Sponsored

2nd time out, 2021 diesel more issues , Round two!

Bobbys

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Ok so the last thread was locked and it should of been it was way off topic.

Just as a follow up...... sigh those skeptical of the fuses were right to be

The jeep is in the dealer now. I took it out again yesterday and the first bump i hit, it all started again.
Checked the fuses and they were all fine.

Power cycled the jeep and it wouldn't go away. Kept driving for the day and it shut off then came back then shut off then came back about 5 times

Got home last night and they were all off. Its at the dealer now.
I'm sure they will NEVER find it. It will be a total waste of my day. Not sure what to do now

PLEASE KEEP THIS THREAD ON TOPIC IN REGARDS TO THE TECHNICAL PROBLEM AT HAND.
thanks
Sponsored

Last edited:
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep wrangler rubicon diesel
Hey, I have a 2021 JLUR-D as well. I've experienced the same issue actually. So originally, I thought the same about the fuses as I heard about that being a thing on here. I took it into my dealer to he sure because after I did the fuses I hit a pothole and the same happened again, however it knocked my tpms out too and wouldn't reset. Took it in, they found that over the rear axle there was an pair of exposed wires from a wiring harness that were touching and causing the short (or so they suspected). So they replaced the harness (under warranty) the tpms came back on. No issues since....fast forward a few months, I was out yesterday bombing down a logging road, hit a bump. Warning lights lit up like a Christmas tree again.... Not sure what the problem could be. It cleared off after I parked and left the jeep overnight and took it out today, no issues. But I may need to take it in again. I'll keep an eye on this thread, but if you come across an answer I'd love to hear about it!

Side note question too, I noticed you have the fabfour stubby bumper, I want to purchase it myself. Do you find that it (with the winch on) obstructs the front facing camera dramatically? I've looked all over and the salesman says "absolutely not"... Just curious what you think of it.

OP
OP

Bobbys

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Hey, I have a 2021 JLUR-D as well. I've experienced the same issue actually. So originally, I thought the same about the fuses as I heard about that being a thing on here. I took it into my dealer to he sure because after I did the fuses I hit a pothole and the same happened again, however it knocked my tpms out too and wouldn't reset. Took it in, they found that over the rear axle there was an pair of exposed wires from a wiring harness that were touching and causing the short (or so they suspected). So they replaced the harness (under warranty) the tpms came back on. No issues since....fast forward a few months, I was out yesterday bombing down a logging road, hit a bump. Warning lights lit up like a Christmas tree again.... Not sure what the problem could be. It cleared off after I parked and left the jeep overnight and took it out today, no issues. But I may need to take it in again. I'll keep an eye on this thread, but if you come across an answer I'd love to hear about it!

Side note question too, I noticed you have the fabfour stubby bumper, I want to purchase it myself. Do you find that it (with the winch on) obstructs the front facing camera dramatically? I've looked all over and the salesman says "absolutely not"... Just curious what you think of it.
Thanks for your thoughts. Ill let you know when i hear back today what they say

Probably nothing or something like we can duplicate the issue.

AS far as the camera goes, i get asked that a lot. Personally i find the camera totally useless. I can see crap with it anyway. It just doesn't have enough depth perception to understand how big a rock is or how steep something is so i dont care to much about the bumper because i think its just a gadget anyway.

It does obstruct the camera id say 30% You can still see a good bit but like i said i dont think the camera works well anyway.

Ill try and take a picture of my camera for you and ill post it up here later. One thing that might help is mounting the winch box off to the right. Then it would not be as bad. The bumper however is VERY nice. Super nice quality beautiful welds and prices nicely. about 500 times better then the smitty built Stryker i tried to install. That thing was crap.

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep wrangler rubicon diesel
Thanks for your thoughts. Ill let you know when i hear back today what they say

Probably nothing or something like we can duplicate the issue.

AS far as the camera goes, i get asked that a lot. Personally i find the camera totally useless. I can see crap with it anyway. It just doesn't have enough depth perception to understand how big a rock is or how steep something is so i dont care to much about the bumper because i think its just a gadget anyway.

It does obstruct the camera id say 30% You can still see a good bit but like i said i dont think the camera works well anyway.

Ill try and take a picture of my camera for you and ill post it up here later. One thing that might help is mounting the winch box off to the right. Then it would not be as bad. The bumper however is VERY nice. Super nice quality beautiful welds and prices nicely. about 500 times better then the smitty built Stryker i tried to install. That thing was crap.
Appreciate the info, I don't find I use my camera that much. Mostly for break overs just to get a better idea of what's in front or the tire tracking image I like.

As for the wiring issues/faults. I hope they give you some clarity. I'll likely be calling my dealer the next day or two. It's disconcerting that a vehicle built for offroad use is so sensitive to bumps lol

OP
OP

Bobbys

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Well the madness continues
Dealer had the jeep for two days and magically couldn’t duplicate the issues

I offered to go for a ride with them to show them and they said they didn’t have time
Wow.....

so after two days I go pick it up and drive it down a wash board road and with in 3 minutes all the lights go on again
So now I have a broken jeep and a bunch of morons at a dealership

I have not even made my first payment on this thing. I am at a loss

I may be pursuing jeep to buy this vehicle back I have had it with this shit

my 2008 Cherokee did this and it was 10 years of torture my wife’s 2010 jeep did the same thing

not sure what to do now

BA872B7D-4448-4E37-A58E-A19D511414E5.jpeg

Sponsored

Stalzie

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
File a complaint with Jeep Customer Care. You can even send them a message on Facebook to get it started. They will have a factory representative get in contact with you and the dealer on next steps.

2500 hd

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR.
I would certainly be pissed as well.
It probably has nothing to do with the diesel part of it, just a short somewhere.
I wish you the best..

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
File a complaint with Jeep Customer Care. You can even send them a message on Facebook to get it started. They will have a factory representative get in contact with you and the dealer on next steps.
The only shocking thing about this situation is that OP had this problem twice previously with FCA vehicles...and yet OP gave it another try. An apparent loose connection somewhere...exasperating....

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
You don’t have to go to Facebook to contact FCA. @JeepCares is right here on this forum.

FCCinAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392XR
I had a 2020 JLURD that had problems from day 1 with failed DEF pump, changed fuse block, and finally an ECU but the CEL light kept coming back threatening the 250 mile shut off. I would let my son drive it to school because it would always happen after. I didn’t dare take it off road. Long story short, just after the lemon buy back deal was finalized, the dealer checked the wire harness and found a pin connected by a single strand of copper wire with less than the specified volts. Turns out my son went over a bunch of speed bumps at less than cautious speed and that was enough to trigger the faults. I think that fixed the problem because it ran flawlessly before the buyback with better mpg and power, but my trust was broken. i still think the diesel is the best engine ever for the Jeep and when I miss it too much, I’ll probably jump in and get another one.

Have your dealer check the wiring harness. Good luck.

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Well the madness continues
Dealer had the jeep for two days and magically couldn’t duplicate the issues

I offered to go for a ride with them to show them and they said they didn’t have time
Wow.....

so after two days I go pick it up and drive it down a wash board road and with in 3 minutes all the lights go on again
So now I have a broken jeep and a bunch of morons at a dealership

I have not even made my first payment on this thing. I am at a loss

I may be pursuing jeep to buy this vehicle back I have had it with this shit

my 2008 Cherokee did this and it was 10 years of torture my wife’s 2010 jeep did the same thing

not sure what to do now

Jeep Wrangler JL 2nd time out, 2021 diesel more issues , Round two! BA872B7D-4448-4E37-A58E-A19D511414E5
You don’t have to go to Facebook to contact FCA. @JeepCares is right here on this forum.
Thanks for tagging us here, Stalzie and aldo98229!

We would be happy to help you out with your concerns, Bobbys! Send us a private message with more details and we can get started.

Kate
Jeep Cares

OP
OP

Bobbys

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
I sent you a message

OP
OP

Bobbys

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Contacted Jeep cares lol is that a joke? That they call them selves "jeepcares" Cant be bothered to even return a call or offer any assistance. The dealer it was at actually had the balls to tell me "well you didnt buy it here so we dont have to offer our best service to you"
LOL WHAT!!! I almost fell off my damn chair when the dipshit service guy said that to me.

Think im done with this POS. Jeep can have it back. Will be executing my states lemon law on this hunk of crap and they can have it back.

Here is something American car manufactures should get into their heads.

In 2003 when the Rubicon came out, a fully loaded one was $25k.

Adjusted for inflation, that is $35k today.

Now somehow magically my Jeep Rubicon cost literally 2 times that.

So don't tell me its because of inflation, its not. Its because American manufactures are greedy and have to fly corporate jets to bail out sessions. THERE IS NO REASON why a jeep should could $65k + other then greed.

If you want to charge people a high price for a car that's cool but it better be a well built vehicle with wonderful engineering and great manufacturing processes. Neither of which this Jeep represents. I have owned a lot of really expensive cares in my life and never in my life have I seen a premium vehicle sold at a premium price have the issues that people talk about on the internet.

This thing has turned out to be nothing but lipstick on a pig sold at a premium price.
Dropping this POS off at the dealer and leaving it there.

It does not even have plates nor have i made a payment on it yet and this is the crap im in for?
No thanks. Returned..... Ill build a custom buggy without a single jeep part on it and have twice the fun and it wont break and it wont cost me $70k.

lol @JeepCares lol ..... joke

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
As a long-time Jeep owner, I can’t argue against anything the OP says above.

Perhaps, the only thing I’d point out is that a 2003 Rubicon didn’t have 4 doors, a diesel engine, an 8-speed automatic transmission, swaybar disconnect, 33-inch tires, LED lights, leather seats, navigation, remote start, proximity locks, heated seats and steering wheel.

Besides that, everything else is spot-on.

Last edited:

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
As a long-time Jeep owner, I can’t argue against anything the OP says above.

Perhaps, the only thing I’d point out is that a 2003 Rubicon didn’t have 4 doors, a diesel engine, an 8-speed automatic transmission, swaybar disconnect, 33-inch tires, LED lights, leather seats, navigation, remote start, proximity locks, heated seats and steering wheel.

Besides that, everything else is spot-on.
I'm also pretty sure my base model 2 door Rubicon is more loaded then a 2003 Rubicon. I also paid $37,500 for it, so it's about on par with inflation it seems... I am having my own problems, thankfully not mechanical. But I haven't received my MCO so I can get it titled and it's been over 2 months now. Dealer won't return my inquires... Seems like these dealers don't know anything about customer service, so hope I don't have to fight them over a lemon.
Sponsored