

sethz

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 4xe
I thought I was pretty clear in explaining the process I went through to buy my 4xe in my linked post (which you quoted)? 🤷‍♂️

Well, I didn't go through their Internet Sales Department, so that's your first problem. Second: what model/options is this a quote for?

Yeah, I dunno what any of that stuff is or why they gave you those numbers. Is "Nitro Fill" and "KARR Alarm" even a thing that is done to Jeeps? Sounds like someone incompetent put together that quote for you. 🤔

As I said before: my bank negotiated the deal on my behalf and I never spoke to anyone from the dealership nor set foot on their lot, so I don't appreciate you saying I'm "full of BS" on other forum threads, sir*. Don't blame me because you can't follow simple directions. 🤫

Oh, I think I get it now: you just hate California? That's okay, nobody is forcing you to live here. If you don't enjoy the consistent 70°-80° temperatures year-round, feel free to pack your bags and move back to Georgia -- I assure you: we'll survive without you. You take care now! 😉👍
First of all I never attributed the phrase "full of BS" to you. I reserved that high praise for the Internet sales manager at Orange Coast. Go read my post again.
Secondly, the 4xe trim level (Sahara, Rubicon or Altitude) has no bearing on the bogus fees that I was quoted. They were all absolute numbers and not a % of the MSRP.
Thirdly, I am happy you got a deal thru your CU. That being said, one shouldn't be required in this day and age to go thru a CU or this or that bank to get a fair deal on a vehicle. That's just so 20th century !
Finally, I don't hate CA. I just don't like the fact that dealers here are taking advantage of a supply demand situation on a commodity that is mass manufactured. There is another name for it - price gouging and while it may be legal it doesn't make it right ! I'd much rather bypass this whole dealership non-sense and buy directly from the manufacturer if I could. Middle men add zero value and are a drain on society. It's about time we moved to a system that is customer direct. That being said there are good apples and bad ones and the bad ones are ruining it for the good guys.

Last edited:

sethz

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 4xe
EV tax credits jump to $12,500 in latest legislative push

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/ev-tax-credits-legislation-tesla-gm/

WOHO :party::clap::like: !!! Another $5000 in the pocket on a 4xe !!! good things come to those who wait I guess. Curious to know more about the additionalpoint of purchase discounts Biden had promised as well. Bring it on and my fully loaded 4xe Sahara will be chepaer than my wife's Subaru Crosstrek lol !

sethz

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 4xe
I have a feeling the point of sale credits could take the total federal credits past the $15k mark. Just what you need to incentivize more folks to make the transition to EVs and in turn for the charging and service infrastructure to get built. We're headed in the right direction finally.

sethz

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 4xe
My view is that everyone whose car isn't broke will hold off on buying a 4xE until this bill gets passed or Biden just pushes it through with an Exec order ! And that will make dealers extremely nervous and so they will start offering deep discounts on the 4xe to match the $5K differece between current incentives and future incentives. Get ready for some sweet deals. Yay !

Jerpy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EV tax credits jump to $12,500 in latest legislative push

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/ev-tax-credits-legislation-tesla-gm/

WOHO :party::clap::like: !!! Another $5000 in the pocket on a 4xe !!! good things come to those who wait I guess. Curious to know more about the additionalpoint of purchase discounts Biden had promised as well. Bring it on and my fully loaded 4xe Sahara will be chepaer than my wife's Subaru Crosstrek lol !
I wouldn't say it's "in the pocket": this bill has merely been proposed (and may not get signed into law) and even if it does, it won't take effect until 2022. Maybe do some fact checking (or a forum thread search) before posting misleading or incomplete information.
Sponsored

Last edited: