Tire Shine

SouthCo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Billet Silver Sahara
Free directly on the wheel or put it on the applicator first and then do the wheel?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000XBCURW
303 is great. I do a little of both at times. I spray it onto a microfiber towel and apply to a clean dry tire. I also spray a little on the tires directly if needed to help get places the towel doesn't quite get (like deeper side tread).
Sponsored

wchevron

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2020 JLU
I'm going to give the 303 a shot. On the interior, do you use any particular microfiber cloth? I bought some inexpensive ones at Autozone. Not the super cheap ones but I guess middle of the road. I feel like they leave little pieces of lint on any surface I wipe them on.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
This looks similar to the stuff I'm using with shine. It is very nice. I think I'll try some next. Thank you for sharing.
@DOOKEY

The stuff you use is known to be good also.... I just happen to be into 303. So much so, I buy by the gallon. 303 is pricey otherwise.. A gallon lasts me a long long long time.

I do NOT use it on the interior of the vehicle.... personal preference. I just wipe interior clean with a damp with water, micro fiber towel.

OP
OP
Jeepster21

Jeepster21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Very very helpful!

Ordering today.

Cannot recall from our previous discussion on wheel cleaner if you had a particular preference on one in particular?

I believe he was mentioned typically soap and water will do the trick but if there's times when you need to use something more.

Is something like a diluted version of simple green too strong and not a good idea?

@Jeepster21

I buy 303 Marine UV Protectant by the gallon at Amazon...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000AY1W1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I scrub the tire with soap and water and let the tire dry. Not I spray the lightly with 303 Marine UV Protectant. Spraying allows the 303 to get into all the crevices/ the side tread. Now, I take an small applicator or small piece of rag and spread it around... work it in a bit til it is spread even. I move the Jeep forward about a foot at this time, so I can get the tread on the bottom.... seriously... Anyway, after all coated I let the stuff dry and then just come back and quickly hot them with a dry rag. Then I wax the rim...

Should mention if the tire is really really dirty, browned out, I first clean/scrub with Black Magic Bleche-Wite Tire Cleaner
https://www.amazon.com/Black-Magic-120066-Bleche-Wite-Cleaner/dp/B004YZUK02/ref=sr_1_2?crid=1PQUZQCW4PAHY&dchild=1&keywords=bleche+white&qid=1622070900&sprefix=bleche+,aps,166&sr=8-2

For door seals, Freedom top seals, etc., I use:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00T44D1R2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
51QK8YaFB8L._AC_SL1000_.jpg

OP
OP
Jeepster21

Jeepster21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Costco offers a great deal on microfiber towels.

I'm going to give the 303 a shot. On the interior, do you use any particular microfiber cloth? I bought some inexpensive ones at Autozone. Not the super cheap ones but I guess middle of the road. I feel like they leave little pieces of lint on any surface I wipe them on.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Jeepster21

For the rim/wheel itself.... I only use car wash soap on them. I wax my wheels and harsher cleaners will take off the wax I maintain..

As for the black center hub and the black Gorilla lug nuts.... I wash well with car wash soap. I wipe dry / let air dry then I spray the black center hub and lugs with a good coat of "Pig Spit". Let the Pig Spit dry and then buff lightly to take off a tad of the sheen.

The Gorilla's are splined and hard to polish with wax.. Spray on Pig Spit does the deed well.

Jeep Wrangler JL Tire Shine pi

OP
OP
Jeepster21

Jeepster21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
i’ve been using the turtle wax ceramic spray up to nail on the wheels would you still recommend using the pig spit on these?

Jeep Wrangler JL Tire Shine 7DE72F00-1037-45F6-A30C-FC0340E0D5AC

@Jeepster21

For the rim/wheel itself.... I only use car wash soap on them. I wax my wheels and harsher cleaners will take off the wax I maintain..

As for the black center hub and the black Gorilla lug nuts.... I wash well with car wash soap. I wipe dry / let air dry then I spray the black center hub and lugs with a good coat of "Pig Spit". Let the Pig Spit dry and then buff lightly to take off a tad of the sheen.

The Gorilla's are splined and hard to polish with wax.. Spray on Pig Spit does the deed well.

pig.jpg

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Jeepster21

What you are using is fine... As long as you clean and protect. I use the Pig Spit cause I have the splined lugs...

Ok, lets move on.... we talked cleaning wheels and tires... Now, I want to talk to you about painting your muffler black... I shake my head and say geeeez, that looks like chitt, everytime another JL or a JK passes me by with their shiny silver color stock muffler.... 8-)

Jeep Wrangler JL Tire Shine rigid-lites

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Been using this for like 6-8 months now and i use it on all exterior rubber and plastic

Jeep Wrangler JL Tire Shine D19C9E3B-4FB5-41A3-977C-9109C6948B1D

Not shiny just a nice matte gloss that holds up really well

Jeep Wrangler JL Tire Shine 8D32C264-8717-4410-9A19-07192521662B

I initially cleaned all the browning off my tires and all the other built up crap that other tire shines leave and once I got them all clean I applied to dry tires and wiped dry as it not a spray and leave product and I have not had any browning since.

Like other have posted 303 makes great stuff, I also use fabric guard for my Sunrider top when it does not repel water and for my weekly cleans I use their convertible top cleaner on my SR top and every few months I use there rubber seal protectant.

Hint: I have had several conversations with 303 Reps and was looking for something to treat my interior fabric and carpet like scotch guard and he advised I could use the fabric guard but just be sure to cover any plastic before using as it can be somewhat harmful, it’s says exterior use but he assured me if I took the time to cover areas that could be harmed it was perfectly safe.

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
@Rhinebeck01

Pig Spit is good stuff, especially on matte black or textured black metal.

Also, you can remove that white dot matrix paint from your tires with 90% rubbing alcohol. Comes right off with an old microfiber. It’l also take most of the red dot off the tire too.

Also a 303 fan here. I use it on tires and on all of the black exterior unpainted plastic. A little goes a long way. I use nothing on the interior but a damp, wrung out microfiber.

If you want the tires shiny (for what reason I don’t know) spray them with CoverAll. If you want the shine toned down, spray them with CoverAll before going to the car wash.

GeeGuid

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Rubi
I tried Dura Dressing since my tires looked great with a typical spray or foam after a detail...until it rained or got full of crap only days later. It’s been on my tires for 3 months and looks 95% as good as the day I put on. Worth the effort! Look at the videos on YouTube for details.
Jeep Wrangler JL Tire Shine B0022054-27BB-4A12-91C4-8D7AF19AC76E

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@SteveTigers

About the colored dots on your tires:

Yellow
indicates the lightest spot on the tire.

Red indicates the high point for the radial run out/radial force variation.

Yellow is a measurement of weight, and red is a measurement of roundness.

Yellow dot only: Align to valve stem

Yellow and Red Dot: Red dot always takes priority if the rim has a white dot or dimple; in such case align red to white. The white dot indicates the low point for radial runout/radial force variation of the rim.

If there is no white dot or dimple forget the red dot and align the yellow dot to the valve stem.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Rhinebeck01

Pig Spit is good stuff, especially on matte black or textured black metal.

Also, you can remove that white dot matrix paint from your tires with 90% rubbing alcohol. Comes right off with an old microfiber. It’l also take most of the red dot off the tire too.

Also a 303 fan here. I use it on tires and on all of the black exterior unpainted plastic. A little goes a long way. I use nothing on the interior but a damp, wrung out microfiber.

If you want the tires shiny (for what reason I don’t know) spray them with CoverAll. If you want the shine toned down, spray them with CoverAll before going to the car wash.
@SteveTigers

In regard to the Dot(s) on my tires.. I did not remove bur did address them lets say.. They are there but are so light in color you have to search to find them. The picture I posted earlier in this thread was a pic I took before I lets say toned down the spots.
Sponsored