LED Fog Lights from JL Rubicon with Plastic Bumper

BruceA78

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR 6-Speed
I recently installed a Rigid Series JL Full Front Bumper w/o Bull Bar / FB-F-101-JL (https://rockslideengineering.com/product/rigid-full-front-bumper-no-bullbar-with-winch-plate-2/). I am having an issue is trying to mount the LED Fog lights from my JL Rubicon plastic bumper onto this new bumper. I have already purchased the Xprite 4″ Mounting Bracket for 2013-2018 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock, Rubicon X, 10th Anniversary Edition Fog Lights but it doesn't quite work with the LED Fog lights on my JLR. I have tried mounting it in every direction but the bracket doesn't sit quite flush against the bracket because there is always something in the way. Even if I trimmed the plastic pieces from the LED fog light which I don't really want to do and even if I did the light is not centered in the fog light whole.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make this work?

FrontOfLED.jpg

DoesNotFitOtherWayEither.jpg

LEDfogDoesNotFitXprite.jpg

MountedLedwithXprite.jpg

BackofLEDFogLight.jpg

XpriteBracket.jpg

FrontofBumperLightMount.jpg

BackofBumperLightMount.jpg
Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
Mounting Bracket for 2013-2018 Jeep Wrangler
year range is the jk model. not the jl model. so i'm not sure if the bracket are a carry over to the 2018 to present jl model. the reason i say that it the bumpers for the jk and jl models are different. so the mounts would be different.

i installed a lod front bumper and re used the oem sport fog light (halogen). i had to drill out new holes to center the lights to the bumper. keep in mind that the fog lights brackets are different from sport to rubicon.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
I ordered those brackets when I put a a JK 10A steel bumper on my JLUR and had to file/grind the area indicated to get the bracket to fit the LED Fog Lights. It appears the radius is wrong on that bracket for JL Fog Lights. As to why they are not centered in the hole of your bumper I cant help with that.
Jeep Wrangler JL LED Fog Lights from JL Rubicon with Plastic Bumper Capture.PNG

Gregj
Sponsored