Sponsored

2nd time out, 2021 diesel more issues , Round two!

OP
OP

Bobbys

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
ZERO on the side of the road is what I said. A real number just based on my experience you're pulling numbers out of the air. Point is neither of us know but but I'd put money my theory is correct and Jeep has some serious quality and everyone should be scared who owns one is not.
I’m not pulling numbers out of anywhere
I am telling you that as a professional engineer your observation is meaningless from a mathematical point of view.

I also do not believe they are putting out 800 new wranglers a day seeing as my local dealers say they have a 4 week waiting list to even get one

By your math they are making 24,000 wranglers a month!

Or 288,000 wranglers a year LOL
I’m sorry but there sales are not that impressive

Think about it every dealer in the country would have to sell hundreds a month. I assure you a big box dealer may sell 50-75 wranglers a month max!

Don’t know where you are getting your numbers but they are false.

If that were they case FCA wouldn’t be in financial trouble
Sponsored

T Town

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
Contacted Jeep cares lol is that a joke? That they call them selves "jeepcares" Cant be bothered to even return a call or offer any assistance. The dealer it was at actually had the balls to tell me "well you didnt buy it here so we dont have to offer our best service to you"
LOL WHAT!!! I almost fell off my damn chair when the dipshit service guy said that to me.

Think im done with this POS. Jeep can have it back. Will be executing my states lemon law on this hunk of crap and they can have it back.

Here is something American car manufactures should get into their heads.

In 2003 when the Rubicon came out, a fully loaded one was $25k.

Adjusted for inflation, that is $35k today.

Now somehow magically my Jeep Rubicon cost literally 2 times that.

So don't tell me its because of inflation, its not. Its because American manufactures are greedy and have to fly corporate jets to bail out sessions. THERE IS NO REASON why a jeep should could $65k + other then greed.

If you want to charge people a high price for a car that's cool but it better be a well built vehicle with wonderful engineering and great manufacturing processes. Neither of which this Jeep represents. I have owned a lot of really expensive cares in my life and never in my life have I seen a premium vehicle sold at a premium price have the issues that people talk about on the internet.

This thing has turned out to be nothing but lipstick on a pig sold at a premium price.
Dropping this POS off at the dealer and leaving it there.

It does not even have plates nor have i made a payment on it yet and this is the crap im in for?
No thanks. Returned..... Ill build a custom buggy without a single jeep part on it and have twice the fun and it wont break and it wont cost me $70k.

lol @JeepCares lol ..... joke
If you could buy a Bronco right now Ford would have you covered.
Base 2 door with Sasquatch would be $35,885 plus destination, fees, taxes.
That's more in line with your inflation Rubicon example.
At that price you get 35" tires on beadlock capable wheels, individually locking diffs and a 4.7 rear axle.
I know this does not help you now but look what pressure FCA might be under when this thing hits.

OP
OP

Bobbys

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
If you could buy a Bronco right now Ford would have you covered.
Base 2 door with Sasquatch would be $35,885 plus destination, fees, taxes.
That's more in line with your inflation Rubicon example.
At that price you get 35" tires on beadlock capable wheels, individually locking diffs and a 4.7 rear axle.
I know this does not help you now but look what pressure FCA might be under when this thing hits.
For sure I agree but this isn’t a good reason to produce garbage at twice the price of the competition haha
I know that’s not what your saying :) just stating it wouldn’t be ok if what you said were true

And all things equal I love the idea of a diesel jeep. I do hope they can fix it I’m not just bitching because I regret the purchase. I am pissed it’s broken because I want to use my vehicle

I don’t think I would buy a bronco ... yuck

Last edited:

FirecrackerRedJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Well the madness continues
Dealer had the jeep for two days and magically couldn’t duplicate the issues

I offered to go for a ride with them to show them and they said they didn’t have time
Wow.....

so after two days I go pick it up and drive it down a wash board road and with in 3 minutes all the lights go on again
So now I have a broken jeep and a bunch of morons at a dealership

I have not even made my first payment on this thing. I am at a loss

I may be pursuing jeep to buy this vehicle back I have had it with this shit

my 2008 Cherokee did this and it was 10 years of torture my wife’s 2010 jeep did the same thing

not sure what to do now

BA872B7D-4448-4E37-A58E-A19D511414E5.jpeg

after seeing this photo I'm almost willing to bet money it'll end up being an issue within a main harness or near pcm harness and will find a loose terminal/non seated terminal within. just based on how this problem occurs and seeing all the lights and warnings that prompt. did you by any chance happen see any active codes on your invoice on what they were able to "not find" but at least wrote in detail on any stored dtc's?

JRINGO77

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I’m not pulling numbers out of anywhere
I am telling you that as a professional engineer your observation is meaningless from a mathematical point of view.

I also do not believe they are putting out 800 new wranglers a day seeing as my local dealers say they have a 4 week waiting list to even get one

By your math they are making 24,000 wranglers a month!

Or 288,000 wranglers a year LOL
I’m sorry but there sales are not that impressive

Think about it every dealer in the country would have to sell hundreds a month. I assure you a big box dealer may sell 50-75 wranglers a month max!

Don’t know where you are getting your numbers but they are false.

If that were they case FCA wouldn’t be in financial trouble
Got the numbers right from this forum. I think you just need to settle down. Point is that a handful of people freaking out and saying they're never buying a Jeep again based on a couple of people's experience here is ridiculous. Quote below from the build process thread.

The Wrangler plant is usually working two ten hour shifts six days per week (recent talks between Jeep and UAW may change this to three eight hour shifts). In that time they can turn out 500 to 800 vehicles per day. An order can start a build and make through on the same day, take 3 days if it starts late on Friday and finishes on Monday or it can be pushed off to a siding area to be finished later. Don't know what causes this to happen but they have rows of waiting lines for storing them.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Bobbys

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Got the numbers right from this forum. I think you just need to settle down. Point is that a handful of people freaking out and saying they're never buying a Jeep again based on a couple of people's experience here is ridiculous. Quote below from the build process thread.

The Wrangler plant is usually working two ten hour shifts six days per week (recent talks between Jeep and UAW may change this to three eight hour shifts). In that time they can turn out 500 to 800 vehicles per day. An order can start a build and make through on the same day, take 3 days if it starts late on Friday and finishes on Monday or it can be pushed off to a siding area to be finished later. Don't know what causes this to happen but they have rows of waiting lines for storing them.
Go read a different post if you don’t like it
Will see how your attitude changes when it’s your jeep that is 2 weeks older that is in the shop

And by the way
Your numbers you got from the “internet”

There is no way anything on the internet couldn’t be wrong right? Yea....

If you don’t have something helpful to add on the technical issue then feel free to go someplace else

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
Ok so the last thread was locked and it should of been it was way off topic.

Just as a follow up...... sigh those skeptical of the fuses were right to be

The jeep is in the dealer now. I took it out again yesterday and the first bump i hit, it all started again.
Checked the fuses and they were all fine.

Power cycled the jeep and it wouldn't go away. Kept driving for the day and it shut off then came back then shut off then came back about 5 times

Got home last night and they were all off. Its at the dealer now.
I'm sure they will NEVER find it. It will be a total waste of my day. Not sure what to do now

PLEASE KEEP THIS THREAD ON TOPIC IN REGARDS TO THE TECHNICAL PROBLEM AT HAND.
thanks
If they try and fail 3 separate times or keep the Jeep over 30 days for the same issue - without being able to successfully fix it - you would likely qualify to win a lemon law suit.

Consult an attorney that specializes in that in your state. Laws very greatly by area. I won one against Subaru without a dime out of pocket.

OP
OP

Bobbys

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
UPDATE

So The service manager of the dealership called me this afternoon.
According to them, they have had jeep engineers diagnosing data, they can replicate the issue.
Have torn apart every electrical harness they can get to, have said they have found loose pins and fixed them, replaced all the wheel speed sensors and the problem PERSISTS

At this point, the service manager tells me "they dont know what to do"

I am suppose to receive a call rom some "regional service manager" tomorrow to discuss a resolution. It appears this is heading towards a buy back / lemon law which im not sure how that is going to work seeing as i have invested in the lift kit, wheels, tires, winch, bumpers , lights etc etc etc

This is a total disaster. I will NEVER in my life buy another jeep product which really sucks because i love the car.

I will post what jeeps "resolution" is tomorrow. In the mean time the camping trip my family was suppose to go on for memorial day weekend is now shot and i have no vehicle.

OP
OP

Bobbys

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
If they try and fail 3 separate times or keep the Jeep over 30 days for the same issue - without being able to successfully fix it - you would likely qualify to win a lemon law suit.

Consult an attorney that specializes in that in your state. Laws very greatly by area. I won one against Subaru without a dime out of pocket.
and in the mean time i have no car and im loosing time in my life that should be spent with my family enjoying our camping trips.

And guess what! JEEP DOESNT GIVE two F****KS

I am waiting to see what they say tomorrow morning and depending on the outcome of that call i will be hitting the upload button to youtube about this issue.
We will see how they like

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Just playing devil's advocate here but Jeep kicks a reported 500-800 wranglers out the door of the OH factory every day 6 days a week. Seems believable I live in Houston one of the largest cities in US and see a ton of JLs on the road on my 1 hour commute each way. Not once have I seen one on the side of the road though. I know it's human nature to yell at the heavens when things aren't going our way but are these handful of issues reported in this thread and others on this forum REALLY an indicator of significant quality problems? I don't know but nothing said on here is swaying my decision to buy one. In my lifetime I've probably had 30 vehicles including boats, RVs, Chevys, Fords, Pontiacs, Nissan, BMWs, PWCs, golf carts, and 3 Jeeps with one on order and I cannot say that I've ever had a serious issue quality issue with any mass produced vehicle. Some of that is luck I know but ultimately I have to believe that a company that actually has serious quality issues would not survive long. Jeep dealerships would be overrun with warranty work and their technicians would probably be more competent from fixing the same things over and over again if what is being said on here is an actual issue in a large scale. If anything these forums indicate that the service departments are dealing with unique issues and that is more likely the cause of the irritation to the vehicle owner. Anyway just my two cents based on my experience and perspective not saying at all people shouldn't pissed off their brand new Jeep is in the shop already with seemingly major problems but I just have a hard time believing this is an issue for the majority of JL owners.
The reason you dont see JLs broken down, on the freeway, in Houston is because of the "Safe Clear" law. If a car/truck becomes disabled on a Houston Freeway, there are contracted wreckers that can tow it away, no questions asked.
BTW, i havent had any issues that would leave me stranded, but I have many ongoing issues, that I never thought would happen, all in one vehicle, within the first 2 years of owning it. Poor poor quality control. If Toyota bought out Jeep, you better believe we wouldnt be having these types of discussions.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Bobbys

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Spoke to FCA area manager this morning.
He seems interested in helping. They are suppose to be sending a field engineer to look at it today.

They seem interested in fixing this issue because it is very odd to them and may be pointing to software which means others may have a problem.

They have already indicated that they will be willing to buy the vehicle back if it can not be fixed in short order.

Which is great but not really because then I am out a vehicle and can’t do the one thing that was the purpose of all of this. That being... enjoy some quality time adventuring with my wife and friends

So although I may be made whole financially it doesn’t help that my Memorial Day trip is now canceled

To be continued
Will update again this evening

OP
OP

Bobbys

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
At least they are willing to buy back the vehicle.
That would definitely make me happy , at least you can move on to a new vehicle of your choice.
True but it’s not nearly that simple.
This is going to be weeks of torture
I have no vehicle and even if they buy it back what good does they do me? They told me 13 weeks at best to order a new one and if mine needs parts the abs module they suspect to be the issue is on back order for 2 months

I don’t think I would simply say “vehicle of my choosing” it’s a vehicle that is available and as I just said there is not a single diesel in the denver area not to mention I have $7k invested in tires lift kit bumpers winch etc

Even if I’m made whole someday my summer is screwed and time with family and friends is impacted significantly

So Not even sure I consider this the light at the end of the tunnel
And let’s be real, jeep isn’t offering to buy it back because they are being nice. They are offering to do so because the are REQUIRED by law

Last edited:
OP
OP

Bobbys

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Update, they are now telling me they think the ABS module is bad and they are replacing all the harnesses front to back and the ABS module.
But guess what the ABS module is on back order because of the pandemic which means they have to buy the thing back.

I think i am just done with jeep.

I started shopping for a new one and flower motors in Montrose CO had one that I was semi interested in. I called them and explained the situation to them.

as per usual, jeep dealers dont give a crap about you. I was treated like complete garbage from the dealer in montrose. Why is it that American car dealers feel like its ok to treat people buying expensive vehicles like shit?

They had a different JLUR that i was interested in and i was told sorry, they are selling it for full sticker and refused to offer me any kind of deal on it.

I paid invoice for my current one that jeep is buying back. So now I'm expected to pay MORE for the new jeep with LESS equipment then my current one that is broken by no fault of mine.

I have had it with this crap. The video is going up on youtube. I will link all of you to it if you want to watch it. I will NEVER buy another jeep product and my whole idea of camping this summer and exploring is out the window. I guess i will go back to playing golf.

I am disgusted with this entire experience and will never buy a jeep product again.
For people reading this thread who are new to jeep and considering buying one although my advice is biased, do yourself a favor and just dont.

These are not good vehicles and nothing more then a temporary fad.
Jeep service is on par with a used car dealer selling cars from the back of a gas station.
Jeep dealers in general from the 4 I have step foot in are the most un-profession bunch of people i have ever seen. Including the service guy at medved that told me " well you didnt buy it here so you shouldnt expect our best service" to the flower motors manager telling me he wont sell me one for less then full sticker.

The cooperate greed strategy has flowed downhill from FCA to its dealers.

This entire situation is disgusting and FCA should be ashamed of themselves. My wife wanted to buy a matching rubicon like mine and guess what she is not buying now?

That old saying goes, do me right and ill tell 5 people about it. Do me wrong and ill tell everyone i meet. Well that is what Jeep just earned with this mess.

Remind me to thank Jeep for ruining my family's long holiday weekend
Sponsored