What did you name your Jeep JL?

Sponsored

SunriseJeep

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited (ordered)
I could actually use help with Naming my Jeep. I created the beach edition decals for my jeep and never thought of naming it because it says beach edition on the side. I recently bought this adorable jeep purse from Etsy and the creator said she could put my jeep name on the purse. It dawned on me how unnatural it is to not have a name for my jeep. Also I love the Beach Edition, and donā€™t want to remove it. I thought about putting the name over the back wheel well. Anyway here she is. I have two names in mind but I am very open to any suggestions. Either ā€œTopless Turtleā€ or ā€œSalty Turtleā€. Of course both of these sound like bar names. Everyone says it should be ā€œblue somethingā€ but nothing sounds right to me.
Iā€™m open to all suggestions.

63F8C886-E407-43E0-9235-E54283CEB7B6.jpeg

5023C395-2B32-48DD-BB36-1FFAFF131B0C.jpeg

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

2022 will be my first Jeep, but I've always named my vehicles

• '76 Olds Delta 88 was Gomer (Gomer Pyle) cause it was a pile of junk
  • '99 Hyundai Accent, first car I bought. Originally named Deeter cause license plate had DTR but my best friend renamed it Little Booger cause it was small and green.
    • Fun bonus fact: since my little green Hyundai Accent was "little booger", whenever I see a red Hyundai Accent on the road, I yell out "Look, it's a blood booger!". I have done this since 1999.
  • '06 GMC Sierra, named HOSS cause it was big and tough
  • '12 Hyundai Sonata was Franklin, went by Frank, cause it was the ultimate "dad car". I only drove Frank for ~6 mo before I gave him to my wife cause I needed a truck, which led me to
  • '07 GMC Sierra, Old Blue (cause he's old, and blue).
I think I loved HOSS the most, but Old Blue brought me out of depression so we have something.

I'm a believer that vehicles names just present themselves, so I'm anxious to see who my Jeep will be.

Not "mine", but my family has always named our vehicles.
  • We had a '91 AstroVan that was "THE BEAST" cause it was just kinda beastly (to a kid)
  • My dad bought an old beater '01 Dodge Ram, brown in color. The first time both he AND I drove it (on separate occasions) the radio was on an Oldies station and "Bad Bad Leroy Brown" was playing, so he was Bad Bad Leroy Brown. Baddest truck in the whole damn town. Totally true story - that was probably the best purchase my dad ever made. Bought it for next to nothing, and over ~15 years, he, me, my brother, and my sister all drove it at various times when we just needed wheels for a short time.
  • My dad currently has a Mini Cooper (not sure the year) that he's really "into" (he does clubs and runs and stuff) and its name is Bad Boy.

My wife is even trying to get into it. She drove Franklin for a while, but recently upgraded to a new white Lexus RX350. She calls it Pearl (cause it's pearly white).

My daughters love talking to our cars, lol. If we hit a pothole or I go a little heavy on the gas, have to slam on my brakes, etc, they'll holler up "Geez, Blue, take it easy old boy!" from the back seat. :CWL:

Last edited:

Sparty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Sold) 04 TJ, 21 JTR, 21 JLR
My absolute favorite I think I'll remember for a long, long time.

Back on the old TJ forum years ago, there was a young guy who's screen name AND Jeep were "GEROUS".

He kept calling his name "GEROUS" and had a windshield banner with those huge letters.

He finally explained his name:

His actual name is "Dan" (maybe it was Dane...whatever). But when you put him and his Jeep together, they're "DanGEROUS".

:CWL:

Sponsored

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
I already posted my Jeep's name, and I've only ever named two other cars I've owned (Opus was my first, a Datsun 200SX). But recently at the dinner table, I came to understand that all of our current cars apparently have names.

Mine
My oldest daughter took over my old Toyota Corolla S...Yoda
My middle daughter has been driving what was her grandma's Buick Verano... Sriracha
And my wife's new black Kia Telluride with the black out trim...Nyx

It's been ~36 years since I had Opus, and I hadn't named any others until Yoda. Now our driveway is full of named vehicles.

Last edited:

azulwavesJL

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys JLU hydro blue
Occupation
Flight Planning Supervisor
I could actually use help with Naming my Jeep. I created the beach edition decals for my jeep and never thought of naming it because it says beach edition on the side. I recently bought this adorable jeep purse from Etsy and the creator said she could put my jeep name on the purse. It dawned on me how unnatural it is to not have a name for my jeep. Also I love the Beach Edition, and donā€™t want to remove it. I thought about putting the name over the back wheel well. Anyway here she is. I have two names in mind but I am very open to any suggestions. Either ā€œTopless Turtleā€ or ā€œSalty Turtleā€. Of course both of these sound like bar names. Everyone says it should be ā€œblue somethingā€ but nothing sounds right to me.
Iā€™m open to all suggestions.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you name your Jeep JL? 5023C395-2B32-48DD-BB36-1FFAFF131B0C

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you name your Jeep JL? 5023C395-2B32-48DD-BB36-1FFAFF131B0C
I named my hydro blue Willys JLU "Azul Waves".

SunriseJeep

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited (ordered)
I named my hydro blue Willys JLU "Azul Waves".
Today I had the idea of ā€œAzure Grottoā€ which would be similar to Ariels Grotto where she keeps all her collection. In the song Part of your world she says even though she has all this neat stuff she still wants more. Thatā€™s my Jeep for sure. Thought I would add a decal that says ā€œLook at this stuff, isnā€™t it neat?ā€ What do you all think.