Rubicon Lift W/ Stock Size Tires

Tunedm3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Rubicon
Just picked up a 21 Unlimited Rubicon Diesel and was thinking of doing a 2 in spacer lift with stock wheels and tires...any opinions or pics if this will look right?
Sponsored

TrailScooter

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Jt, 91 F1504x4 and so on...
Just picked up a 21 Unlimited Rubicon Diesel and was thinking of doing a 2 in spacer lift with stock wheels and tires...any opinions or pics if this will look right?

Will it look right? Does it have a winch? 🤔

OP
OP

Tunedm3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Rubicon
Will it look right? Does it have a winch? 🤔
No winch. Local beach permit limits my tire size to 33 so I am hoping it doesnt look like its on roller skates with the stock tires.

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I'm thinking it'll look like you skipped leg day.

This is my Rubicon with a 3/4" lift and stock 285s but wider wheels with less positive offset. I'm more than ready to go to 35s.
20210403_152026.jpg

JLUinNC

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Here is my 2020 Altitude with. Rubi Diesel Suspension and 2.5” spacer. 18” rims with 33’s. Definitely a lot of space!!
I upgraded to 37’s.

8C8BFC52-E5FB-4E41-BE22-B77F30D37CD5.jpeg

C6C38A4C-9611-45B1-A578-116175AD41A5.jpeg

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
So, limited to 33" as spec'd or under load? A 315/70/17 (specs at 34.4") is 33.25" or so under load. Plus with metric sizes there is no absolute size posted on the sidewall. Only a knowledgeable beach patrol guy would figure it out. A yardstick measurement would have you close to 33". If you aired down, you would definitely be good.

OP
OP

Tunedm3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Rubicon
So, limited to 33" as spec'd or under load? A 315/70/17 is 33.25" under load. Plus with metric sizes there is no absolute size posted on the sidewall. Only a knowledgeable beach patrol guy would figure it out. A yardstick measurement would have you close to 33". If you aired down, you would definitely be good.
Thanks for all the pics and advice. They did say sidewall markings,

OP
OP

Tunedm3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Rubicon
Thanks for all the help. Tires are limited to numerical markings on sidewalls which makes it even worse. That daystar 3/4 spacer looks like the ticket. I will return the AEV 2 inch kit I have sitting here.

Low_Spark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
I'm thinking it'll look like you skipped leg day.

This is my Rubicon with a 3/4" lift and stock 285s but wider wheels with less positive offset. I'm more than ready to go to 35s.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Lift W/ Stock Size Tires 20210421_202401
Did you have to do anything after adding the spacers? Any changes in ride?

Sponsored

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Did you have to do anything after adding the spacers? Any changes in ride?
Nothing at all and no noticable ride change. Not obvious in looks, but I could tell that "something" changed the first few times getting into it.

I joke that I put on the World's Smallest Lift Kit.

A fellow 4x4 club member and I, both with JLURs, the nain difference being his is a hard top and 100% stock with plastic bumpers, mine witb aftermarket wheels (stock tires), soft top and steel bumpers. We both went up a 30° RTI ramp and shockingly, mine went 4" furter up the ramp than his. I was really shocked at that.

Low_Spark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Nothing at all and no noticable ride change. Not obvious in looks, but I could tell that "something" changed the first few times getting into it.

I joke that I put on the World's Smallest Lift Kit.

A fellow 4x4 club member and I, both with JLURs, the nain difference being his is a hard top and 100% stock with plastic bumpers, mine witb aftermarket wheels (stock tires), soft top and steel bumpers. We both went up a 30° RTI ramp and shockingly, mine went 4" furter up the ramp than his. I was really shocked at that.
Thanks for the response, thats good to hear. I am putting 35's on a stock JLRXE ( Or whatever acronym the world settles on for the JL Rubicon 4xe) and I dont want to lift, but I also want to regain some room and maintain the look within the wheel well. From what I have seen this isnt an issue up front, but in back its a tighter fit, especially with any gear.

NotMyHubbysJeep

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4-door Bright White 2021
Hoping I can get some good insight and opinions.
So :) Brought home my custom ordered Sport S 4 Door 2021 JLU (auto tran, 20. turbo)

I have some near new rubi wheels, and looking to replace the stock tires with 32/33's ish...
Found a take off Rubicon Lift kit for $300. The only reason I havent jumped on it, is I LOVE LOVE LOVE the smooth ride this stock jeep has.

We are a two jeep family, hubby will be doing the most rock crawling/moab, 2005 JL, 4 inch lift and much larger tires , its taller than I prefer for a daily driver.

What are your thoughts, if I change the suspension and get the Rubi lift - will it change the comfort of the ride. I test drove a few rubicons, and I like the height. The reason I didnt purchase the rubicon #1 was cost, and the amount of off roading I will do, the limited slip rear I have - will be just fine.

Thoughts - changing springs, etc. how much will it impact my ride?

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Lift W/ Stock Size Tires 1621437353098
Sponsored