First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
I may or may not have vibration. But my music is too loud to hear. Like Bob Weir said: "If you get confused, listen to music play." Thus, I'm no longer confused where any noises come from. Except when the top is down and doors are off on the highway, I can't not hear the semi next to me.
Sponsored

OP
OP
kobejo34

kobejo34

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
When I say at 68+ MPH its loud I mean you cant even hear the radio at 30. Now its bearable and I will try to get it to sound like the left side (silent). Hell I drove a 1994 Honda accord with 3 cylinders for 6 months and compensated accordingly. Most things dont bother me unless the Jeep wont start, paint turned yellow, or TPMS completely goes out :). I'll see if I can record it and get the full effect. The passenger pillar is 300x loser than the left and I don't have the gumption to explain that to the dealership.

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
When I say at 68+ MPH its loud I mean you cant even hear the radio at 30. Now its bearable and I will try to get it to sound like the left side (silent). Hell I drove a 1994 Honda accord with 3 cylinders for 6 months and compensated accordingly. Most things dont bother me unless the Jeep wont start, paint turned yellow, or TPMS completely goes out :). I'll see if I can record it and get the full effect. The passenger pillar is 300x loser than the left and I don't have the gumption to explain that to the dealership.
Damn. If you can't hear the radio at volume 30, that's definitely a problem. And that, I will not defend. Jeeping without music is like s#x without moaning.

OP
OP
kobejo34

kobejo34

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Look up under the top rear crossbar. There's a flexible wire/tube there (can't remember what for) that's supposed to be zip tied to the crossbar. The zip tie can slide sideways and create opportunity for the wire/tube to slap against the bar. Loud as s***. Move the zip tie back or add another and the sound is gone.

Ok I was finally able to drive with wife in the Jeep with me. She identified the flexible tube flapping (just as you said) that goes to the soft top rear release handle. Velcro strips did the trick.

After two or three trips the cable came out in other places so I just velcroed four different spots in between the plastic clips. I think if they spent $.04 on the clips instead of $.02 they would have worked from the factory

O well a $2 fix......

Thanks for your help @liquids

Sponsored

J.boyd919

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL
Ok I was finally able to drive with wife in the Jeep with me. She identified the flexible tube flapping (just as you said) that goes to the soft top rear release handle. Velcro strips did the trick.

After two or three trips the cable came out in other places so I just velcroed four different spots in between the plastic clips. I think if they spent $.04 on the clips instead of $.02 they would have worked from the factory

O well a $2 fix......

Thanks for your help @liquids
Can you post a picture where you placed the Velcro?

OP
OP
kobejo34

kobejo34

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Can you post a picture where you placed the Velcro?
I don’t have the top on right now but your I’ll see little white clips all along the cable that releases the softtop. Just put a strip of Velcro near each one.
Sponsored