Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

So I used the recommended dealer thread and both Mark Martinez at Mac Haik Georgetown and Neil Carpenter at Demontrond were able to offer me 4% below invoice without any hassle or haggling. I'm looking at a 3hr drive, but 4% below invoice is like 9% below MSRP, and I'm not paying any extra for features I don't want or settling for a color I'm not in love with. I'm also not going to sit down to pay and find 2k dealer fees slapped on after we agree on a price because they tint the windows, lojack the car, put a 35$ security bolt on the tires, and add plastic bump-guards to the doors (looking at you, grapevine DCJR)
Did you go with Mac Haik or Demontrod? I saw that Demontrod was listed as a good resource on that Google Maps page, but when I went to their site, they're clearly one of those "get-the-car-add-a-lift-and-tires-and-sell-it-for-10K-higher" type dealerships. Looked like they did some volume but all of their stuff had $$$$$ extras. Guess if they're letting me custom-order, then I don't have to worry about that.

I'm a few months out yet but would love to hear your actual experience as I'm in the same boat. I don't mind a road trip to Houston if it'll save me several thousand bucks.
Sponsored

ShaunBJeeps

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee X4, 2017 GMC Sierra
I emailed 4 dealerships last week that I was ready to buy a Jeep. Three were close to my house and one was a dealer I found on this forum.

of those 4 dealerships, one emailed me back a credit application, one emailed me their "Forum pricing" (6% off Invoice + 1% for tread lightly) and two never emailed me back.

I took the "forum pricing" to a local dealer and they laughed and said "no way. That'll never happen" so I went back to the original dealer and placed my order.

I gave others a chance, but if you stick with known dealers that are bragged about on this forum, you know you'll get a good deal. And these dealers are relying on the traffic generated on these forums for revenue. The local dealer isn't selling dozens of custom orders per month so he probably doesn't get the kick back that the dealer I found on the forum does for high volume. Also, if the dealer I found on the forum starts playing the shuffle game with fees, they will no longer be a dealer bragged about on these forums. It's really a good way to shop!

Yankee1019

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 RAM 1500 Crew Cab, 2023 JLU Reign Willys
up until a week ago they were doing 7-8% off Invoice (not MSRP), but now seems to be more like 3-4%. Make sure you take into account their fees and need to finance. Hopefully that will change back eventually.
I can confirm this. Had an e-mail exchange with Craig @ Koons last week and the best he could do was 3.5% below invoice. That would have included EITHER tread lightly OR affiliate rewards. He said he couldn't honor both.

Ratiogear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
Did you go with Mac Haik or Demontrod? I saw that Demontrod was listed as a good resource on that Google Maps page, but when I went to their site, they're clearly one of those "get-the-car-add-a-lift-and-tires-and-sell-it-for-10K-higher" type dealerships. Looked like they did some volume but all of their stuff had $$$$$ extras. Guess if they're letting me custom-order, then I don't have to worry about that.

I'm a few months out yet but would love to hear your actual experience as I'm in the same boat. I don't mind a road trip to Houston if it'll save me several thousand bucks.
Demontrond. I was specifically shopping for a 4xe this time around. Mac Haik was doing 2% off, 1% affiliates, 1% dealer financing on 4xes. Still a great deal, but Demontrond was doing 4% off with no affiliates or financing. Affiliates won't bring me any lower, just increase their take, according to Neil.

TheDirtyDangla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.6 E-Torque
Greeting everybody,

This is my first post here and was hoping for some guidance on buying my first Wrangler. I've owned Grand Cherokees and Cherokees now I think Its time to step it up.

I was in my local dealer this weekend and I was informed that they do not negotiate the MSRP of Wranglers. I don't know if that is something all dealers do but my only option to reduce the cost was with a higher down payment. I was wondering if anyone with more insight on purchasing Wranglers could tell me if the price offered to me was decent or if I should take my business elsewhere. I have attached all the information I was given by dealer.

The Wrangler was a JLU Sport S:

Automatic Transmission
Proximity key
Push to Start
Heated Seats
7 inch Screen
Trailer Hitch

Thank you in advance!

Jeep 4.jpg

jeep 3.jpeg

You can shop around but honestly don't expect much off of MSRP right now. Being in sales most cars coming into dealer lots are already sold or have been ordered. Anyone saying they got a discount a month of two ago is probably correct but you won't find any crazy deals right now. It's a sellers market probably till the end of summer with this chip shortage. I just picked up my 2021 yesterday from a dealer still taking about $2,000 off for some reason. What's your location?

Sponsored

ShaunBJeeps

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your tax rate is 15.5% on new vehicles?

Greeting everybody,

This is my first post here and was hoping for some guidance on buying my first Wrangler. I've owned Grand Cherokees and Cherokees now I think Its time to step it up.

I was in my local dealer this weekend and I was informed that they do not negotiate the MSRP of Wranglers. I don't know if that is something all dealers do but my only option to reduce the cost was with a higher down payment. I was wondering if anyone with more insight on purchasing Wranglers could tell me if the price offered to me was decent or if I should take my business elsewhere. I have attached all the information I was given by dealer.

The Wrangler was a JLU Sport S:

Automatic Transmission
Proximity key
Push to Start
Heated Seats
7 inch Screen
Trailer Hitch

Thank you in advance!

Jeep 4.jpg

jeep 3.jpeg

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Your tax rate is 15.5% on new vehicles?
Some states tax the entire purchase price not just the difference between price and trade value.

OP
OP

SASQUATCH3000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport Altitude Edition
Just wondering is the Costco auto program any good? I have a membership and I have yet to use that. At this point I'll take any advantage I can.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Just wondering is the Costco auto program any good? I have a membership and I have yet to use that. At this point I'll take any advantage I can.
Itā€™s about invoice pricing.

OP
OP

SASQUATCH3000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm currently looking through all the recommended dealers. Trying to find the closest to Jersey.

Sponsored

ShaunBJeeps

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gupton in Tennessee is still doing 8% below invoice. A lot of people on the gladiator forum are ordering from him.
this is who I ordered from earlier this week. JLURD with half doors. 8% off invoice with tread lightly & using their financing.

OP
OP

SASQUATCH3000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
this is who I ordered from earlier this week. JLURD with half doors. 8% off invoice with tread lightly & using their financing.
Tennessee is a bit of a drive. (13 Hours). Do they deliver? lol

ShaunBJeeps

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How was the finance process with them? Did you do it in advance? Get a good rate? If you donā€™t mind divulging, of course! šŸ˜œ
i have not done financing yet. I just paid a $1,000 deposit. I know the rate I qualify for with my local credit union is about 2% so if they are a lot higher, Iā€™ll pass on the extra 1% and do my own financing.

Tennessee is a bit of a drive. (13 Hours). Do they deliver? lol
Make a trip out of it. Tennessee is a beautiful area. Catch a $100 southwest flight into Nashville and spend the weekend driving back. Stay the night in Gattlenburg on the drive back. I once drove 9 hours to pick up a parts Jeep for my grand Cherokee build. Iā€™m not afraid to log some miles to get a good deal and the exact vehicle I want!

But to answer your question, there are plenty of shipping companies that deliver. Probably looking at a few hundred bucks but compared to the savings, that might be worth it!

CWRUYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
I'm not sure if it varies per region, but the Costco program I tried to use in Ohio was a joke. The selected dealership couldn't stack the Tread Lightly 1% discount with the Costco discount--which was only 2% below invoice.

I ended up going with another dealership in Ohio who matched Criswell's pricing at the time, which was 5% below invoice (including Tread Lightly).

OP
OP

SASQUATCH3000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i have not done financing yet. I just paid a $1,000 deposit. I know the rate I qualify for with my local credit union is about 2% so if they are a lot higher, Iā€™ll pass on the extra 1% and do my own financing.

Make a trip out of it. Tennessee is a beautiful area. Catch a $100 southwest flight into Nashville and spend the weekend driving back. Stay the night in Gattlenburg on the drive back. I once drove 9 hours to pick up a parts Jeep for my grand Cherokee build. Iā€™m not afraid to log some miles to get a good deal and the exact vehicle I want!

But to answer your question, there are plenty of shipping companies that deliver. Probably looking at a few hundred bucks but compared to the savings, that might be worth it!
That actually sounds really nice. Maybe take a week off in the summer and make a vacation out of it.
Sponsored