4xe Lift Kit?

Foster174

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
I went with a Teraflex 1 inch front spacer and 1/2 spacer in the rear with 35s. I couldn’t be more happy with the look. I was originally was going to go 1.5 in the front in 1 inch in the back, but the gap was to much.

BAC45C65-F0AF-41CD-9B04-B8648FE28E28.jpeg
Sponsored

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
I have always done Spring and shock lifts on previous Wranglers, My JL Sahara i did a Rancho 3.5. This time around I really contemplated the Mopar lift and now after seeing what 1.5" provides and what I have seen of the Mopar Lift on the 4xe so far, I am glad I did not go that route, I am not seeing any additional height over the 1.5 Teraflex 1.5" . And frankly I am in the Teraflex with the Fox shocks $700 All I need to do to make mine the same as Mopar is buy the springs and replace the spacer, which at this point I will not be doing. Just though I would put that out into the ethos.

If I was do over again with 35's I would do 1.5" front and .75" rear
So assuming front and rear bumpers and winch with this - would you still run into the sway bar / shock issue you noted above? This is the direction I'm planning to go if i can ever get one ordered here.

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
I dunno man I kinda like it. The thing I've seen on 37s with 3" lift is while the top of the tire to fender space looks good, the space from the side of the tire to end of fender (and side of tire to bumper) looks too tight.

I'm getting the Mopar 2" with 35s and have no problem if mines looks like yours.

It has that look of clearly a lifted Jeep, rather than the the look of a Jeep with big Tires, if you understand what I'm saying
Just to clarify, my picture is showing 37's with the 2.5 inch Teraflex. Sorry for the poor angle on this picture.

20210518_183506.jpg

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
So assuming front and rear bumpers and winch with this - would you still run into the sway bar / shock issue you noted above? This is the direction I'm planning to go if i can ever get one ordered here.
If anything the added weight would lower the Wrangler reducing the need for this. The main issue is the rear which is slightly impacted from the larger spare and in my case the slipstream enclosure. This is not a big deal just glad I found it can can correct. Just have the swap the Sway bar links from 9" to 11.5" (about $70 and 20 min install) problem is no one has sway bar links in stock unless you want to spend double and buy adjustable

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I just spoke to Teraflex they are now saying they do not endorse their lifts on the 4xe and probably will not for a couple months. I called them to discuss this problem of needed longer swaybar lints on the 1.5" spacer lift as well as find out status of longer sway bar links availability for which they have NO idea when they will have any for sale (they are on indefinite backorder it appears). Frustrating as I called Teraflex prior to installing my lift and they said no problem will work just fine. Now they are saying that the 4xe is a whole different animal and is going to require quite some time in R&D before they have a lift spacer or spring for the 4xe. With that said this is an easy fix just add longer sway bar links, problem with that all the manufactures are out of them with No supply in sight...

Warning this is likely something you will not notice when installing the lift by itself as you are not flexing the axle with the shocks attached so you would not find this problem until you were out on the trail or changing a tire where you would likely damage your shock with full flex or jacking up to remove a tire.

Sponsored

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
I just spoke to Teraflex they are now saying they do not endorse their lifts on the 4xe and probably will not for a couple months. I called them to discuss this problem of needed longer swaybar lints on the 1.5" spacer lift as well as find out status of longer sway bar links availability for which they have NO idea when they will have any for sale (they are on indefinite backorder it appears). Frustrating as I called Teraflex prior to installing my lift and they said no problem will work just fine. Now they are saying that the 4xe is a whole different animal and is going to require quite some time in R&D before they have a lift spacer or spring for the 4xe. With that said this is an easy fix just add longer sway bar links, problem with that all the manufactures are out of them with No supply in sight...

Warning this is likely something you will not notice when installing the lift by itself as you are not flexing the axle with the shocks attached so you would not find this problem until you were out on the trail or changing a tire where you would likely damage your shock with full flex or jacking up to remove a tire.
Yeah due to liability all the manufacturers are saying this. Basically saying they need corporate approval first so they don't get blamed for some electrical issue. So right now the only official approved lift is the Mopar one.

Having same issue with AMP Research power Steps, no one is willing to install until AMP says it's compatible.

moments.by.ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe

Yeah, this was honestly one reason why I said we need to confirm this 1" issue as soon as possible, so that the 4xe crowd could be aware of this. I got a tad bit of flack (jk) for posting too much about it, but it's pretty important to know this going in for those that are going to do spacer lifts.

Per other people who had gone before me (including you, thank you), I straight out-of-the-gate planned for my spacers to end up being 1" higher than spec'd when installed. So I actually bought a Teraflex 2.5" JL 2-door kit that has everything the 4-door kit has, except the front spacer is 2.0" for the 2-door, not 3". It has all the bump stops and longer swaybar links I need included in the kit. I won't use the 2.5" rear spacer, and instead will be installing two stacked 0.5" spacers in the rear. This should effectively give me a '3"/2" lift' - then with front bumper and winch, I should settle to just over 2" net in front and 2" in rear (compared to a regular JLU). And while I'm under there, I'm also installing adj track bars and braces (future proof) and adj lower control arms to dial in caster.

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, this was honestly one reason why I said we need to confirm this 1" issue as soon as possible, so that the 4xe crowd could be aware of this. I got a tad bit of flack (jk) for posting too much about it, but it's pretty important to know this going in for those that are going to do spacer lifts.

Per other people who had gone before me (including you, thank you), I straight out-of-the-gate planned for my spacers to end up being 1" higher than spec'd when installed. So I actually bought a Teraflex 2.5" JL 2-door kit that has everything the 4-door kit has, except the front spacer is 2.0" for the 2-door, not 3". It has all the bump stops and longer swaybar links I need included in the kit. I won't use the 2.5" rear spacer, and instead will be installing two stacked 0.5" spacers in the rear. This should effectively give me a '3"/2" lift' - then with front bumper and winch, I should settle to just over 2" net in front and 2" in rear (compared to a regular JLU). And while I'm under there, I'm also installing adj track bars and braces (future proof) and adj lower control arms to dial in caster.
Caster was only out of spec by .5 with stock LCA's just FYI.

moments.by.ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Caster was only out of spec by .5 with stock LCA's just FYI.
Curious what your caster was? I ask because I don't plan to be in the low range of factory spec, I want to be at the high range.

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Curious what your caster was? I ask because I don't plan to be in the low range of factory spec, I want to be at the high range.
I plan on getting the LCA's I just don't need them at this very moment.

Sponsored

seannaz

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JKUR 4XE, Cyber Truck (on order...)
Vehicle Showcase
I’m excited!!! Confirmed that the refactored Mopar 2” lift is at my dealer in Arizona - ready for install. Already have 37” Nitto Ridge Grapplers - Black Rhino Arsenal wheels on there way. Should have lift and new wheels and tires installed in about a week. This will be with the Mopar 2” / Fox big body shocks, 1” spacer lift in the front, and then 37 wheel / tire combo... Will post pics once they are are on... Wish me luck!!

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It was between the Black Rhino Arsenal and Overland wheels for me.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I’m excited!!! Confirmed that the refactored Mopar 2” lift is at my dealer in Arizona - ready for install. Already have 37” Nitto Ridge Grapplers - Black Rhino Arsenal wheels on there way. Should have lift and new wheels and tires installed in about a week. This will be with the Mopar 2” / Fox big body shocks, 1” spacer lift in the front, and then 37 wheel / tire combo... Will post pics once they are are on... Wish me luck!!
You may want to reconsider that added 1" spacer on the front as the Mopar lift takes care of the front rake as it is a leveling kit and even if you do have a steel bumper and winch that is at most .75" total, you will probably be front end high which is not a good look. The Mopar Lift typically adds about 3" to the front and that 1" spacer will put you at 4" which historically require a longer Drive shaft (typically over 3.5" lift) At most I would do a 1/2" spacer on the front. You can always add a spacer later, it is a easy install...

Boondoggler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
I confirmed today that the 4xe (confirmed at least for Rubicon) does indeed sit approx 1" higher from the factory. I went to my local dealer (not where I got my 4xe from) who has numerous (and most of them green, lol) JLURs on their lot. They all measure ~23" at the lower part, and ~23.5" at the arrow in my previous pic. There were two 4xe Rubicons on their lot both customer orders, and one was in the service bay getting prep'd for delivery. They measured ~24" / ~24.5" respectively at those two points above, just like yours above. The wandering salesman who was interested in why I had a tape measure in my hand said that they had already determined that the 4xe sits higher the first time they parked a customer's 4xe delivery next to another customer's regular JLUR delivery, and since that it's become "common knowledge".
Went to my dealership today and while I was there, measured at least 4 JLUR 4xe w/ stock bumpers and tires (ko2). Noticed an interesting trend; all the fronts measured 1/2 inch taller than the rears. They were consistently 24.5" (front) and 24" (rear) - measured to the same spot on the fender. This makes sense due to the placement of the battery on the 4xe. So this begs the question of whether it makes sense to swap the spacers of the spacer lift kits and put the taller spacer in the rear....especially for overlanders and car campers who will mostly be adding weight to the rear of the Jeep. Where might I be going wrong with this line of thought?

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didn't ask which way but I can ask for you.
Sponsored