Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
I recently became the proud owner of a new 4cyl Islander. It took me awhile to come around to the all white but it’s grown on me and I’m now loving everything about it.
3DFCA6ED-F61D-4B6A-B4CB-6B24746F4288.jpeg

Since my apt complex didnt have gated parking available for me right away, I had to park in an open lot down the street, since i live downtown. And because of that, i had my first break in ever. :crying:

20EF6D95-176B-47FD-A67C-F9A2F58EBFA2.jpeg

The thieves stole some old prescription glasses, a bag of jelly beans, the wheel lock kit and the door/hard top removal tool kit. The last three I’m the most sad about and I’m even wondering if theyre worth an insurance claim.

Going to get the window fixed and get an inspection today to make sure no further damage was done. On the bright side, pending all repairs and inspections go well, i have my first off-roading trip this weekend.
I've taken the little tool kit out of my Jeep because of this fear. Removed the wheel locks when I got home because who wants stock wheels? Sorry for your loss, but look like easy fixes.
Sponsored

oldcjguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Challenger Hellcat, 19 Challenger Scatpack, 20 JLUR Recon
Occupation
Software Engineer
It may have been said already, but replace your wheel locks so they don't come back for the wheels. Also, you don't want to get a flat some day and forget that you can't get the wheel or the spare off.

Still a nice Jeep btw!!!

Dryver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe "Bridgette"
I’m sorry, that really sucks. I feel your pain, I used to live in the city and I parked my JKU in an open lot. The most amusing theft was when someone stole my spare tire and replaced it with a piece of Italian bread.

4964B9E8-EA8B-4581-8717-E58878A3EDE0.jpeg
Was it good Italian bread?

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
Could have been worse….

Jeep Wrangler JL Fell in the love then had slight heart break 401588BD-B00D-4EAD-8075-3D9242BC5733

LarryB

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 dr
Don’t let it ruin what is obviously a special vehicle to you. Hopefully you can get all of the glass out, I found the odd piece for the next few years when it happened ..

Sponsored

omg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
That sucks, thats exactly why i drove a 1997 pos altima when i lived in urban areas. it got broken in, dinged, beatup more than a 2$ hooker. I would have never bought jeep if i still lived there. too bad ya cant have nice things in the hood.

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
At least it wasn't a Cybertruck...
Yes, because the CyberTruck is an impenetrable fortress according to Tesla. It is 10ft tall, bullet proof and the trunk/bed is so secure they call it "the vault". Bummer it looks like a larger than life DeLorean. I figure you'll have to buy the flux capacitor up front and Tesla will install it over the air when it is available, which should be next quarter.

Bummer about your Jeep, usually thieves just try door handles around here and seldomly resort to busting open a window unless you have something sitting out.

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
It may have been said already, but replace your wheel locks so they don't come back for the wheels. Also, you don't want to get a flat some day and forget that you can't get the wheel or the spare off.

Still a nice Jeep btw!!!
On the wrangler, the wheel locks stick out past the face of the wheel pretty far (at least on the Rubicon wheels). You could use a pair of vice grips to get them off without any problem.

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
The scum bag must have never seen the movie, Pulp Fiction. “What’s more chicken shit than F’n with a man’s automobile?”... “You don’t F#$k with another man’s vehicle. It’s just against the rules.”

GL/cheers,
B
In the old days they hanged you for stealing a mans horse. Ie transportation.

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2020 JT, 1990 Mustang
Build Thread
Link
Sorry about the break in. Only time I have had anything stolen out of a vehicle was my XJ. They wedged open the only locked door (I never locked it, dad moved it out of the driveway). That door always had horrible wind noise after. They got some cheap cigars and a disk full of MP3s.

For the rag top comment, just don’t keep anything valuable out. I don’t lock the mustang since there is no alarm, I lock the JL because it activates the theft system.

I agree on all the comments low comprehensive is a must.

Sponsored

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2020 JT, 1990 Mustang
Build Thread
Link
On the wrangler, the wheel locks stick out past the face of the wheel pretty far (at least on the Rubicon wheels). You could use a pair of vice grips to get them off without any problem.
Just pound a slightly bigger socket on. Gotten many a rusted lock off that way.

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
Sorry to see your Jeep being burglarized. Scumbag thieves are pretty bold these days.

I taught one scumbag thief a lesson a long time ago. I caught a guy looking in cars and actually opening car doors in the apartment complex parking lot. I made my presence known and he ran away quickly and I called the Sheriff who did absolutely nothing. Never saw any sheriff patrolling that parking lot day or night as long as I lived there. Next few nights a spent in my car. Well he came back on the 3rd night and he tried opening my car door. I had an alarm on the car that I set off and I also spotlighted him. Of course he ran away. Probably not the smartest thing I ever did, but never saw anyone sneaking around after that and I watched plenty of nights.

These days I just leave the doors unlocked and nothing inside worth stealing. Also, no way am I parking in an area that thieves will feel comfortable sawing or stripping my cars. Maybe not 100% of them but most of them since some don't seem to care if they get seen these days. I have walked a fair distance before to avoid making that mistake.

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 JK / 2020 JLUR
Simple rule of thumb for thieves when it comes to Jeeps or other vehicles..”Out of sight, out of mind”.

Thieves break into vehicles for the stupidest simplest things one can imagine. There is no rime or reason so leave nothing in plain sight. Heck I am willing to bet the OPs thief saw the gummy bears and wanted them and with no other thought smashed the window an took them.

Trust me thieves have no remorse for their action and justify themselves by your having more then them so it makes it OK to take what you have. And it’s getting worst now that we have folks on high running things that condone this line of thinking.

Sidspider

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ7, 2021 JLU Willys
Was it good Italian bread?
No joke, the police took it as evidence! I’m sure they tossed it in the trash, they used to like to pretend to care about quality of life issues.

Mtpockets

First Name
MT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4-Door
Op,
Did they take your EZPass? Most of us have one mounted on our front windshield.
Beautiful Jeep btw!
Sponsored