Half Doors

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Will these be able to come with proximity entry as well?
Sponsored

AllMoparParts.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
We can make that happen, My build sheet currently includes the full option harnesses since they are about the same price.

- Benny

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
So roughly 4000 for the two door all in and shipped! then they have to be painted so probably another 500 conservatively guessing! Yeah too rich for me ...but maybe on the next order.

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
Front doors + interior trim parts list is complete. Cost will be around $2,500 for these before shipping. I am working on the Rear sets now.

Thanks,
- Benny
How much of these doors reuse pieces from the full door? I mean, if I'm gonna do this, I'm not taking them off, so, I don't need to keep my full doors intact. I'm thinking lock cylinders, mirrors, handles, latches, hinges gotta all be the same... That's gotta knock quite a bit off the parts list, yeah? I just need the inner and outer skins and whatever structural/fastener bits to hold it all together + uppers.

AllMoparParts.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
How much of these doors reuse pieces from the full door? I mean, if I'm gonna do this, I'm not taking them off, so, I don't need to keep my full doors intact. I'm thinking lock cylinders, mirrors, handles, latches, hinges gotta all be the same... That's gotta knock quite a bit off the parts list, yeah? I just need the inner and outer skins and whatever structural/fastener bits to hold it all together + uppers.

We are not going to offer kits in all the variations that people ask for as there would be way too many options. The pricing we mentioned is for a kit that would keep your full doors intact. There are quite a number of parts that are shared. Here is the list of parts we have compiled thus far without the uppers or interior panels

DescriptionPart #Qty
Front Half Door Components
Left Front Door68284733AA1
Right Front Door68284732AA1
Left Upper Hinge68302125AC1
Right Upper Hinge68302124AC1
Left Lower Hinge68297681AC1
Right Lower Hinge68297680AD1
Bolts for Hinges6512030AA8
Door Checks68297663AC2
Nuts for Door Check6513127AA4
Footman Loop55397012AA2
Footman Loop Screws6512353AA4
Left & Right Handle68282348AC2
Left & Right Handle Caps68307271AD2
Handle Gaskets68282354AB2
Left Door Handle Bracket68282353AE1
Right Door Handle Bracket68282352AF1
L/Handle to Latch Link68301933AB1
R/Handle to Latch Link68301932AB1
Cylinder to Latch link68301931AB1
Left Door Latch68282955AB1
Right Door Latch68282954AB1
Left Presenter Latch
Right Presenter Latch
Left Presenter Chassis
Right Presenter Chassis
Handle to Latch Cable68375783AA2
Inside Lock Cable68375782AA2
Clip Kit68078076AA1
Baffle68395804AA2
Door Lock Cylinder68384449AB2
Lock Cylinder Retainer68282746AB 2
Left Door Harness68299333AF1
Right Door Harness68299332AF1

- Benny

Last edited:

Sponsored

El Jefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Hey Benny - thanks for all the research to pull this together. I've got a Gecko 2-door on order (which can't have half doors) so am interested in ordering when you're ready. Couple of questions though:
-Is there a Right lower hinge?
-Are L&R Door lock cylinders the same?

Thanks again

AllMoparParts.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Hey Benny - thanks for all the research to pull this together. I've got a Gecko 2-door on order (which can't have half doors) so am interested in ordering when you're ready. Couple of questions though:
-Is there a Right lower hinge?
-Are L&R Door lock cylinders the same?

Thanks again

Good catch, I added it above as well

Yes it must use the same as only one part # cylinder is listed, You will also need

Lock Cylinder Retainer68282746AB2

El Jefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Good catch, I added it above as well

Yes it must use the same as only one part # cylinder is listed, You will also need

Lock Cylinder Retainer68282746AB2
Perfect. Thanks. Will probably order in sections, get the parts painted, then order more when ready to assemble. Are you planning to offer a complete kit, or just the pieces as listed? It's going to take some careful study of the parts diagram to get it all together the right way.

LMK when you get the rest filled in & get the uppers on there too. I'm still not sure what the difference is between regular uppers & premium uppers - unless premium is the twill fabric like the premium soft top.

Thanks again Benny.

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Premium is twill. The non twill uppers will probably be white in the inside like the tops.

Sponsored

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
You mentioned this kit would use parts form current doors. Are you making a kit that is a totally separate set of doors? I want half's for my soft top and full for winter and hardtop.

Also any idea when the kit will be available to order?

El Jefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Hey Benny - how are you coming along? I want to start buying parts soon - starting with the ones that need paint.

Besides these 4 parts below - are there any other parts missing?

Left Presenter Latch
Right Presenter Latch
Left Presenter Chassis
Right Presenter Chassis

Thanks

Jeff

El Jefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Hey Benny - any update on the above?

Also - for those of you ordering these across the parts counter - how are you painting the hinges & bolts? I'm anticipating:

-Painting doors
-Painting hinges
-Painting bolt heads

Then assembling. Do I need to leave the hinge countersink area bare? Or will the bolt still sit flush if the whole hinge is painted? (I'd really prefer to paint everything except the hinge pins)

Barely Krawlified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I’m following this thread and two things come to mind:

1. Thank goodness for and kudos to the many fine forum members who are devoting their time, energy and labor toward this project. This appears to be a Herculean task but step by step you folks keep chipping away at this. Hats off…

2. Jeep/FCA should absolutely be ashamed of themselves for leaving current JL owners in the lurch on half doors. Rather than make half doors available for purchase as a stand-alone “performance” part via the parts department at your local dealership they require their customers to first identify and then (literally) piece together the various components themselves. Oh yeah, want those to color match your JL? You’ll be shelling out even more to the paint shop you find. That’s an awfully weak play from Jeep and a big missed business opportunity to siphon more money from the JL’s early adopters.

El Jefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
I’m following this thread and two things come to mind:

1. Thank goodness for and kudos to the many fine forum members who are devoting their time, energy and labor toward this project. This appears to be a Herculean task but step by step you folks keep chipping away at this. Hats off…

2. Jeep/FCA should absolutely be ashamed of themselves for leaving current JL owners in the lurch on half doors. Rather than make half doors available for purchase as a stand-alone “performance” part via the parts department at your local dealership they require their customers to first identify and then (literally) piece together the various components themselves. Oh yeah, want those to color match your JL? You’ll be shelling out even more to the paint shop you find. That’s an awfully weak play from Jeep and a big missed business opportunity to siphon more money from the JL’s early adopters.
I would expect folks like Quadratec would piece together kits sometime soon. But I agree with you.
Sponsored