Sponsored

FinnCustomKnives

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon Ecodiesel
But before any of that, CA buyers are spending 9k below sticker price between the federal PHEV tax credit and the Cali CCFR.
Not for nothing, but we got our diesel 7 grand(12.9%) off MSRP and it didn't require any liability of taxpayers. Shop for a good deal, don't settle, and don't expect your neighbor to subsidize your vehicle purchase. 👍
Sponsored

T Town

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
To shed some light on the buying decision I’ll tell you about my situation.
Currently I’m waiting for a van to be manufactured so I’m not in the market for a 4x4. In a few years though…
I’m looking at the Bronco and hope by that time they will offer a similar setup. I had wanted to get an electric car for around town sometime after taking delivery of the van but I see that this hybrid could fill that roll.
I commute currently on a bus and I’ll be retired by that point anyway so my 8 mile one way commute is not the focus. I live in Seattle and NEVER leave the city unless I’m doing something fun outdoors. So a Bronco that is all electric around town will fill the e-car role and I’ll have an awesome off roader when I want it.
Makes perfect sense to me. Two cars in one.

Ratiogear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
Because 4xes can't be bought at below MSRP? Most people who are driving them now ordered below MSRP as well. I ordered late to the party (April 30th after hemming and hawing for a couple months) and I got 4% below MSRP.

If you just get affiliates-1%, you're already 5% below MSRP. And 9000$ is almost 20% of the price of the car.

But yea, reducing my own tax liability=my neighbors paying for it. You do you and I'll avoid taking ideological stands against the scary EVs.

FinnCustomKnives

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon Ecodiesel
Because 4xes can't be bought at below MSRP? Most people who are driving them now ordered below MSRP as well. I ordered late to the party (April 30th after hemming and hawing for a couple months) and I got 4% below MSRP.

If you just get affiliates-1%, you're already 5% below MSRP. And 9000$ is almost 20% of the price of the car.

But yea, reducing my own tax liability=my neighbors paying for it. You do you and I'll avoid taking ideological stands against the scary EVs.
4xe was excluded from affiliate pricing AFAIK, along with the TRX

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 4xe, 21 Supra 3.0, 21 Pacifica Hybrid
Thats not true. I got mine well under MSRP with affiliate pricing, I just bought mine in April so perhaps that’s a recent change. When it’s all said and done I paid roughly $43,000 for a Rubicon 4xe before taxes and fees, but including tax rebate. It has the safety group, premium top, proximity, cold weather package. When you consider it already has the LED light, 8.4” screen with Alpine system, etc. Then you factor in the huge HP/TQ jump. It’s considerably cheaper than the ICE version that is equipped the same. Now a lot of my commute is under 30 miles and I have access to free charging at many locations, and already have a Level 2 charger in my garage. So buying the ICE version would have cost me more money. Made no sense.

Sponsored

amprice4

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 4XE
Have you been able to get in touch with Phillip recently? I'm in NV and also ordered from him but I haven't had any luck contacting Phillip in over a week. I've tried emails, text, and calling but it's been radio silence. According to Jeep chat, my JLU arrived at Bud Clary yesterday and I need to make arrangements to fly up there or arrange for transport.
I have actually been in contact with one of his salesman. When I ordered mine, Phillip was on vacation so he passed me on to a salesman to complete the order for the price that he gave me. I haven’t talked to Phillip himself since the day that I placed the order.

If I were you, I’d call the dealership and ask to speak with the sales manager. Tell him that your Jeep has landed according to Jeep Chat and that you haven’t been able to get in touch with Phillip. I’m sure there is a very good reason that he hasn’t gotten back to you.
good luck!

Ratiogear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
I ordered April 30th and got affiliate pricing guarantee from Demontrond. I understand some of the high volume sales places with forum specials are not offering those deals anymore, but do you have a source on them no longer offering affiliates for 4xe? (Because Coons is still doing 2% or something off invoice, so I assumed that a portion of that was affiliates)

Bumps Ahead

First Name
Valerie & Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ontherocks4x4.org
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Happy Wife, Happy Life....
Vehicle Showcase
Not for nothing, but we got our diesel 7 grand(12.9%) off MSRP and it didn't require any liability of taxpayers. Shop for a good deal, don't settle, and don't expect your neighbor to subsidize your vehicle purchase. 👍
Who does that? Who looks at $9000 they just dropped from their own wallet and tells the next passerby "hey, its community money now, I'm fine, just keep it, I want you all to have it...." I was the passerby and I did appreciate the offer though....THANK YOU! I did not ask you to give it, I did not force you to give it, I never expected you to give it. Zero reason to blame the guy choosing to accept the free money offered to him by the government the "majority" elected. I pay my taxes, they chose to give some back, I'll certainly take it. :facepalm:

End of the day, my 4XE Rubicon was a 21.06% discount off MSRP....seemed like a "good deal" to me, so I bought it.

MSRP 65,560
Invoice 61,753
Negotiated Price 60,753
Ca Clean Fuel Rebate 1,500
Fed Tax Credit 7,500
Effective Purchase Price 51,753 or 21.06% off MSRP

OP congrats on the purchase and the write up, I enjoyed that, hope you enjoy the new ride!

Geesmill

First Name
Gees
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Duramax; Chevy Volt
Don't let it stop you 😎 I had the same debate, decided I didn't need the Rubicon (live in NJ), got a 4xe Sahara and put on Rubicon takeoff tires (33" K02s) on Willys/Moab wheels. Can get more selling the 4xe/HA wheels and tires than those from a regular Sahara. Looks and rides great. Most days I drive less than 25 miles and 4xe has been a good fit for that. (Have posted these pics in other threads so apologies for including here again). Good luck!

20210423_153813.jpg

20210423_182728.jpg

20210423_154158.jpg
That Sarge Green looks great. I am just surprised people want 20" wheels. Where did you end up selling the HA wheels?

Skeethree

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe, 2022 Rav4 Prime, 2020 Highlande Hybrid
Occupation
Architect
I don't understand or agree with the claim that my 4xe will get worse mileage than a non-xe either. So far the worst gas only mileage I've encountered is 24 mpg, battery is out of juice but Jeep still runs about 10-15% of the time on regenerated electric when driving in hybrid mode. Admittedly saying you can drive 700+ miles between fill-ups is meaningless, but I also don't see how someone can show less than 20 mpg on the ICE. I traded a 2018 Rubicon, almost the same spec as our new 4xe and never ever touched 24 mpg.

Either way, there's pluses and minuses to everything, and room for everyone's opinion, but no arguing with the fact that the 4xe is cheaper than a non-4xe, has more power, rides better, and steers much better than out 2018 ever did. So if you're sorry you bought a non-hybrid Wrangler just get over it and stop trying to justify your decision in nonsensical ways.

Sponsored

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 4xe, 21 Supra 3.0, 21 Pacifica Hybrid
Sorry but big oil companies get huge government tax breaks and incentives, and have been for decades. Would you rather see CEO’s get more money or taxpayers? Also keep in mind it’s a tax credit, meaning you have to have at least $7500 in tax liability. The people who buy $50-70K likely are paying more than their fair share of taxes.

Austintatious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUS / 2021 JLUSD
Does the 4xe require premium unleaded? I know it's "recommended" for the 2.0 Turbo, but the 2.0 in the 4xe isn't turbocharged, correct?

Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe purchase and 1150 mile drive home 1621041837850

DiscoJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 4xe
Does the 4xe require premium unleaded? I know it's "recommended" for the 2.0 Turbo, but the 2.0 in the 4xe isn't turbocharged, correct?

4xe is using 2.0 turbo engine as well. It just has electric motor on top of the turbo engine.
They 'recommend' 91, not required. I think it adjusts timing depending what fuel you use so there isn't going to be a problem even if you put 87 in it.
However, I am planning on going 91 when I get mine.

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires

It requires 87 octane unlike the standard 2.0.

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
It was put on the affiliate list in February of this year after being off it from November through January. They didn't deliver the first one until mid April of this year.
Sponsored