Sponsored

How much below invoice on a JLU Rubicon is a great deal?

Jeepster21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Looking possibly at a 2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon that is pretty well equipped, well more like totally equipped the way it appears.

Although it's brand new and a 2020, what percent below invoice would be a good deal and what percent below invoice would be a great deal?
Sponsored

WashingtonWetWheeler

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' 6spd JLUR. UD60s & 40s
Having just gone through this I would advise that you factory order a Jeep. You can get 6-8% off invoice going that route. In stock Jeeps seems the deals are a lot harder to get. Plus you get to build the Jeep with the exact options you want. Mine is on track to be here 30 days from order too which aint half bad!

Themistocles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Ram 2500 Cummins / 20 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Looking possibly at a 2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon that is pretty well equipped, well more like totally equipped the way it appears.

Although it's brand new and a 2020, what percent below invoice would be a good deal and what percent below invoice would be a great deal?
I agree ordering is a pretty good idea.

But to answer your question...were I to get 5% below invoice I would feel like I got a decent deal. Were I to get 8% below invoice I would feel like I got a great deal. Anything over 8% would feel a bit like I won the lottery.

OP
OP
Jeepster21

Jeepster21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Cool lookat a great deal then hopefully.

I agree ordering is a pretty good idea.

But to answer your question...were I to get 5% below invoice I would feel like I got a decent deal. Were I to get 8% below invoice I would feel like I got a great deal. Anything over 8% would feel a bit like I won the lottery.

Jehovasfitness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR and '04 Z06
6-8%? is that all including 4xe?

Koons is only offering 3% right now likely in part due to chip shortage. was 5% in Jan

Sponsored

Themistocles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Ram 2500 Cummins / 20 JLURD
Build Thread
Link

Koons is only offering 3% right now likely in part due to chip shortage. was 5% in Jan
If you want to get a pretty good idea of best price in the U.S. look at Peterson Jeep in Nampa Idaho. They are not always the cheapest...but they are always pretty close. That should give you an idea of what is possible at the moment.

I looked at Koons when I bought my '20 JLURD. Peterson beat Koon's best offer by over $5k. I was right at 7% when I ordered mine from Peterson in Dec '19 before the COVID craziness. Obviously the market changes and reductions in supply without matching reductions in demand will raise prices. So it may be that those great deals of 7 and 8% below invoice just don't exist currently. But check Peterson if anyone has great deals left it is likely to be them.

GSLSE21B

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jLURD

2020 with all the issues ? They should pay you

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
Going rate at Koons is 3%, current as of May.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
If you want to get a pretty good idea of best price in the U.S. look at Peterson Jeep in Nampa Idaho. They are not always the cheapest...but they are always pretty close. That should give you an idea of what is possible at the moment.

I looked at Koons when I bought my '20 JLURD. Peterson beat Koon's best offer by over $5k. I was right at 7% when I ordered mine from Peterson in Dec '19 before the COVID craziness. Obviously the market changes and reductions in supply without matching reductions in demand will raise prices. So it may be that those great deals of 7 and 8% below invoice just don't exist currently. But check Peterson if anyone has great deals left it is likely to be them.
Gupton Motors in Springfield TN is still discounting 2021s if you order. 7%-8%. below invoice PLUS a $499 DOC fee on ordered Wranglers with a $1000 NON-REFUNDABLE deposit. The doc fee is a little high so take that into consideration. For the most part it's still currently one of the best discounts in the nation.

I emailed Danial at Gupton Motors a couple of days ago and he replied promptly. Very professonal. He said they have no plans to change their discounts. Hopefully the 2022s are discounted the same.

Their discount % below invoice on ORDERED Wranglers.
6% std disc below inv
7% with tread lightly
8% tread lightly & finance (must finance at least $10K and make 3 payments before paying off)
$499 dealer fee

[email protected]
615-384-2886

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jeepster21

Jeepster21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Good to know about Koons.

Looked there but they're inventory is minimal at this point and they couldn't even come close to what if I end up getting on a 2020.

Jehovasfitness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR and '04 Z06
Good to know about Koons.

Looked there but they're inventory is minimal at this point and they couldn't even come close to what if I end up getting on a 2020.
yeah, their inventory is usually huge, even more local dealers to me have very limited stock. not a good sign

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Some dealers are selling any in-stock Wranglers for MSRP or more. They figure they have it "now" if you "need" it. Personally I would NEVER give any dealer business if they EVER added a Additional Dealer Mark Up. I will not even consider them for ANY future purchases.

Walker Texas Wrangler

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgsolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Rubicon, Previous: '99 TJ Sahara
Build Thread
Link
I went into the latest sheet that was posted here and I came up with over 14% below invoice for a '21 JLUR that I purchased the beginning of March. BUT, there are other things to consider. They also had 2K in dealer add-ons (that I didn't include into the spreadsheet), a fair amount for my trade and financed through the dealer (and have since refinanced myself to my CU at and saved over 1.5% APR). I also had tons of options from the factory.

My point is. There are many things that go into a deal aside from just seeing how much below invoice is. It's intended to be that way. It makes it harder to compare apples to apples and works in the dealers favor, but also the buyers favor if you do your homework. I know you have been trying to figure out buying '20 vs. '21, I would normally say no on a '20 at this time in the cycle, but Jeeps really hold their value. Get what you want and enjoy it. If you really enjoy the haggling and buying experience (some people really do, not me) than keep on grinding for a deal, but make sure you know what your bottom line is.
Sponsored