Sponsored

Tudor97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Has anyone thats ordered a Gecko gone into D1 status yet?
My dealer sounded less than confident when we talked to him today about getting our gecko anytime soon. He hinted that if find another suitable color or 2021 available we should go that route. I am really torn on what I want to do.
Sponsored

Sponsored

PacNWJLGecko

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
My dealer sounded less than confident when we talked to him today about getting our gecko anytime soon. He hinted that if find another suitable color or 2021 available we should go that route. I am really torn on what I want to do.
Honestly, do they really even know? They don't seem to be privy to much more information than can be gotten from FCA chat. If its the one you want, what is a little bit of a wait?

The one I ordered is a third "fun" vehicle for me and my wife. Obviously I would rather have it sooner, but I can wait.

Tudor97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Honestly, do they really even know? They don't seem to be privy to much more information than can be gotten from FCA chat. If its the one you want, what is a little bit of a wait?

The one I ordered is a third "fun" vehicle for me and my wife. Obviously I would rather have it sooner, but I can wait.
I doubt it. I get conflicting answers from everyone so at this point im unsure myself. I don't like waiting and we only have one car currently so the sooner the better works for me.

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
Bummed to hear that. My dealer isn't sure what's going on either, I dont understand why they would make it able to be ordered and then not build them.

PacNWJLGecko

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Bummed to hear that. My dealer isn't sure what's going on either, I dont understand why they would make it able to be ordered and then not build them.
Take heart, it'll get built, eventually! Just be patient. Gecko has to be one of the most unique colors out there. I've done a lot of looking around for the colors I want. There aren't many.

Sponsored

El Jefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
The Gecko orders are progressing through the build sequence. Just because the dealer can't predict the exact date doesn't mean diddly. And we know from the one unit that arrived that the Gecko paint is already IN the factory!

I agree w/ the comment above. Just not any really interesting other colors available. You have 50 shades of gray, the red & yellow that everyone has done for years, and a bizarre snazzberry. Nothing cool like Gecko.

Just do it. It'll show up. I mean, unless you're walking to work & need wheels right now!

Cazadores

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JK, 2017 JKU Sahara, 2020 Firecracker Willys,
Time to order one before Gecko goes away.
The alpine is worth it - everybody except those who put in $5000 stereos think so. (My unofficial poll!)
The CAI? I figure if it really helped performance & efficiency, it would be in at the factory. my 2 cents....
I know it's time, but I'm comfortable I'll make it to at least the end of the week ;) Just juggling the value of the front end camera and other silly add ons....the camera and t&Ă· screen are what....another 1100 bucks over the Alpine alone?

El Jefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
I know it's time, but I'm comfortable I'll make it to at least the end of the week ;) Just juggling the value of the front end camera and other silly add ons....the camera and t&Ă· screen are what....another 1100 bucks over the Alpine alone?
Yeah, about that. I figure if I’m spending this much on a vehicle it better scratch my back. $1100 on a $50k vehicle is rounding error. IMHO.

Cazadores

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JK, 2017 JKU Sahara, 2020 Firecracker Willys,
Yeah, about that. I figure if I’m spending this much on a vehicle it better scratch my back. $1100 on a $50k vehicle is rounding error. IMHO.
Let me feign responsible. At least for a week. The real struggle is cloth or leather?