Sponsored

MB Quart announced 'Purposely Engineered Jeep Tuned Audio Kits' (incl. 6x9 Soundbar adapter) at Jeep Beach 2021

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
is this a true plug and play speaker upgrade? Also, is the speaker alone upgrade worth it using just he factory Alpine guts?
I actually ran the front dash speakers first on factory power and they were noticeably better than stock. I'd say it's worth it, but to replace the knee speakers is a big pain in the butt. Lots of screws to get at them.
Sponsored

sbrimer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023, 392 Rubicon XR
Thanks. If I understand your answer correctly, one dash tweeter and one knee midrange driver are powered by each channel. So are crossovers provided to send the correct frequencies to the correct drivers? Are all of the speakers 4 ohm or 2 ohm?

Yes. All of the speakers are 2 ohm.

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
I actually ran the front dash speakers first on factory power and they were noticeably better than stock. I'd say it's worth it, but to replace the knee speakers is a big pain in the butt. Lots of screws to get at them.
Yeah, I read the install directions after posting this. I didn't realize you have to take the entire dash apart to get to the knee speakers. looks pretty straight forward by man it looks like a project!

Sponsored

bem1

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lantanapcguy.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

Any updates from people that have installed this setup? I have the upgraded Alpine system and am torn between the base 6 speaker upgrade and the amplified upgrade. Wish I got in on the 40% off code, that would have made the decision easier!

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Any updates from people that have installed this setup? I have the upgraded Alpine system and am torn between the base 6 speaker upgrade and the amplified upgrade. Wish I got in on the 40% off code, that would have made the decision easier!
I'm still loving the improvement.

That said, I already noticed I was using the space under the passenger seat for recovery gear and I'm no longer able to do so. Also, while I don't normally carry passengers, I did recently and they right away have to work around the amps to get in and out of the back seat. (2 door)

Still, I'm sure you will notice the difference the amps make over just the speakers. The music has more authority and clarity. Now all I need is their sub upgrade.

I'm in Golden if you ever want to meet up and listen before you buy... :beer:

Sponsored

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Still working as of now. Just purchased the knee speakers to complete the set. Did not go with the amps just yet. May add those at another time.
Looks to be expired now. I would have tried it at 40% for $9xx for the $1599 kit I was eyeing; not sure I would do it at 20%. Unknown brand and could do all Alpine for similar at the MSRP price. Plus I would have a sub.

AnebuR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon + 2014 JK Sport S
Anyone with the OEM Alpine install the non-amp kit, the one with the replacement speakers only? Getting distortion from the 6x9 speakers. MB Quart sent me the additional harness required to also hook up the tweeter wires. The harness still needed to be spliced into the original harness provided with the kit. One would've thought that MB Quart would send a Y-harness instead, so that no splicing would be required. On the harness I received, I noticed that the polarity for the tweeter would be reversed from the connector. So, I spliced it in reverse. Tried changing polarity and am still getting distortion. there's no distortion if I don't use the tweeter wires and go with the original instructions that specify to only use the mid wire. However, the 6x9 isn't getting the full range signal without the tweeter connection.

Figured I'd ask here before reaching out to MB Quart. When I contacted them about sending me the tweeter connector, they told me they haven't actually tested their replacement speakers on a Jeep with the OEM Alpine system and factory amp.

AusJeepNoob

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon EcoDiesel
Looks to be expired now. I would have tried it at 40% for $9xx for the $1599 kit I was eyeing; not sure I would do it at 20%. Unknown brand and could do all Alpine for similar at the MSRP price. Plus I would have a sub.
MB Quart isn't exactly an unknown brand and I'd take it any day of the week over Alpine.

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Anyone with the OEM Alpine install the non-amp kit, the one with the replacement speakers only? Getting distortion from the 6x9 speakers. MB Quart sent me the additional harness required to also hook up the tweeter wires. The harness still needed to be spliced into the original harness provided with the kit. One would've thought that MB Quart would send a Y-harness instead, so that no splicing would be required. On the harness I received, I noticed that the polarity for the tweeter would be reversed from the connector. So, I spliced it in reverse. Tried changing polarity and am still getting distortion. there's no distortion if I don't use the tweeter wires and go with the original instructions that specify to only use the mid wire. However, the 6x9 isn't getting the full range signal without the tweeter connection.

Figured I'd ask here before reaching out to MB Quart. When I contacted them about sending me the tweeter connector, they told me they haven't actually tested their replacement speakers on a Jeep with the OEM Alpine system and factory amp.
What exactly are you splicing? MB Quart sent me what was essentially a Metra 72-7902 harness only it was built to keep correct polarity. That harness was plug and play.
Sponsored