Sponsored

So what are the hidden options you get when you upgrade? I.e. Infotainment gets better windshield...

Tar Heel Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys Sport, JT Mojave, Sold JLU Sport S
Occupation
Cigar & IPA Snob
My Sport S w/ 7" UConnect does not have rear seating USB or AC outlet. It must either come with Sahara & Rubicon or maybe it requires the Electronic Infotainment System Group upgrade.
Sponsored

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Wrangler Rubicon JLU; 2020 Mercedes GLB 250; 2013 Red Ford F-150 4x4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Interventional Cardiology
When you upgrade to leather you DON'T get cup holders if all 3 back seats are being used. The cup holders are in the middle back seat console and only accessible when this center console is down (i.e. not more than 2 passengers in the back.)

On the plus side, in place of the floor cup holders you get a tray that's deep enough for a stick of gum--not 2 sticks of gum--a stick of gum.
That's good...I chew a LOT of gum. I need a good gum holder. I don't know where I'd find one otherwise.

FrankieFJL

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
IT Professional
Vehicle Showcase
This is all news to me. So when I inevitably get my windshield replaced how will I know if I get fhe acoustic windshield as opposed to the regular one?

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Wrangler Rubicon JLU; 2020 Mercedes GLB 250; 2013 Red Ford F-150 4x4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Interventional Cardiology
They make after-market acoustic windshields. You just have to ask for it. All it is is a layer of optically clear plastic in between the glass. I really can't tell the difference between a regular windshield and an acoustic one. But of course I have hearing damage from loud music :rock:, flying and riding motorcycles over the years.

Sponsored

Threxx

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR HT 3.6AT
This is all news to me. So when I inevitably get my windshield replaced how will I know if I get fhe acoustic windshield as opposed to the regular one?
Aside from verifying with the glass dealer that you're getting an acoustic windshield, if you want to be sure they did, pretty much all acoustic glass will say somewhere in the small print that it's acoustic. It's quite a bit easier to tell on side windows, where you can just lower the window and look for what appears to be a 'sandwich' with two thin layers of glass and an acoustic material between them. You can kind of run your fingernail down the 'ridge' on the top of those acoustic side glass windows.

Threxx

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR HT 3.6AT
On other vehicles I've compared acoustic windshield to regular windshield models, they definitely help, but of course if the rest of the vehicle is kind of noisy, then the net difference in sound is probably pretty minimal unless you're in some particular circumstances... like a strong head wind, or rain storm at high speed where you can hear the rain hitting the windshield hard.

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
You tell the glass people you must have the OEM "acoustic" glass windshield for the 2018 Wrangler JL. Here is a pic of that OEM windshield which has has the part#, etc. on it.

JLacoustical glass.JPG

ToolMan514

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4xe
They make after-market acoustic windshields. You just have to ask for it. All it is is a layer of optically clear plastic in between the glass. I really can't tell the difference between a regular windshield and an acoustic one. But of course I have hearing damage from loud music :rock:, flying and riding motorcycles over the years.
For those who care, this is what he's talking about...
12326822-acoustic-windshield-installation-nj.jpg

Ruby Jack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Don't think anyone mentioned this, but I believe the Sport doesn't come with the red dash bolster option (they only come with the grey one). Think those only come with the Rubicon. The Sahara gets the leather-wrapped bolster, I believe.

Sponsored

Ruby Jack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
For those who care, this is what he's talking about...
12326822-acoustic-windshield-installation-nj.jpg
I wonder if that option is connected to the VIN in case you ever need to have it replaced and replacement also uses acoustic glass over the normal one.

Grimm_E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Rubicon gets the vented hood, red tow hooks, as well as black trim accents in the seven slot grille/plastic bumper. Sahara has trim accents too but it's silver.

I believe for the base Sport if you decide to go with 4-door they come standard with power windows.
The vents on the Rubicon are only cosmetic. if you want real vents you woul have to have them cut in or replace with a different hood.

Grimm_E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Yeah I forgot to mention the crack hider, and fold down center for cup holder on leather, vs no fold down, no hider, and the cup holders are on now hte rear console vs in the seat.
I really like the back seat fold down cup holder as well at the inverter so you have a real outlet in the back, but I think tje inverter comes with all trim packages.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
The vents on the Rubicon are only cosmetic. if you want real vents you woul have to have them cut in or replace with a different hood.
That is not what the designer said. He said every vent is "functional". Now, probably some room to argue what constitutes functional. But he said everything on the Wrangler is real.
Sponsored