First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 CJ7, 82 CJ7, 88 YJ, 2000 TJ, 2008 JKUR, 2012 JK sport
Occupation
VA Doc
So are you saying we can order the v6 without the etorque now? I would forgo the diesel and get that with a supercharger if this is true
Sponsored

jparty1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JGC
So are you saying we can order the v6 without the etorque now? I would forgo the diesel and get that with a supercharger if this is true
Sir, you have piqued my interest with this idea... I'm still hunting for my first wrangler; any good resources you would recommend to learn more about where to go for that?

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
From what I saw in the order guide you’re able to do that on all trims except Rubicon

markbum

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Islander
Occupation
Executive Director
So I got in touch with a dealer I’ve used in the past this week about ordering a 2021 JLU Sahara and he mentioned to me that all Hellayella colored orders are done for the 2021 model year.

Has anyone else heard this as well or possibly have any info to the contrary?
Well, I'm waiting for my Hella Yella ordered in March and still waiting on it. I hope that if it is correct mine is built but I don't think mine is built yet - yikes!!!!

markbum

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Islander
Occupation
Executive Director
It looks like you can now order a 3.6V6 with ESS with Auto (it saves $750 vs etorque). Etorque is no longer required when the automatic selected but it is still available.

JLU 80th is no longer available.
Islander is no longer available.

Gorilla Glass is available on Sport S, Wily''s, Sahara models, Rubicon, 4XE's, and 392.

A glance through, the prices mostly stayed same as April except the 4Xe.
Gosh, I ordered a hellayella Islander in March and still waiting on it. This makes me nervous but hopefully it will arrive soon. This process has been so confusing and full of contradictions. I'm certain the pandemic magnified it, but boy I am confused and worried about whether I'll receive my jeep!

Sponsored

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
Gosh, I ordered a hellayella Islander in March and still waiting on it. This makes me nervous but hopefully it will arrive soon. This process has been so confusing and full of contradictions. I'm certain the pandemic magnified it, but boy I am confused and worried about whether I'll receive my jeep!
I wouldn't worry about, you ordered it well before they stop accepting orders for Islanders. Do you have VON or VIN from the dealer that you ordered it from>

markbum

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Islander
Occupation
Executive Director
I wouldn't worry about, you ordered it well before they stop accepting orders for Islanders. Do you have VON or VIN from the dealer that you ordered it from>
I have a VIN. Whew!

NewbieJon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Edit. You can't get the V6 without etorque and with auto on the Rubicon. But I see you can get that combo on the Sahara and the Sports.

GalacticMouse

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUS Altitude 2.0L (On Order)
Well, I'm waiting for my Hella Yella ordered in March and still waiting on it. I hope that if it is correct mine is built but I don't think mine is built yet - yikes!!!!
I reached back out to my dealer and he was trying to spec a Sahara Altitude in Hella Yella, which is why it was showing as unavailable. All the trims that normally come in the color are still showing it as available.

On a related note, just placed my order for a Firecracker Red Sahara Altitude. Should be top and doors off come July!

Dryver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe "Bridgette"
I’m prepared to order a Gecko 4xe now but for some reason FCA isn’t allowing the dual door group on the 4xe in Gecko (according to Craig @ Koons). We’ll sit it out and wait for a couple weeks to see if that changes with the next order guide. Dual door group and color are the two most important criteria for wifey to be on board as it is technically going to be her daily.
The Order Guide M/H (must have) for dual door with premium uppers lists all color codes except Gecko, so not available with Gecko. The dual door group with base uppers doesn't show any color restrictions, but the group details at the bottom of the Order Guide don't indicate that you can order the dd w/base on the 4xe models. Maybe it will open at some point.

Sponsored

Yankee1019

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 RAM 1500 Crew Cab, 2023 JLU Reign Willys
The Order Guide M/H (must have) for dual door with premium uppers lists all color codes except Gecko, so not available with Gecko. The dual door group with base uppers doesn't show any color restrictions, but the group details at the bottom of the Order Guide don't indicate that you can order the dd w/base on the 4xe models. Maybe it will open at some point.
Yeah.... This is why we just decided to wait and see what happens when the '22 order banks open.
🤷‍♂️

jhp8

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Quick Question. When I ordered my jeep, the first status I got from Jeep Chat was "I am showing that your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled....."

Now it says "The Jeep is in the production stage which means all parts are gathered and it's waiting to move into the build process. At this time we do not have an estimate for when the build will begin"

What status does each of these represent? D and D1? How long are people usually waiting to move into the build stage?

Ordered 5/7
VIN 5/10

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
Quick Question. When I ordered my jeep, the first status I got from Jeep Chat was "I am showing that your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled....."

Now it says "The Jeep is in the production stage which means all parts are gathered and it's waiting to move into the build process. At this time we do not have an estimate for when the build will begin"

What status does each of these represent? D and D1? How long are people usually waiting to move into the build stage?

Ordered 5/7
VIN 5/10
I think the only way to know for sure is to have your dealer send you the latest POC and will tell you what status you are in.

JeepTime

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I notice there’s an option for “mopar Sunrider fliptop for hardtop” in the order guides

it’s more expensive than the bestop sunrider for hardtop so I’m wondering if this is essentially the same product or if there is a difference. Also curious if this comes installed as a replacement for the freedom panels essentially, or an extra like the dual top Group

taxjoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-door Wrangler Rubicon (ordered 4/3/21)
I notice there’s an option for “mopar Sunrider fliptop for hardtop” in the order guides

it’s more expensive than the bestop sunrider for hardtop so I’m wondering if this is essentially the same product or if there is a difference. Also curious if this comes installed as a replacement for the freedom panels essentially, or an extra like the dual top Group
This is the exact same question I have. My guess is that the fliptop is in lieu of the freedom panels. Otherwise, how could FCA ship the flip top and either the dual top group or dual door group (since those take up so much room for shipping). If the fliptop was in addition to the freedom panels, it would probably say in the order guide that it is not available with dual top or dual door groups. Again, this is just my guess. The fliptop was not available when I ordered my 2-door Rubicon back on 4/3/21. I plan to order the Bestop sunrider after my Jeep arrives (whenever that will be...).
Sponsored