Sponsored

Small lift options for Sister's JL High Altitude?

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber Security Consultant
Basically my sister is getting the '21 High Altitude edition and when it was parked next to a rubicon she didn't like how hers sat a little bit lower compared to the Rubicon from factory. I was thinking her best option would be a small 1.5"-2" spacer lift. Her jeep will probably be a 95% pavement princess 5% light off-roading... should get just get a spacer lift or a spacer lift with bump stops, or a spacer lift with shock extensions? Any other cheap-is options? She also may or may not get slightly bigger tires than factory size.
Sponsored

kmmn

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 80th Anniversary EcoDiesel, 2013 JK Sport & 2014 JK Sport
Rubicon Takeoff suspension (just match the specs as best you can (top, engine, trailering package) There's a chart on here somewhere (lost my favorites) that lists the various spring numbers.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Cjanak21

Regardless on how to go in regard to a lift/such modifications, your Sister would be best to use/drive the JL as it is for at least a month or two and at least say 500-1000 miles before she does any such modifications.

Let her get used to the JL.... see if the JL has any issues, in particular steering related/handling issues.

There will be plenty of time for mods..... Many that rush into doing such mods truly regret they did not wait a bit...

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Cjanak21

Tell Sis to right now buy a SR.

Summer is almost here.....buy a Bestop Sunrider for Hardtop. I can almost guarantee, for as long as she owns her JL, that the SR will be her most favorite mod.... seriously..

Sponsored

OP
OP
Cjanak21

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
@Cjanak21

Tell Sis to right now by a SR, Summer is almost here to buy a Bestop Sunrider for Hardtop. I can almost guarantee, for as long as she owns her JL, that the SR will be her most favorite mod.... seriously..
Thanks for the info, will pass it on!

OP
OP
Cjanak21

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rubicon Takeoff suspension (just match the specs as best you can (top, engine, trailering package) There's a chart on here somewhere (lost my favorites) that lists the various spring numbers.
Funny thing is I legit went out yesterday and bought her a set of Rubi takeoffs… didn’t know about the different suspension numbers but I think it was pretty close to what she has now or even better than hers, but thanks!

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
The Rubicon sits higher than her Jeep because of its suspension and its 33' tires.

Putting on Rubicon suspension will help significantly. Members have seen good results with spring numbers similar to these:

61 and 62 - front
91 and 92 - back

You could also look at getting some 33' tires.

@Rhinebeck01's suggestion is a good one. Get familiar with the stock Jeep first.

This thread will explain everything you need to know and more

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rubicon-vs-sport-suspension-height.4347/

OP
OP
Cjanak21

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
spoiled much?
Yup… she got a brand new 2021 loaded High Altitude and I got a brand new 2021 loaded Rubicon, spent about $120,000 between the two

Sponsored

kmmn

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 80th Anniversary EcoDiesel, 2013 JK Sport & 2014 JK Sport
@Cjanak21

Regardless on how to go in regard to a lift/such modifications, your Sister would be best to use/drive the JL as it is for at least a month or two and at least say 500-1000 miles before she does any such modifications.

Let her get used to the JL.... see if the JL has any issues, in particular steering related/handling issues.

There will be plenty of time for mods..... Many that rush into doing such mods truly regret they did not wait a bit...
Yeah, make sure the Jeep is 'right,' before you change anything, because if they see something isn't stock THAT will be the problem, as in a lift caused the radio to stop working

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Oh, to be 22 yrs old, spoiled, arrogant, and entitled. Only in America.
What could possibly go wrong??
Sponsored