Sponsored

New 2021 Horrible Experience. Does FCA Even Care?

kmmn

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 80th Anniversary EcoDiesel, 2013 JK Sport & 2014 JK Sport
Did you get new tires an/or wheels? If so, swap them with the Tires and wheels from your son's Jeep to eliminate that variable
Sponsored

Mthayeck

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S Unlimited
Did you get new tires an/or wheels? If so, swap them with the Tires and wheels from your son's Jeep to eliminate that variable
I was thinking the same thing... Sometimes a shifted belt in a tire, even if new can cause a pull. Even if you didn't replace the tires and they are the ones from the factory I would try and swap the left side tires to the right both front and back and see if the pull goes away or changes to a pull to the right.

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
Dude you are in Michigan, it is like the home of FCA, or at least the C part of FCA. They should take care of it.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Keep in mind this is a 2021.
:mad:

The pulling to the left is due to an improper lift install. Did the dealer provide you with a breakout of all the parts used for the lift? Did they seat the wheels in the tires correctly? Recenter the axle?

There is no excuse for the door not shutting properly from the factory.

Before you pursue the buyback process, go to the dealer’s sales floor and have one of the sales people provide you with how much they’re willing to give you for it. Make sure their appraisal is done after the their test drive.

These guys are usually very critical and find problems with vehicles in order to decrease their trade in value. Find out what they’ll be willing to give you for it and see if it’s worth it to sell back to them and start over or pursue the lemon law and start over.

NotMyHubbysJeep

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4-door Bright White 2021
I mean, buying a new 'expensive' vehicle, its a lost art, the dealerships dont seem to give a d@&m.

Im in Utah - and have also had a negative experience (not as bad as yours).
Ordered 04/01 took delivery 05/18. 2021 Bright White 4 Door JLU Sport S 2.0 turbo, auto transmission, premium audio, winter package, sky one touch roof, black and tan cloth interior.
1. first day to come pickup 05/17 it had 36 miles on it. AND the back seat had noticable black stains. The bag for the two back quarter windows was across the seat hiding the stains. Glad I moved the bag. As well as a stain on the front drivers seat. Makes me question did it go for a test drive?
2. Left the vehicle at the dealership, returned the next day 05/18. 50 miles on the jeep now. Were in Salt Lake City - the excuse of driving to get gas, doesnt fly. Back seats were clean and acceptable. Front seat was not. Salesman tried to pull off "you can barely see the stain now". I can still see a slight stain, this is a brand freakin new jeep. After a few hours and talking with the Sales Manager, they decided to order a new replacement seat cover from the factory. I took the vehicle home.
3. Two days later 05/20 - received a text from salesmen saying "hey man, sorry but the sirius and all the unconnect is still in Demo Mode, and can you please fill out this 'new car' checklist and return it to me asap. Checklist - happened to be a survey as well (fcaperformanceinstitute.....). All the questions, my salesman showed me this, we walked through that, etc etc etc. It was great I had the opportunity to give the dealership a survey review they deserved. "1" (10 being great) The dealership did not show me connected services, did not show me features, my vehicle was not delivered clean inside and out, I was not introduced to the service manager. You get the idea.

Any how, yesterday I walked through all the steps to complete my accounts, sirius, 4G LTE, Uconnect, etc. etc. Still not sure if Im out of demo mode (think Im still in it, because I cannot pull up weather for my location...just shows like 8 other big cities.)

Any ways, SUPER happy I took delivery. I ABSOLUTELY love this jeep. But I would NEVER recommend this dealership.

Sponsored

Walker Texas Wrangler

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgsolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Rubicon, Previous: '99 TJ Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Any how, yesterday I walked through all the steps to complete my accounts, sirius, 4G LTE, Uconnect, etc. etc. Still not sure if Im out of demo mode (think Im still in it, because I cannot pull up weather for my location...just shows like 8 other big cities.)
I don't think the weather for your location is wrong. I don't even have Houston as an option. The choice of cities is very lacking.

dietch

First Name
Davis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sport S
To be honest I can't imagine the mental state that you must be in, this is so frustrating. It is also very concerning that probably every day there is now a post on this forum with a 2020-21 model year purchaser have numerous factory issues. I just don't have any words for the quality control that is currently coming out of FCA along with the the terrible dealership service that has been reported.

Almost makes me want to wait a few more years before trading in my 2018 JL.

OP
OP

grokshot

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unilimited Rubicon
Sounds like they need to return it to stock and see how it handles. That will tell you if the problem is inherent in the vehicle or if it’s a problem with the lift kit or the installation. The door issue sucks. My wife’s 18 JKU had a door alignment issue when it was new. Every response I got when I complained about it was basically “It’s a Jeep, deal with it”. Eventually got it fixed but it wasn’t nearly as bad as yours
I have been trying to get in touch with the service manager today to see if this is an option. Great idea.

OP
OP

grokshot

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ask the FCA case manager to arrange an appointment at another dealership (they should have a good idea about who's service department is good and who's isn't). I don't see how a shock would make it droop and a steering stabilizer would make it pull to one side (they're dampers), so I wouldn't trust this dealership.

I would ask for similarly equipped loaner for the duration and ask what happens if it can't be resolved. (Do that before you mention the lemon law, to see what they offer... Don't give them any ammunition to use against you if it goes to court or arbitration)

Good luck and sorry you have to go through this!

It's easy to be all calm and rational, when it somebody else going through this... I'd be tempted to stand there and start yelling, but that can come back to bite you.
Being calm is definitely testing my patience. I appreciate this group very much to help with ideas and help me through this. I am going to check on another dealer as an option as soon as my case manager gets back with me. Emailed her yesterday at 4pm. Still have not heard back.

Sponsored

OP
OP

grokshot

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stock wheels and tires but swapping them is a good idea to rule them out. Thank you!

OP
OP

grokshot

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would agree with everyone that the best way forward regarding the steering is to remove the lift. Tell them to refund you the cost, return to stock and try again with a different dealer.

The paint issue sucks. I agree at this point having a body shop deal with it is best, but having to do that to a new vehicle does suck. I’m assuming that sort of thing may show up on car fax, so maybe look into some sort of diminished value compensation from Jeep or the dealer.

I had an issue with my 2018 that I bought certified pre owned that caused it to be in the shop for over 90 days. Jeepcares was pretty useless. All they seemed able to do was help expedite the delivery of the endless list of parts that didn’t solve my problem. I eventually got out because the dealer accepted it on a trade because it was still under warranty. So I got a new one.

Good luck. It sucks they have such terrible QC. Jeeps are great until you get one that’s not.
Good idea, working on getting in touch with the dealer and case manager today. Going to suggest this.

OP
OP

grokshot

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can you post some pictures of the issue with the door as well as pictures of each shock and coil (top and bottom) to see how it was installed.

A picture says a 1000 words -Pictures would assist assessing and providing advice.

Note: Do not name the dealer at this stage, they will most probably react and you do not want to end up with a separate case with them. Solve the vehicle issues first.
As soon as I get a chance to get some pictures I will share. Unfortunately between this and work I have not had a second to breathe.

OP
OP

grokshot

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You've already been more patient than I would have been. If I was in your shoes, I would have dropped the term lemon law in ever sentence out of my mouth by the time an area case manager was involved.

I know lemon laws are different from state to state, but if it's any help Texas offers three tests to see if you qualify for a lemon. Your vehicle has already failed all 3 tests. Given that your son had a good experience, I'd talk to the area manager about setting up a replacement order, including lift, through another dealership.

Here's the Texas info for reference: https://www.txdmv.gov/motorists/consumer-protection/lemon-law
Thank you.

OP
OP

grokshot

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dude you are in Michigan, it is like the home of FCA, or at least the C part of FCA. They should take care of it.
You would think...
Sponsored