Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
All these car companies do is copy each other. In this case I think it would be a popular option.

https://moparinsiders.com/caught-2022-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-rubicon-with-bigger-tire-offering/

Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 Rubicons will come with optional 35s, beadlocks, upgraded tire carrier 2022-Jeep-Wrangler-Big-Tire-1

For 2022, the Jeep brand will offer a new 35-inch tire option for the Wrangler. The addition of a 35-inch tire on the Trail-Rated Rubicon model should be a happy surprise to many. Our keen-eyed spy photographers were able to catch the new 35-inch tire and wheel combination, on one particular tester out on public roads around the Metro Detroit area. The tire appears to be a BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2, just like the standard Rubicon 33-inch offering.

It appears that this tester is also wearing a set of Mopar 17-inch Beadlock capable wheels as well. Mimicking Ford’s Sasquatch package as it also comes with a similar Beadlock wheel. So we wouldn’t be too surprised if the Jeep offering includes the Mopar wheels in the new package. The new Rubicon 392 comes with its own unique Beadlock wheels, but these Mopar units might be a more affordable alternative.

Looking at the back of the Wrangler, we can also see an upgraded tire carrier hinge to help support the weight of the larger spare tire.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 Rubicons will come with optional 35s, beadlocks, upgraded tire carrier 2022-Jeep-Wrangler-Big-Tire-2
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
Thank you Ford for the Bronco! Competition is great for the end consumer. Maybe the Wrangler will get a locking gas cap or hood locks now? Lol!
That would make too much sense!!

After all who would want to lock up those valuables? Hahahah j/k

Sponsored

WhereRU_A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Willys, 2015 Toyota Sienna XLE
Occupation
Restaurant Manager
Boy, the Italians are coming in guns ablaze with their Headlock package.

“We vill put zem in the headlock until zay pay for zee bigger tyres!”

BCMgunner

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 on 37” KO2s
Just throwing this out there; the backspacing on these Mopar “headlocks” pushes the tire beyond the fenders (by about 2” on the Rubicon models). Not sure regulations would give this the “ok” for production. Maybe the work around is it being offered as a dealer installed option?

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

I'm going to predict that this is NOT part of the standard Rubicon package. Rather, it will be an additional trim to the Rubicon package, similar to the Bronco Sasquatch package, or Chevy's Z71.

Would be kinda cool if you could apply it to any trim level (again, like the Sasquatch/Z71 examples).

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I'm going to predict that this is NOT part of the standard Rubicon package. Rather, it will be an additional trim to the Rubicon package, similar to the Bronco Sasquatch package, or Chevy's Z71.

Would be kinda cool if you could apply it to any trim level (again, like the Sasquatch/Z71 examples).
I am guessing it will be a optional package or something? Maybe for the Hemi or Diesel? Probably not cheap either by the time all the pieces are added up. I wonder how far we are from a $80K Wrangler?

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

I am guessing it will be a optional package or something? Maybe for the Hemi or Diesel? Probably not cheap either by the time all the pieces are added up. I wonder how far we are from a $80K Wrangler?
Yeah I'd guess a $5-6K package that includes 35s, upgraded tire carrier, and maybe the 2" Mopar lift.

Sponsored

somedude922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, Previous: 1984 CJ7, 1979 CJ7
I
It appears that Jeep is trying to capture some of the economics from the aftermarket mod industry. I would not be surprised to see leaked photos of a Sahara tester with 20-in spinners soon.
or the light package: double row 50” light bars, quad cubes on the A pillar, 4 20” lightbars on the bumper and double fog lights….

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, most likely it will be part of an optional package.

BTW, I am 6’0” tall and I need to use the grab handle and the side steps to climb into my Sahara with 2-inch lift and 35-inch tires.

A Rubicon with 2-inch lift, 35-inch tires and rock rails is going to be a bitch to get into for 90% of the buying public. Jeep is going to have to address that somehow. Perhaps include the optional rock rails with built-in side steps in the package.
Sponsored