Not open for further replies.

jrocker

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2dr
Just compared the printout from October that I did for my build on Jeep.com to the same build this morning.
Over all, $650 increase.

LED Lighting Group +$100
8.4" Radio +$100
Prox Entry +$100
Tan Leather Seats +$100
Just because +$250
Sponsored

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
just compared my JLUR build order from 3/10 and it is same price build as of today....looks like all the same option pricing from two months ago

Hogdreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cherokee, 2021 Sahara Altitude
My 2021 Sahara Altitude went up $650 from the day I placed the order on 26 February to 5 March.
That's exactly 7 days.
Sahara Package $38,825 increased to $38,925. +100
Altitude Package $3,295 increased to $3,595. +300
3.6 V6 eTorque $1500 increased to $1750. +250

If the dealer had upped the price $650 from the original order (which they could), I would have thought the entire increase was a "bait and switch" scenario from Stellantis. Figure once you were hooked and looking forward to your new purchase, you'd be willing to fork over a little extra to make your wish come true.

But the dealer never mentioned the higher cost even though I did ask that question on the 5th of March. The reply I got was "That's out of our control". I actually was concerned I'd be asked to pay more when I took delivery.

I know the Sky One Touch increased $100 from the time I began seriously looking at purchasing a Wrangler at the end of January. I decided that if I waited too much longer I would no longer be able to afford the Jeep I wanted.

I first began kicking Wrangler tires in August of 2018 and I wonder how much I had to fork over for the 2021 than for a 2018?

BubbaCon

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Compared builds from Feb to now, same exact build but sticker went up $1,300. One thing the dealer is now telling me is the system is forcing them or requiring them to add the Remote Proximity option. I tried asking what was forcing that, like what other option was making that required but received no response.

That being said, in Feb my sticker was $59440 with a sale price of $52047, now, the sticker is $60760 but the sale price is $55451. The dealer got a bit miffed when I asked him why the sale price increased $3500 when the sticker only increased by $1300.

Jeeperz Kreeperz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
One thing the dealer is now telling me is the system is forcing them or requiring them to add the Remote Proximity option. I tried asking what was forcing that, like what other option was making that required but received no response.
Yeah, I ran into the same thing on my order - I think I placed it on 4/2 or 4/3. Others have also confirmed - so this has been required for roughly 1.5 months now.

It bugs me because, of all the options, this seems like the most unnecessary. To pay $645 to save me the ”trouble” of hitting that key fob button seems ridiculous! But then again, I’m old enough to remember the days when we had to put a metal key into a door to unlock it 🔑 So a key fob is a fantastic step up from that!

Sponsored

BubbaCon

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Yeah, I ran into the same thing on my order - I think I placed it on 4/2 or 4/3. Others have also confirmed - so this has been required for roughly 1.5 months now.

It bugs me because, of all the options, this seems like the most unnecessary. To pay $645 to save me the ”trouble” of hitting that key fob button seems ridiculous! But then again, I’m old enough to remember the days when we had to put a metal key into a door to unlock it 🔑 So a key fob is a fantastic step up from that!
Same here, think this "option" is kind useless and just one more thing to break. I kept asking if there was some other option that was forcing this and they said no, its just required now on all of the orders.

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
At the dealership yesterday and on all the trucks at least they have added a "Market Adjustment" of $4500. Didn't look at Jeeps but imagine it is the same.

Tar Heel Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys Sport, JT Mojave, Sold JLU Sport S
Occupation
Cigar & IPA Snob
Same here, think this "option" is kind useless and just one more thing to break. I kept asking if there was some other option that was forcing this and they said no, its just required now on all of the orders.
If it's required, then it should be part of the base price. If you order a Sport or Willys Sport it's not even an option.

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
If it's required, then it should be part of the base price. If you order a Sport or Willys Sport it's not even an option.
On the Sport S, Willy's, Islander, and Sport Atlitude you are required to get the 7" screen and technology package option.

One advantage in my state (MA) is my Excise Tax is based on the Base MSRP on my window sticker. For my 80th, it is based only $31,975 since it based on sport model.

Low_Spark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE

Unnecessary maybe, but its convenient as hell. Gone are the days of having to set groceries down in the rain because your hands are full and you cant reach the fob. Pretty much any time you are carrying kids, dogs, beer etc its nice to not have to fumble trying to get to your keys. That being said I completely respect and appreciate the frustration with being forced to buy it.

Sponsored

jhrodd

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger, 2021 Jeep Wrangler, Fiat 500e

I ordered on 04/11 and don't have the proximity option.

Jeeperz Kreeperz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
I ordered on 04/11 and don't have the proximity option.
I’m jealous! I should have clarified: I ordered a JLUR 4xe. It may be specifically the 4xe models that require the proximity keyless option. In fact, I’m not even certain if all trim levels require it. But I am certain that the Rubicon 4xe requires it (or did when I ordered more than a week prior to your order).
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.