Sponsored

Help! I am thinking of selling my customized 2021 JLU so I can buy the 392. Where do I sell it for profit?

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
Seems like the Hemi Swap is the best choice here, if a Hemi is a must have option. Allocate an additional $30k for Dana 60s and whatnot.

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

Two cents worth, the dealer is likely trying to force the sale by saying they aren't producing any more of them. That being said, they might be pausing production, as the ongoing IC production and supply issues is enormous.

You will never make a profit on any customized vehicle unless there is a private sale to someone wanting exactly the modifications and options you put into the build.

Sponsored

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
There is a sucker born every minute. Guys OP's sport s is clearly worth $75k, every Penny of it. Let's wish OP find that sucker and sell his sport s for $75k or even more, so he can get the 392 with ADM.

Oh, Mega Million is $515 M now, I gotta go and start day dreaming.....

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

one stupid dealer suckered me into driving 100 miles to check out a JK Sport they had listed for sale for $28k. when i got there the sales guy informs me that the jeep was seriously modded up and theyre asking $70k for it. talk about wanting to punch a salesman in the mouth! i chewed the manager out and left. bought my JL the same day elsewhere.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
It’s not my business what the OP does with his money, but if I were you @Irish Creig I would hold on to your current jeep for a while, save money, and later drop a V8 into it with a Tremec manual transmission. If such a conversion kit doesn’t exist now maybe years from now it will. It’s a win-win... you get to keep your baby that you’ve put so much thought, money, and effort into, you get a V8, you get a manual transmission, and ultimately you save money by not losing the money you’ve already invested in mods. Wait till a few years after the powertrain warranty expires just to give yourself more time to save. Maybe buy a 10 year old Prius or Corolla to commute with once you drop in that thirsty V8 and for when it’s in the shop getting built.

Oldbear

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel; 20 JL Sport S 2 door
Where can you sell a used JL with 25k in mods and make a profit? In your dreams😏, anyplace else you’ll do good to get 20 cents on the dollar for your mods. I’d say keep and enjoy what you have, unless you’ve got lots of $$ to throw away. I know I’m not a kid anymore, but really when I look at a 392 JLU my only thought is “why?” Just because you “can” do something in no way means you “should”. There is a limit to how many horses you can use, and even the 2.0 and the 3.6 have WAY more than is actually needed. “Fast Jeep” is an oxymoron, like “slow sports car”; “heavy dirt bike”; “fat supermodel”. In every case the issue is why”😏

Sponsored

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Hate to be "that one", but I don't see $25k of mods on his Jeep. It looks good though.
Honestly, I was thinking the same... I use to do upholstery in my early 20's and can't see it costing that much if it's truly custom and not Katzkin (I don't consider Katzkin custom, even if they lot select a bunch of options). I could be wrong, labor may have gone up. But I would really like to see a picture. Painting the inside of the hardtop I'm sure wasn't cheap if done professionally, $1,000 or so? Lift and tires I assume was the expensive bit.

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
Honestly, I was thinking the same... I use to do upholstery in my early 20's and can't see it costing that much if it's truly custom and not Katzkin (I don't consider Katzkin custom, even if they lot select a bunch of options). I could be wrong, labor may have gone up. But I would really like to see a picture. Painting the inside of the hardtop I'm sure wasn't cheap if done professionally, $1,000 or so? Lift and tires I assume was the expensive bit.
Lift and tires is only $5k.

This thread strikes me as the ultimate definition of the good ol "no low ballers! I know what I've got!"

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Lift and tires is only $5k.

This thread strikes me as the ultimate definition of the good ol "no low ballers! I know what I've got!"
I know the lift I am look at is about $3-4k alone, without installation (I will probably install myself). Seems like lift prices can get expensive depending on how many boxes one selects.

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
I know the lift I am look at is about $3-4k alone, without installation (I will probably install myself). Seems like lift prices can get expensive depending on how many boxes one selects.
Good point...I've got an AEV dualsport. All in was $2k. Installed. Tires are $1000-2000. Maybe he's in 4-6 for the lift and tires. Idk. I almost don't care.
Sponsored