Sponsored

The dealership ordered the wrong Jeep!!???!

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Thank you 🙏🏻
Wait you had $60k cash after paying for your full room and board in school? At $20k for 4 years(probably much higher as you are out of state) I get at least $140k, nice job! Well earned.
You missed the part of I was in college in a completely different state at the time and the day I got home I went to pick it up? And I didn’t want a picture of it, I knew what I was getting and I’ve seen them before and I wanted to be as surprised as I could picking up a brand new Jeep.
When my truck came off the delivery truck my salesman text me a photo. You are saying you did not ask for a pic or your brand new Jeep or a pic of your sticker or have a friend or family member from your home town go look at your spec built Rubicon?

Again your response seems childish.
Sponsored

YenBoon

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
When my truck came off the delivery truck my salesman text me a photo. You are saying you did not ask for a pic or your brand new Jeep or a pic of your sticker or have a friend or family member from your home town go look at your spec built Rubicon?

Again your response seems childish.
Nah, childish behavior would be coming into this thread and acting holier than thou because OP didn't ask his family to go and take pictures of his Jeep that was sitting in a dealer lot.

It's amazing how many snarky comments are posted in here giving back handed compliments and low key bashing OP for being in this situation.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
The good news is your new one might be a model year newer. The 2022s should be just around the corner.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Nah, childish behavior would be coming into this thread and acting holier than thou because OP didn't ask his family to go and take pictures of his Jeep that was sitting in a dealer lot.

It's amazing how many snarky comments are posted in here giving back handed compliments and low key bashing OP for being in this situation.
I deserve it now is not childish? Wow how this world has fallen.

I used to think this country was the greatest ever. We have certainly lost our ways.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
which will ruin half of my summer.
A dealer messing an order up is bad, but not THIS bad. There are far worse things that can happen to ruin summer.

Be grateful for the privilege you enjoy and be forgiving towards those working human beings who make mistakes: it may not seem like it today or even tomorrow but one day you’ll look back at all of this and realize… it is kind of funny.

Sponsored

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
A dealer messing an order up is bad, but not THIS bad. There are far worse things that can happen to ruin summer.

Be grateful for the privilege you enjoy and be forgiving towards those working human beings who make mistakes: it may not seem like it today or even tomorrow but one day you’ll look back at all of this and realize… it is kind of funny.
Ive already given my $0.02 about the dealership and what I think you should do.

I think* you can interpret all of these unrelated comments on regarding you, OP, being in college and affording a new rubicon and having this ruin your summer and whatnot as just some good old-fashioned life coaching. So he can afford badass stuff in college? So what? I couldn't but if I could have I would have. And at that age of course it's going to ruin his summer. I hope for his sake it is true that he hasn't endured enough hardship in his young life to be able to put this in perspective. Maybe he never does and skirts through life with this being the worst thing ever! Obviously a smart kid, but he learned some lessons about trust, double-checking, asking for photo confirmation and to be a bit more aware of how forums react to certain bits of info.
Let's move on...

OP
OP
Cjanak21

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber Security Consultant
This will be a minor bump in the long road ahead, once you have your Rubicon. What is your new job, if I may ask ?
Congratulations on achieving so much in record time.
Thank you, I’m trying not to be too sour about the situation but I just really wanted to have a nice month and a half of my last summer home with my friends and family before I move away, and I’m a Cyber Security Consultant for a large Multi-National firm and my hobbies since I was 14 have practically been all financial and Investment related (which I learned from my parents, another side note too is that my parents are very blue collar and it’s not one of those rich get richer situations).

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Thank you, I’m trying not to be too sour about the situation but I just really wanted to have a nice month and a half of my last summer home with my friends and family before I move away, and I’m a Cyber Security Consultant for a large Multi-National firm and my hobbies since I was 14 have practically been all financial and Investment related (which I learned from my parents, another side note too is that my parents are very blue collar and it’s not one of those rich get richer situations).
Good for you. My post secondary education was the Former Yugoslavia in the early 90s. And my parents never taught me anything about saving or investing. Don't worry about the trolls on here jealous of your financial prowess. You don't owe anyone an explanation at all. The majority of them are probably so far in debt thst they're a month away from bankruptcy. I hope Jeep comes through for you ASAP.

Papa Jawa

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Recon, 99 Miata, 90 Silverado
316EB6FA-6717-43AA-865D-33BFD9A7C11A.jpeg
Everything was signed by me and the dealer when I ordered it, even had a deposit down on it…. And was obviously trading mine in when the new one got here.
That blows but it will be cool in the end. Sweet build by the way.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Cjanak21

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber Security Consultant

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Bought a new Jeep at 22 and these guys are beating you up. I bought my first new Jeep at 23, so I’m jealous. Once I made E4 in the Army that 1988 Sahara was calling my name.

markbum

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Islander
Occupation
Executive Director
TLDR: Jeep dealer ordered the wrong Jeep from the factory for me and is beyond incompetent.

My sister and I ordered two brand new Jeeps last month in person at the dealership. I ordered mine first with the dealer which was a loaded 2021 Rubicon, and she ordered a loaded 2021 High Altitude. Both Jeeps were white but many unique options between the two. My jeep came in 4 weeks on the dot and hers right under 6 weeks. Went to the dealership today to pick them up and there were two exact same white High Altitude editions there….. BEYOND PISSED. Nothing they can do but to order me a brand new Jeep from the factory again. I now have to wait another god knows how many weeks for mine to be done while my sister gets to drive her beautiful new Jeep all around town… if you order a Jeep from a dealer please please please make sure they order the correct one and don’t make a huge F$”$ing mistake like they did with mine which will ruin half of my summer.

Wondering if anyone ever went through this BS before???
I can't imagine how frustrating this is for you. I'd insist they give you some type of compensation - be it product, credit or cash. On another note, I've been waiting for my jeep to arrive for 2 months now. I'm happy yours came so soon (even though it was wrong) but now I'm even more frustrated with mine not being here yet. And JEEP chat keeps giving me conflicting answers as to status. My dealer has been consistent in their answer, but it's "we don't know". YIKES! At least I know where I can find a white High Altitude if I want it...

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
Chris,

not sure how this could have been allowed to happen; but i have a very 'Buyer Beware' and 'Trust, but Verify' mindset. (i imagine that you'll develop something similar in Security!)
also, even though this was not my first J**p i was excited enough about my build that i wanted to see every step of progress along the way; probably checked everything every day to make sure nothing had changed from what i ordered.

i ordered my J**p completely remote; never met my salesguy until the day i picked it up.

i was able to confirm exactly what was ordered entirely online and with tools available via this site and others, used my VON and VIN to confirm everything at each step of the way.
i'd be double-sure to be on my salescritter at this point to get that VON ASAP (if you don't have it already) and VIN and watch what's coming your way.
Good Luck, and Trust, but Verify. ;-)

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
So he can afford badass stuff in college? So what?
You quoted me but I think it’s misdirected.
I couldn't but if I could have I would have.
Okay.
And at that age of course it's going to ruin his summer.
Jeep Wrangler JL The dealership ordered the wrong Jeep!!???! 1622258722651

I and others disagree. Not wishing ill on anyone but public toilets exist because shit happens.
I hope for his sake it is true that he hasn't endured enough hardship in his young life to be able to put this in perspective.
That’s very nice of you to say. No sarcasm intended.
Maybe he never does and skirts through life with this being the worst thing ever!
Perhaps. That’s a very sheltered individual.
Obviously a smart kid, but he learned some lessons about trust, double-checking, asking for photo confirmation and to be a bit more aware of how forums react to certain bits of info.
Possibly.
Let's move on...
In this entire thread what you quoted above was my initial post. Nothing was inflammatory or even derogatory. I never once chided the OP for being young and having money. Quite frankly, I don’t care. Like you said, good for him.

I don’t agree that this event has ruined summer and feel that saying so is being too dramatic. You’re welcome to disagree.
Sponsored

Last edited: