Sponsored

Reality Check for this Jeeper

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
I just bought a new BMW last week - and I am amazed at how little community there is online with forums. Barely any activity - and most people just complaining about CarPlay.

I get that Jeeps are more like Lego and you can build your own if you like - but...

This forum has spoiled me and I come back every day for exactly what you mentioned.
Which is exactly why people should take the issues forum here with a grain of salt. Ignoring the fact a Wrangler will be prone to minor issues because of it’s purpose no other vehicle would, it’s ownership is largely enthusiasts who truly care for their vehicle. The type of people who will nitpick and notice if something is wrong even if minor. The typical Jeep Wrangler is unlike any other mass produced car today.

OP, in my experience franchises can be hit or miss. Good or bad, anecdontal experiences don’t really matter to me. The Jeep dealership I bought my JL was great. The one I got the V41 recall done at was great. In contrast, my local Jeep dealer is awful and is the epitome of everything that’s wrong with the car sales industry. You just don’t know what you’re walking into when entering a dealership.

I’ve read on here how great Toyota dealerships are but then read through /cars on Reddit and Toyota dealerships are scathed. Point being you just don’t know with dealerships and it’s not exclusive to any brand.

Shaved Ice

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
My wife is on her third Land Rover: LR4 then two Range Rovers. The Knoxville dealership is great for sales and service.

ITGuy

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Land Rover dealers won’t even take a Land Rover in trade unless it’s under warranty here in CA, for what it’s worth.

OP
OP
Jjirish

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Just curious, what dealer? I keep my Jeep in Florida, usually in the pan handle section or central. I have yet to service it, but would like a good dealer to bring it to. Unfortunately, no dealer could earn my business to purchase in Florida. I wasn't willing to pay large dealer fees or all the snake oil stuff they wanted to add while be extremely pushy.
New Smyrna has a very laid back vibe and service has been top notch. They are my go to for servicing. Bought the 2020jl rubi there too. Daytona has its own mod garage and Jeff is who you want to contact for that stuff or ideas or jeep issues, he has a wealth of personal knowledge and is a fun guy to brainstorm with. I bought my 18 jlu recon and 2019 jlu rubi from them.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jjirish

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Land Rover dealers won’t even take a Land Rover in trade unless it’s under warranty here in CA, for what it’s worth.
And I wont be the owner once its out if warranty lol.

OP
OP
Jjirish

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
So... what was she saying in her post? I saw "angry grill" and stopped
So... what was she saying in her post? I saw "angry grill" and stopped reading.
Oh sweetie, dont worry your lil head about what I wrote. I dont get along with guys that finish early.

(Laugh. Its a joke karen).

OP
OP
Jjirish

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
So... what was she saying in her post? I saw "angry grill" and stopped reading.
But yeah... the grille isnt my taste. And I couldnt get the one with the light bar... Thankfully the grille isnt so noticable when on a black jeep.

Screenshot_20210520-111323_Chrome.jpg

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
But yeah... the grille isnt my taste. And I couldnt get the one with the light bar... Thankfully the grille isnt so noticable when on a black jeep.
My sister wants to put angry eyes on her Jeep along with a bulbar and lights... She has FWD Renegade, I would be angry too.

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
My sister wants to put angry eyes on her RENEGADE along with a bulbar and lights... She has FWD Renegade, I would be angry too.
I fixed your post... your sister doesn't have a Jeep. I told my sister I would disown her when she was looking at vehicles with the Jeep logo that weren't Wranglers.

OP
OP
Jjirish

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Touche. I always enjoy the responses from angry grill enablers... lol.
Enabler huh??? I pick my battles with this child. The force is strong within her.... maybe she is actually a hella genius and knows I will borrow her jeep a lot less if I dont like it. 🤔 hmmmm.... nah shes a first time jeepers... she doesn't know any better. Or maybe its subconscious! She did play angry birds as a child!

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
I fixed your post... your sister doesn't have a Jeep. I told my sister I would disown her when she was looking at vehicles with the Jeep logo that weren't Wranglers.
Meh, she had a "momentary" relapse on painkillers and hit the back of a truck with her old Prius on I4 coming home from work. Bad credit and $1,000 in the bank (case of get me approved and rip me off), I will say it's slightly nicer then the Journey she was eyeing... I wasn't willing to cosign, even if it met she looses her job due to lack of transportation. But certainly better than any buy here pay here option and slightly less embarrassing to ride in then a Prius.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Meh, she had a "momentary" relapse on painkillers and hit the back of a truck with her old Prius on I4 coming home from work. Bad credit and $1,000 in the bank (case of get me approved and rip me off), I will say it's slightly nicer then the Journey she was eyeing... I wasn't willing to cosign, even if it met she looses her job due to lack of transportation. But certainly better than any buy here pay here option and slightly less embarrassing to ride in then a Prius.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
My family life is like a Dr Phil and Jerry Springer episodes... I am the "normal" one in the middle wondering where everything went wrong.
Sponsored